PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rolling Stone...Praising our Pats and TFB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Great read!!

The New England Patriots: Make America Great Again

I mean, this is not exactly a news flash. I am not the first person to note this, and I won't be the last. And that obvious truth is going to come flooding into play this week, in part because the 2015 Patriots have already begun to shatter the 2007 Patriots' records, and in part because the Patriots play the Colts next weekend, who happen to be the team that inspired the entire "Deflategate" narrative during last year's AFC Championship game. And again, I realize these comparisons are completely unfounded this early in the season, but do you remember back in 2007, when the Patriots began obliterating their opponents in the wake of "Spygate?" There is an obvious similarity here, at least in terms of the nature of the way the Patriots approach the task at hand: If, in 2007, the Patriots were the Eff-You team of the decade, brilliantly talented and nearly unstoppable on offense and annoyed as hell at everyone (and honestly, read the first few paragraphs of that Bill Simmons column I just linked to and tell me it couldn't have been written yesterday), in 2015, these are the "I Don't Give a F***" Patriots.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/features/the-new-england-patriots-make-america-great-again-20151012#ixzz3oO8va5bl

The author is using the Patriots to make a larger point about society these days. People would be happier and more productive if they simply didn't give a **** about what other people thought of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes