PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodney Harrison - A Football Life Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Loved Rodney when he was here pretty much WAS the patriot way. I might have to break my ban on NFL network to watch that. A football life is such a great show, wish there were more like it. I miss the classic football channel for learning about the history of the game but this is the next best thing

I'm still a bit upset with him, but I can't wait to see this.

What did he do?
The nonsense he talked about Brady early in Defamegate. I don't remember the quote exactly, but it was disparaging. You shouldn't do that to a guy who helped you win two SB's and one who had your ass up in another SB that your D could not close out. Either keep your mouth shut or show some support.

Last edited:
The nonsense he talked about Brady early in Defamegate. I don't remember the quote exactly, but it was disparaging. You shouldn't do that to a guy who helped you win you two SB's and one who had your ass up in another SB that your D could not close out. Either keep your mouth shut or show some support.
OK. Clearly I didn't remember it.

Hopefully Rodney has come around to the good side again.

Haven't been a huge fan of Rodney post-retirement but I loooooved him when he was with us. Can't wait for this doc!

OK. Clearly I didn't remember it.

Hopefully Rodney has come around to the good side again.
Hey, he's an analyst now. Whatever with him. I still appreciate him so much and will watch. Then I'll have to scrub my apartment clean, take three showers and bury the clothes I was wearing when I tuned into any NFL channel.

I think Rodney likes to say controversial things to stay relevant. If he backed Brady like Bruschi did, or McGinnest did, he wouldn't get recognition. Same thing with Damien Woody, he tried to infer that Brady cheated, but of course he didn't produce anything that could back up his claims (neither did the NFL for that matter :mad:).

Basically it was pile on by all the mediots at ESPN and the NFLN when the story broke, and even harder when the Wells Report (could anything BE more vague ?) came out. They all took the Carson Palmer route, didn't know ****, but blurted out nonsense.

That shot of him walking through all that confetti, tears in his eyes, still gives me the chills. Every single time.

His sense of timing, as far as anticipation, was simply other-worldly.

Only thing that bothers me about Rodney is that he didn't play his entire career in NE.

If you had 5 guys with his attitude on your team, you would win the SB every year.

I love Rodney and will watch, but having to see the "helmet catch" again....uuugggggg

That shot of him walking through all that confetti, tears in his eyes, still gives me the chills. Every single time.

His sense of timing, as far as anticipation, was simply other-worldly.
Also how he would read the QB's eyes accurately. Polamalu, as great as he was, usually guessed wrong and could be baited. Harrison, on the other hand, was never out of position and always read things accurately and, with the anticipation you mention, he usually made the play. People forget Tyree was not his assignment on that fateful play. He was trying to make up for Asante's dumb ass. Rodney was so smart.

Shame too. Every time i think about him here that's all i see now :(
I hear you. I just want to point out it wasn't really his fault. He tried to make the play after Tyree's man inexplicably left him to chase a QB who was 30 yards downfield.

That trailer gets a special
thumbsup.gif
for including an all-time-great Peyton face.

I never put any blame on Rodney for the helmet catch. It was ****ing surreal...he tried to punch it out but nope.

I never put any blame on Rodney for the helmet catch. It was ****ing surreal...he tried to punch it out but nope.

Like with any trauma, as a means of self-preservation, my mind cannot fully comprehend the helmet catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes