PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rookie numbers released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the Pats aren’t expecting Gordon back?

Or they are planning on giving Gordon #17 after reinstatement.:rolleyes: If Gordon can't give that #17 closure no one else will.

I think Josh will get # 87 if reinstated :eek:

I'm torn on 10 for Harry. Not the worst number by any means, but something in the '80s' may have been a better look.

Really don't like 4 on a QB.

Overall, meh. Not a fan of a lot of those number assignments but ultimately there are only so many in the 1-99 range to go around.

They'll grow on me, especially if guys play well.

Was just going to post that BB playing mind games with the Rook?? I bet he gets that number when it's all said and done.

Harry could have only kept it for this month so it's pretty pointless. Meredith is less likely to stay on the team long term so he gets the invalid number.

It makes me a little sad that Gordon's number is gone but I don't think he cared much about #10 in the first place. He's probably fine just taking whatever's left if he returns.

I have to imagine he was a Favre fan picking #4.

I'm torn on 10 for Harry. Not the worst number by any means, but something in the '80s' may have been a better look.

Really don't like 4 on a QB.

Overall, meh. Not a fan of a lot of those number assignments but ultimately there are only so many in the 1-99 range to go around.

They'll grow on me, especially if guys play well.

At least I got Cajuste, Cowart, Winovich, and Bailey's predictions right. I really really don't like the numbers for Harris or Williams. Would have switched them myself. 33 is a terrible number for DBs but good for RBs and vice versa for 37.

#8 will be very 'tight' on Harry.

Last edited:
"Harry is #10"

tyler.jpg

Harris should be wearing 34 like he did in college. Who has 34? 37 is a terrible number for a RB.

Harry wearing 10 looks lame as well.

Harris should be wearing 34 like he did in college. Who has 34? 37 is a terrible number for a RB.

Harry wearing 10 looks lame as well.

Burkhead has 34 so it's not out of the question that it opens up soon. I would have liked 33 on Harris instead of Williams.

Harry has 8 now; the 10 thing was misreported somehow.

Burkhead has 34 so it's not out of the question that it opens up soon. I would have liked 33 on Harris instead of Williams.

Harry has 8 now; the 10 thing was misreported somehow.
Totally forgot Burkhead wears 34. I agree, 33 would be better on Harris than Williams.

Wouldn’t Harry be the first player wearing a number less than 10 in the NFL? I thought skill player had to be above 10?

At least I got Cajuste, Cowart, Winovich, and Bailey's predictions right. I really really don't like the numbers for Harris or Williams. Would have switched them myself. 33 is a terrible number for DBs but good for RBs and vice versa for 37.
Yes, Harris could've had Dion's #33 and Williams like Rodney (most recent #37's will not be mentioned by me).

My head is spinning. Can't even split the difference and give him 9 because Gunner took it.

I thought it was odd that the Pats would give out Gordon’s number 10, ( he actually wore #12 in Cleveland and has it tattooed on himself, but for some reason that number wasn’t available with the Pats). I hope the league lets him back in and he thrives and heals. There are a ton of stories about athletes helping teammates get through addiction/tough times. Especially people like Roger Staubach, who has helped many of his ex teammates get through rough patches. And of course Bobby Orr getting the Turk to go to rehab, saving his life and launching his second career as a broadcaster. ( I still have a picture of myself at 5 wearing a “”Derek is unreal” t-shirt.

So hopefully one day we can add Josh Gordon and his buddy Tom Brady yo this list.

My head is spinning. Can't even split the difference and give him 9 because Gunner took it.

Obviously this means that since the numbers were assigned, the league has cleared Josh to come back!!!

Stidham #4 are they ever going to retire Adam's number?? It all started here for him: Adam would never have to buy a drink in this town. He will always be a hero around these parts.

I dont like #4 for a QB. Also should the Patriots retire numbers some day #4 and #12 should be done in the same ceremony.

At this point in time, football teams need to very selective regarding retiring jersey numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes