PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Roll call - all true Pats fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will continue to root on my Pats at the local Jacksonville sports bar wearing my Harrison jersey and waiting for Rodney to out the beat down on someone.

The D is going to have to step it up another notch now and with guys like Rodney, Teddy, and Seymour leading the way I am sure they will (not to mention Big Vince is pretty ticked off).

I'm reminded of my past experience as a Chicago Bulls fan. After MJ retired, all my friends started doggin the Bulls and said how they'd be one of the worst teams in the league.

Instead, they won 55 games and were in the chase for home court for most of the season. They didn't win the championship that year, they lost in 7 games to the Knicks (b/c of the worst call in NBA history) but I remember that season very fondly. It was a special team that far exceeded everyone's expectations.

This Patriots squad is also a special team that will far exceed everyone's expectations. Keep the faith Patriots Nation, you will be rewarded.

I was here watching the Patriots on a black & white TV with no internet.
I was here when we were 1-15, and when we had McPherson & Rod Rust.

I'm going to be buried in a Patriots painted casket. :p

Last edited:
I'm here to the BITTER END and were not even close to that.

I'm in............. Plenty of ball left in this team. I'll assume the injury to Brady didn't effect Randy's ability to catch passes, right?

The regular season will be more exciting now IMO, and I'll be along for the ride. Getting back to that "no respect," "underdog" role feels oddly nostalgic and I like it in a way.

On paper I honestly feel that we still have as good a chance as any to make the SB, we just have lost the enormous edge we had on the rest of the league. But with the Colts, Chargers and Jags looking subpar, I don't see a team that doesn't have a glaring weakness. If Cassel is anything above expectations it's going to be a great season.

Patriots football diehard fan for life, is it sunday yet?

I remember when the Patriots limped into the playoffs with Scott Zolak at the helm, and got crushed by the Jaguars. I still rooted for the Pats then, and hoped beyond hope that they would find a way to win. Season-long expectations have changed. We have been spoiled, for sure, by Tom Brady. But what will never change is the hope and pride in the team.

I was here watching the Patriots on a black & white TV with no internet.
I was here when we were 1-15, and when we had McPherson & Rod Rust.

I'm going to be buried in a Patriots painted casket. :p

Ugggggggghhhhhh please don't bring up those days!!

I'm here.

I'm pretty young, and I've only been watching football since the beginning of the Brady era, but I want to at least experience what the team is like without him. I mean, he'll be back next year anyways, and I plan on watching the Patriots the rest of my life, so I might as well get used to seeing someone else line up under center.

I just realized that the last Pats game I attended live (no longer in New England) was coincidentally against the Chiefs and Tom Tupa ended up at QB at the end of the game. So I'm here to stay.

There's plenty of negatively hovering around our region and for good reason. We've been spoiled rotten by 7 years of one of the greatest ever to play the game leading the team. The prospect of a full year without hunky Tom B leading the offensive attack is daunting, if not disheartening following last year's game that shall not be named.

Nevertheless, I'm disappointed by how quickly some fans have given up on this year (if you doubt that, look at how quickly the season ticket message board has filled up). This team established its greatness by spitting in the face of long odds, starting with the first game that Brady took the field. Now I do not have the utmost confidence in Cassell. I have my doubts that this team is more than a fringe playoff contender without Brady, but I will stand behind this team and its quarterback every moment as this season plays itself out, and I will be damn proud when this team makes the playoffs.

Anyone with me, make make yourself heard!

Nineteen and Zero

Last edited:
I think anyone that posts on a Patriots messageboard should be considered a true Patriot fan unless you are one of those annoying Dolphin/Charger/Colt/etc trolls.

I'll be watching the game Sunday (just like every week) with my Bruschi jersey on.

Go pats!

The only ones (notice I did not use the word 'fans') leaving are those that jumped on the band wagon after 2001. I've been through far, far worse than a team that includes Moss, Welker, Maroney, Light, Seymour, Wilfork, Vrabel, Mayo, etc. - if this group is not worth watching then I'm glad those people will no longer be here. Maybe they can follow the Saints, they seem to be this year's trendy team.

I'm mostly a lurker to get news, but I'll still be around. I'd be lying if I didn't say this diminishes my expectations a bit, but this is a team game and I believe even without Brady the Pats are the best team in the AFC East. Make the playoffs and anything can happen.

I've been a fan since the Zolak year, so I remember writing off the 2001 season when our QB went down only to be convinced and telling anybody that would listen that the Pats were Super Bowl locks towards the end of the regular season. All part of the ups and downs of being a fan. And in some ways this is going to make the regular season more exciting - I had decided that I wouldn't get too excited about it after last year. Only one thing mattered, getting back and winning the Super Bowl. This just puts everything back in perspective.

expectations are over, pressure is off. its all gravy now.. relax and enjoy

With Tom Brady the Pats are 16-0 and the best team of all time.

Without him this year they will be 12-4 and contend for a Superbowl. They are just that much better than the rest of the league.

It will just be more difficult this year, but the season is far from over. The best part will be the weeding out of the fair weather fans.

There is nothing that would make me abandon this team.

Cassel will lead the Pats onto the field on Sunday, and as usual, I'll be watching.

Bueller. Bueller.

ferrisbuellersdayoff5.gif

I will be cheering at the top of my lungs every week. We have to rally behind this kid.
Besides getting a nice sunburn yesterday, I had practically no voice left.

I'm sticking with my team and I don't plan to go anywhere. Losing Tom Brady hurts sure, but there's still an entire season to play and I plan to watch as many games as I can. Those of you jumping ship now because of one injury, make me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down