PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RUMOR: Caserio coming back to New England after draft?

honestly i dont want Caserio back... his last few drafts here were really, really bad... its almost as if he intentionally wanted to weaken us on his way out the door

our drafting has been a lot better these last couple years, Groh has us on the right track
I agree. The Groh/Wolf combo seems to be doing OK. Leave it alone.

It’s really hard to tell though, given that Belichick is the actual GM. There’s definitely correlation with the most recent drafts being better than the prior ones, but how much of that was Groh vs. Caserio, compared with Belichick just changing how he makes the final decisions?
Agree. It is a worthy exercise to decompose the actual aspects of the operation, decisions, etc and try to identify where the credit/faults are but from afar, it seems to be working well.

Maybe some scrutiny needs to allocated to FA signings (which are always hit-n-miss) and who called the shots on those but from afar the Groh/Wolf combo seems to be doing well draft-wise.

Giants had 18,302 players taking snaps at 25 or Younger.
Houston was last with 9,809.
Almost half, between the 2.

I hated what caserio did for them last year he signed a ton of middle age jag players I didn’t understand it at all.

All Low priced low ceiling free agents.

I hated what caserio did for them last year he signed a ton of middle age jag players I didn’t understand it at all.

Wasn’t he just clearing out all the chaff and having a down year so he could use all the pucks and money this year from the Watson trade?

Wasn’t he just clearing out all the chaff and having a down year so he could use all the pucks and money this year from the Watson trade?

Well when you put it that way that makes sense.

Tank job. You have to spend to the cap floor anyway while tanking.

He passed on sauce and took stingley. Our drafts sucked when he was here. Please tell me this report is not true caserio blows

Yup. Even I was ranting about Sauce before the draft. If a schmuck like me could see Sauce's talent, how could bug-eyed Nick miss him?

Not only did he screw up Houston's draft, but he allowed Sauce to slip the Jets so we have to face him twice a year, at least. I don't know the cause of the Jets turnaround, but Sauce must have been a big part of it. Like I have said before, a shutdown corner is like having an extra man on defense since it frees up a safety.

Yup. Even I was ranting about Sauce before the draft. If a schmuck like me could see Sauce's talent, how could bug-eyed Nick miss him?

Not only did he screw up Houston's draft, but he allowed Sauce to slip the Jets so we have to face him twice a year, at least. I don't know the cause of the Jets turnaround, but Sauce must have been a big part of it. Like I have said before, a shutdown corner is like having an extra man on defense since it frees up a safety.

So who is Sauce in this draft?

He passed on sauce and took stingley. Our drafts sucked when he was here. Please tell me this report is not true caserio blows

Bingo. I ****ing Hated that pick as soon as it was announced.

No thanks on a Little Nicky Caesar reunion. I'd rather have Nike lick sweet nothings into Billy's ear than that failed slappy.

If BOB becomes Head Coach could Casario be his GM.

Just sayin. Kraft is known for keeping a lot of pokers in the fire. Kraft hired BB based on his interactions with him when Parcells was the Head Coach.

Kraft already stated in one of the Pats books that BOB was a strong candidate to take over post BB.

This off season seems longer than most, but then again I say that every off season..
Too much conjecture, too many rumors based on what some guy said or what some guy overheard.

Been looking thru the staff lists over the past 20 odd years ... there has not been a single instance of a front office employee returning to the Patriots after they have left... i don't think Caserio is coming back... i put the list in a quote box because its so long... expand it to see the list of names/positions
director player personnel Scott Pioli
director of college scouting Larry Cook
ass. director college scoting Lionel Vital

Vice President Player Personnel Scott Piolo
Ass. Director PP Jason Licht
DCS Larry Cook
ADCS Lionel Vital

VPPP - Scott Piolo
DCS - Thomas Dimitroff
ADCS - Lionel Vital

VPPP - Scott Pioli
Director Pro Personnel -Nick Caserio
DCS - Thomas Dimitroff
ADCS - Lionel Vital

VPPP Scott Pioli
DCS Thomas Dimitroff
DPP - Nick Caserio

VPPP Scott Pioli
DCS Thomas Dimitroff
DPP - Nick Caserio

VPPP Scott Pioli
DCS Thomas Dimitroff
Wr coach/Asst personnel dpt - Nick Caserio

VPPP Scott Pioli
Director of Player Personnel - Nick Caserio
ADCS - Jon Robinson

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Jon Robinson
DProP - Jason Licht
ADProP - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Jon Robinson
ADCS - Brian Smith
DProP - Jason Licht
ADProP - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Jon Robinson
ADCS - Brian Smith
DProP - Jason Licht
ADProP - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Jon Robinson
ADCS - Monti Ossenfort
DProP - Jason Licht
ADProP - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Jon Robinson
ADCS - Monti Ossenfort
DProP - Jason Licht
ADProP - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
DPS - Bob Quinn

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
ADPS - Dave Ziegler
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
DPS - Dave Ziegler
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
ADCS - Brian Smith
DPS - Dave Ziegler
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
ADCS - Brian Smith
DPS - Dave Ziegler
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

DPP - Nick Caserio
DCS - Monti Ossenfort
ADCS - Brian Smith
DPS - Dave Ziegler
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

DPP - Nick Caserio
AsstDirPlayerPer - Dave Ziegler
DirProPer - vacant
CSCoordinator - Brian Smith
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier
Scouting Consultant - Eliot Wolf

DPP - Dave Ziegler
Personnel Coordinator - Brian Smith
CSCoordinator - Matt Groh
ProSCoordinator - Steve Cargile
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier
Scouting Consultant - Eliot Wolf

DPP - Matt Groh
Personnel Coordinator - Brian Smith
Director of Scouting - Eliot Wolf
DCS - Camren Williams
DProS - Steve Cargile
DSAdmin -Nancy Meier

Last edited:
Been looking thru the staff lists over the past 20 odd years ... there has not been a single instance of a front office employee returning to the Patriots after they have left... i don't think Caserio is coming back... i put the list in a quote box because its so long... expand it to see the list of names/positions
That's tough looking at 2019's group and knowing that in a couple years, three of those guys named would be GMs somewhere else.

I get your point, but Caserio was "the guy" from 2009 all the way through 2020 in NE. If he lost his job I don't think it'd be hard to imagine NE would be opposed to finding a role for him even if it was just short term.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back