PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Parker of ESPN: Patriots overrated, Brady's season a fluke

Status
Not open for further replies.
bob-barker.jpg

OLD PEOPLE
just stay in the house

Re: "Tom Brady's season a fluke": Rob Parker

I remember this guy. Hes the one who came out and said that Tyler Hansbrough would be a lousy NBA player because he was white.

He already has zero credibility and is a hack in the purest sense of the definition.

And Kevin Love. How could he not be fired for this? Holy double standard Batman!

Rob Parker needs to drink a tall glass of AIDS.

So a team that:

Has pictures of the "Dynasty Years" removed

Goes 14-2 with over half of the snaps taken by 1st/2nd year players

Stockpiles picks so that they have 6 in the first 96

Is "living in the past", so says Son of Spygate.

Where does "S"pin get these guys? Do they have any QC?

28 teams have not won the Super Bowl since spygate ended. Only the Giants, Steelers, Saints, and Packers have. Are those other 27 overrated?

Those 27 are cheating the previous seasons, thats for sure:D

Fcking dumbass Parker

well most people don't consider those other teams that good.

I disagree wtih him but it's up to the pats to prove him wrong. Going one and done in the playoffs isn't going to do it.

Patriots will get press like this from quarters and it will continue as we come up to the new season (if there is one) with peoples power rankings because we choked against the Jets in the business end of the season.

We as fans know something is being built here but the media will be the media. Like somebody said already it's up to the Patriots to prove people wrong now.

Rob Parker is living in the past. One big hit and he thinks he can comment on football? "Who ya gonna call?" Yeah, good lyric, but man he is milking it.

well most people don't consider those other teams that good.

I disagree wtih him but it's up to the pats to prove him wrong. Going one and done in the playoffs isn't going to do it.

As hard as it is to believe, your comment is even dumber than Parker's.

Again, how is a team that

takes down photos of the dynasty years

has over half of the 2010 snaps taken by rookies/second year players

6 picks in the first 96 picks

"living in the past"?

What's to prove? How many teams with half the snaps taken by 1st/2nd year players go 14-2?

It's amazing how divorced from reality Patriots talk can get.

I dunno who Parker is either, and certainly my club is not dealing from a position of strength (understatement of the year lol), but when you lose back to back playoff games in your own building it's not a good sign. The Ravens loss reminds me a lot of Jax (with Means and Brunell) traveling to Orchard Park in January, and finishing off the 90's Bills, ending Kelly's career in the process.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm fully aware my team has great strides to make. I'm just sayin' that when a dominant team starts losing playoff games at home, especially when that home turf has been so sacred, it's prolly the beginning of the end.

I dunno who Parker is either, and certainly my club is not dealing from a position of strength (understatement of the year lol), but when you lose back to back playoff games in your own building it's not a good sign. The Ravens loss reminds me a lot of Jax (with Means and Brunell) traveling to Orchard Park in January, and finishing off the 90's Bills, ending Kelly's career in the process.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble, I'm fully aware my team has great strides to make. I'm just sayin' that when a dominant team starts losing playoff games at home, especially when that home turf has been so sacred, it's prolly the beginning of the end.

I don't take very much out of the Ravens loss; that was a team that, to paraphrase TFB, didn't have much fighting spirit to begin with (thank you, Afailius Thomas et al.), and had just lost the heart and soul of the offense.

This loss was in some ways both more infuriating and less bothersome—this was a team that had overachieved, but also managed to give away a game that they easily could have won.

With an incredibly young, yet talented, defense, Tom Brady at QB, BB as coach, Kraft as the owner and 8 million high draft choices, it "prolly" isn't the beginning of the end. Bill Belichick isn't Marv Levy, Bob Kraft isn't Ralph Wilson and, God knows, Tom Brady (3 SB wins) isn't Jim Kelly (3 SB losses).

God knows, Tom Brady (3 SB wins) isn't Jim Kelly (3 SB losses).

Actually, Kelly lost four.

And really, what point does referencing Brady's SB wins make? I could just as easily point out that he is 2-4 in his last 6 playoff games, two of which have come at home, and in the first round to boot. Brady has not won anything in what, 7 years now? There was no need for you to be snippy.

Brady will be 33, 34, when the season starts? So by the time the young, talented, defense you reference is ready to win in January how old will Brady be? How ready will the rest of the components on the team be?

You can live in the early 2000s and make snide remaks all you like. The point is, when you start losing playoff games in your own building, and it becomes a trend rather than an anomaly, your run is probably over.

Championship teams never lose at home in January.

Last edited:
You can live in the early 2000s and make snide remaks all you like. The point is, when you start losing playoff games in your own building, and it becomes a trend rather than an anomaly, your run is probably over.

Saying "the run" is over is a cop-out statement that makes the assertion that all championship teams are doomed to decline no matter what (see early 1990s Cowboys). In that specific example, I don't recall a Aikman/Smith/Irvin team going 14-2 at any point after 1995. There are a few teams that have won titles, lost January playoff games and won a SB shortly thereafter. Early 1990s 49ers come to mind.

The Pats may not get there, but for a team in which 1/2 of it's roster is under the age of 23 , 6 picks in the first 92 selections and a QB who is coming off an MVP year is far from being in decline.

Last edited:
Saying "the run" is over is a cop-out statement that makes the assertion that all championship teams are doomed to decline no matter what

Correct, except it's not a cop out. We are witnessing the decline of the Patriots right now, (and have been since 08) you are just choosing not to see it.

Believe me, it's really nice that they went 14-2 last year. I'm sure it's encouraging to have a lot of young talent on D. However, you can't expect to contend for titles when you can't win at home in January.

I mean really, the Jets did everything they could possibly do to set themselves up for failure, and still walked into to Foxboro and beat the Pats in their own building. That's not encouraging no matter how you choose to look at it.

Last edited:
Correct, except it's not a cop out. We are witnessing the decline of the Patriots right now, (and have been since 08) you are just choosing not to see it.

This has nothing to do with January playoff games. Your true logic is that a team is in decline if they do not make the SB. I now assume that you believe the team was in decline since 2005 as opposed to 2008. Tell me this. From 1990-1993, the 49ers lost 2 home playoff games in January, but won the SB in 1994. Were they in decline with a QB in his 30s?

Believe me, it's really nice that they went 14-2 last year. I'm sure it's encouraging to have a lot of young talent on D. However, you can't expect to contend for titles when you can't win at home in January.

Going 11-5, 10-6 and then 14-2 and not winning a home playoff game (and beating the final four conference championship teams in the process) in consecutive years is not decline. It means that they aren't good enough to compete at a championship-level yet.

I mean really, the Jets did everything they could possibly do to set themselves up for failure, and still walked into to Foxboro and beat the Pats in their own building. That's not encouraging no matter how you choose to look at it.

How did the Jets set themselves up for failure??? During the regular season, they won games they should have lost and lost games they should have won. Thats an NFL regular season. The same can be said for Green Bay....

Last edited:
This has nothing to do with January playoff games. Your true logic is that a team is in decline if they do not make the SB.

I guess I should have been more clear. A dynastic team like the Pats used to be is in decline if they don't make the SB and start losing at home in January. They are being measured against the standard they set for themselves is what I'm getting at.

Fair point about the Niners, and in that context I see you point more clearly.

Last edited:
I guess I should have been more clear. A dynastic team like the Pats used to be is in decline if they don't make the SB and start losing at home in January. They are being measured against the standard they set for themselves is what I'm getting at.

By your definition, they most certainly have been in decline but I think it's more us fans who try to unfairly compare the current squad to the 01-04 Pats. With 3/5ths of the roster consisting of players in their 3rd year or less, and only BB, Brady, Wilfork, Koppen, Branch and Light the holdovers from those teams, this current group bears little to no resemblance to those ball-control, defensive-minded squads.

Once this team gets more talent on defense and are mentally tougher, they will be legitimate championship contenders.

Last edited:

Judging by your username, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt about not understanding how championships work.

But just as a clarification, championship teams never lose ANYWHERE in January.

I understand your belief that trends never break (4 SB losses in a row can disillusion anyone), but it's simply not true.

Seriously, what bizarre parallel universe did I wake up in this morning where a Bills fan is talking about the Patriots decline after 8-straight double-digit win seasons and a 14-2 season last year???

If you made this argument last season, I would have understood. We went from 16-0 to 11-5 and out of the playoffs to 10-6. But have you seen our last two drafts? While you guys were busy drafting OLBs who are better rappers than rushers, and another 1st round RB, we got 8 or 9 starters, along with 4 more contributors, and another 6 picks in the top 3 rounds this year.

We did decline. But you missed it while we were winning back-to-back AFC East titles. We weren't good enough to win a championship last year. But with so many young players developing and maturing, a bunch of extra picks in this year's draft, a HOF QB playing at his peak, and BB to run the show, things are looking pretty positive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST