PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Robert Ayers - Best defensive player in the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

letekro

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Robert Ayers is wearing #56 and looking like a stud OLB in this picture. There's no doubt that the Broncos made a great pick at #18. I'm sure the Pats would have taken him at 23. I would not sleep on the Broncos this year. It's a very good sign for them that every talking head mediot is vehemently against the Cutler trade. Meanwhile, they picked up two studs in the first round and acquired a QB that doesn't make mistakes who should be effective in Josh McD's offense.

- SI Vault

Robert Ayers is wearing #56 and looking like a stud OLB in this picture. There's no doubt that the Broncos made a great pick at #18. I'm sure the Pats would have taken him at 23. I would not sleep on the Broncos this year. It's a very good sign for them that every talking head mediot is vehemently against the Cutler trade. Meanwhile, they picked up two studs in the first round and acquired a QB that doesn't make mistakes who should be effective in Josh McD's offense.

- SI Vault

Yes indeed.

I'm not buying it. People think that Peppers can't make the transition to OLB? What makes people think that Ayers will do any better? This guy isn't very fast and won't be able to cover anybody. This is really mind boggling because Peppers is way more athletic then Ayers. I see Ayes as the next Calvin Pace; gets the job done but nothing spectacular. Ayers would be better as a 4-3 end.

Last edited:
Excellent pick by Denver. He may have been one of the better values in the first round. HOWEVER..... he is not the best defensive player in the draft.

I would give that label to Curry. He can fit any system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes