PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

That's funny, I seem to remember a lot of people wondering how much Wilfork's weight would affect his recovery.

I'll admit it's something of an overstatement, but my point is simply that, before the surgery's even taken place, it's too early to make any sort of concrete prediction. All I can say for sure is that the guy wants to play, and I'm not going to bet against him.
I'm sure he wanted to play this year in September too, but it didn't happen.

Hear me now and believe me later: Next season starts with Gronkowski the same way this year did. We're all going to have the same tired old conversations. "When will he be back?" "I'd rather rest him now and have him in December and January" "Let him fully heal before returning him" "Should we put him on the PUP?" etc.

Now now....... don't get all pissy at me for calling your statement that losing Gronkowski hits harder than losing Brady idiotic.

Because it was.

You’re hilarious—you’re like a parody of an internet tough guy. I see you’ve got a few other pissing matches going on so I’ll let you get back to it, little man.

Ah yes. Moving the goalposts, which is the first move by someone trying to back down from previous statements (and hoping nobody notices how far he is backing down). Yesterday you ridiculed me for suggesting he wouldn't be ready for September, and now you're saying he has to be out until November to admit you were wrong.

September =/= November

Seriously. It's really not that big a deal to admit you were wrong. You actually look like less of a fool by admitting you were wrong than by denying it. In this particular case, just about everything I've said is turning out to be accurate (unfortunately).
You're absolutely right, there is no official official word. We won't get that until the team has to submit rosters for the start of the season. But right now a lot of people with access to the team as well as access to independent doctors are saying he is highly questionable for the start of next season.

Just like I was predicting 16 hours ago and you attacked me for those statements.

LOL! You are doing victory laps because no one has proven you right and in your twisted mind they have already proven you right. And you call me a fool.

You predicted that he would be gone until at least November. No one is suggesting that. There is a chance if he has a setback he will miss the start of the regular season. The media said the same thing about Brady and Welker when they had the same injury. And both did not miss a game before the regular season. Below is an article from when Adrian Peterson had the same injury two years ago and Welker three years ago. That is how the media works. They look at the worst case scenario.

According to multiple sources, Welker has both a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee, meaning he'll miss the entire postseason. And while it's purely speculative, there has to be concern about the start of the 2010 season considering that the recovery for an injury like this could take anywhere from 6 to 12 months. This diagnosis was first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter, who adds that Welker will undergo further testing on Monday.

Read more at: Loss of Wes Welker to Torn ACL, MCL Devastating to Pats | New England Patriots | NESN.com

A torn ACL will likely sideline Peterson for some nine months and make it difficult for him to return for the start of next season.

Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings tore ACL vs. Washington Redskins - ESPN

So in other words, you have nothing. You are just acting like an idiot because your feelings are hurt because you have been attacked. You have taken speculation which is always speculation in this type of injury and turned it into proof that Gronk is likely to miss the start of the season.

If Gronk misses more than one or two games, I will admit I am wrong. Otherwise, I wont.

What bill does in the draft will say a lot about his confidence in both wilfork and gronk.

Wilfork may be gone no matter what. He has the second highest cap hit on the team next season and the Pats can save $7.5 million vs. the cap if he is cut. He will need to take some sort of pay cut (either straight cut or an extension) or he will not be on the team in 2014.

You’re hilarious—you’re like a parody of an internet tough guy. I see you’ve got a few other pissing matches going on so I’ll let you get back to it, little man.
Well you keep responding to me, so what does that say about you? :singing:

No, seriously. Please tell us all again how losing Gronk yesterday was a worse blow than losing Brady in 2008 because you had already written 2008 off as a "lost season before it even began". I really want to hear that logic once again. What exactly was it about going 18-0 then losing the Super Bowl by 1 fluke play that made you think they had no chance in 2008?

I have to admit, I haven't seen any of those articles. Could you please link a few in here because I would be interested in being kept up to date. I didn't realize his injury was that serious, so I would very much be interested in reading those articles.
Boy, it must really burn you up that everything I said yesterday - you know, that statements you ridiculed me for - is being confirmed today.

Burn me up?!? You are hilarious. I love the fact that you are so clueless. Keep it up.

So far nothing that has been reported has proven me wrong except in your twisted mind. I have already given example of articles saying basically the same thing about other players who did not miss a game the season after their ACL and MCL tear. Your ignorance on the subject is cute.

Keep it up though. It seems others are getting about as much of a laugh at your expense as I am.

As for Wilfork's injury, find the articles yourself. I am done trying to educate you because it is a lost cause.

The Hernandez money has to be attributed to some position on the team, and $7.5 million is a huge hit when added to Gronkowski's $5.4 million cap number, making the investment $12.9 million in the TE position in 2014 before you add at least two other salaries to have a decent rotation.

Hernandez cap hit is 6% of the team salary cap next season. They can't go cheap at another position to make up for that much money invested in the TE slot.

In the 2014 draft, maybe the right guy is there at #1 or #2 when the Pats select, but I do not see the Patriots doing anything but going OL and DL in the first two or three rounds with the lack of interior depth on both lines. Maybe a tight end in the 4th round works, but it seems like they need to keep looking at DBs, especially if Talib isn't re-signed.

Even though Tommy Kelly and Vince Wilfork are signed through 2014, and we're seeing some development by Vellano and Chris Jones, the Patriots need a stud interior DL badly. Wilfork's Achilles is as, many have said, a major concern. There's no guarantee that he'll be a full-time NT when he gets back, if he can come back.

The OL has lots of holes as you add another year of wear and tear to Mankins (31), Vollmer (29), and Connolly (31). Svitek isn't the answer and Cannon, while a great story, doesn't seem to be a durable starter.

The 600-pound gorilla for the 2014 draft is whether they trade into position to draft another quarterback they like. There's no denying that #12 is the oldest player on the team.

It's a sunk cost. The hole at TE isn't any less gaping just because that money was spent. Belichick will spend money wherever he thinks it most benefits the team. If it's TE, then that's where it will go.

Burn me up?!? You are hilarious. I love the fact that you are so clueless. Keep it up.

So far nothing that has been reported has proven me wrong except in your twisted mind. I have already given example of articles saying basically the same thing about other players who did not miss a game the season after their ACL and MCL tear. Your ignorance on the subject is cute.
Then why are you already moving the goalposts? Why are you already backing down from your statements made yesterday and saying now he has to be out until November for you to admit you were wrong?
Keep it up though. It seems others are getting about as much of a laugh at your expense as I am.
Yes, there's another individual in here who said losing Gronk was a worse injury than losing Brady in 2008. So I consider his derision - and yours - as a badge of honor.
As for Wilfork's injury, find the articles yourself. I am done trying to educate you because it is a lost cause.
In other words, no such articles exist and you're 100% full of crap but you're not even man enough to admit you made a simply, honest mistake.

Seriously. I'm trying to do you a favor here. Trust me: You look so much less foolish saying something like "I am so passionate about this team and was trying to be as optimistic as possible yesterday in predicting Gronkowski would definitely be back in September, but it now looks like that prediction is not going to come true. My bad."

Peterson also tore his MCL in addition to his ACL

Last Christmas Eve in Washington, Peterson took a hit from the side by Redskins safety DeJon Gomes that bent his left knee gruesomely inward. Peterson tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), which connects the shin and thigh bones within the knee, and the medial collateral ligament (MCL) and damaged cartilage.

He had surgery 6 days later on December 30. For Gronk to be on the same schedule (December 30) he would need to have surgery 3 weeks from today. If he doesn't, he should be close. It'll be interesting to see when he has it. Brady waited for the MCL to heal (ironically to lower the chance of infecting the MCL during ACL surgery).

If everything goes without a hitch Gronk CLEARLY could be back by opening day. PUP would be a reasonable worst case. If all goes well he'll probably be on this year's schedule - no PUPed so he can be play as soon as he's ready and not forced to miss 6 weeks on PUP.

I'm curious if they'll get that plate out of his arm this offseason too.

Horrible news. Hate to see the stars in the league go down. Ward will blame the NFL but that's besides the point. The point is DBs don't seem to know how to tackle--they just launch themselves. Ward knew that had he tried to wrap up Gronk, he'd have been run over so he went low. Most of the time the runner's feet get cut out from under him and they goes down, other times the knee gets pulverized.

Sucks. Get well Gronk.

Why are you so mad? It's not my fault you're making a fool of yourself.

"the one positive is he should be 100% before the start of the season." - Rob0729

"Given how that injury looked, I have no faith that will be the case. Gronk is as tough as they come, but he's still only human." - SB39, in response

"Huh? A torn ACL is a torn ACL. Recent case history shows that a player who tears his ACL in December will be back and ready to play by the preseason. - Rob0729

then the next day....

"If Gronk doesn't play until November next year, I will admit I am wrong." Rob0729, desperately trying to move the goalposts and hope no one notices

Well you keep responding to me, so what does that say about you? :singing:

No, seriously. Please tell us all again how losing Gronk yesterday was a worse blow than losing Brady in 2008 because you had already written 2008 off as a "lost season before it even began". I really want to hear that logic once again. What exactly was it about going 18-0 then losing the Super Bowl by 1 fluke play that made you think they had no chance in 2008?

It's fun to respond to you because you're like a monkey who will perform every time—dance, monkey!

You’re also not very bright (which is obvious by your writing). I didn’t say a “worse blow” I said it was more depressing to me. Get it? I was sharing my thoughts on a fan board about how bummed out Gronk’s injury made me. ME. And then multiple times I said I had no desire to debate the point, I just found/find it really depressing. And this caused you to stammer and sputter with stuff like “put up or shut up.” You’re pathetic. Now keep dancing, monkey.

Then why are you already moving the goalposts? Why are you already backing down from your statements made yesterday and saying now he has to be out until November for you to admit you were wrong?

Go back and read the post you chose to ignore since I given you proof that you jubilant exuberation of being "right" is unfounded. I said I would admit I wrong if he misses more than one or two games. He could be held out for the first game or two as precaution.

Yes, there's another individual in here who said losing Gronk was a worse injury than losing Brady in 2008. So I consider his derision - and yours - as a badge of honor.

You should consider it a dunce cap for yourself. But whatever gets you through the night.

In other words, no such articles exist and you're 100% full of crap but you're not even man enough to admit you made a simply, honest mistake.

LOL! I love proving you wrong. It is too easy.

Wilfork's Patriots career may be over | Comcast SportsNet - CSNNE.com

And that was a simple search.

Seriously. I'm trying to do you a favor here. Trust me: You look so much less foolish saying something like "I am so passionate about this team and was trying to be as optimistic as possible yesterday in predicting Gronkowski would definitely be back in September, but it now looks like that prediction is not going to come true. My bad."

No thanks! You are doing me more of a failure by continue to post and making me look good by dragging down the conversation.

You might want to just admit you clearly know nothing about ACL tears and recent history of the injury in the NFL and just it is your fear he will be out until November, but he should be back for the start of the regular season.

Why are you so mad? It's not my fault you're making a fool of yourself.

"the one positive is he should be 100% before the start of the season." - Rob0729

"Given how that injury looked, I have no faith that will be the case. Gronk is as tough as they come, but he's still only human." - SB39, in response

"Huh? A torn ACL is a torn ACL. Recent case history shows that a player who tears his ACL in December will be back and ready to play by the preseason. - Rob0729

then the next day....

"If Gronk doesn't play until November next year, I will admit I am wrong." Rob0729, desperately trying to move the goalposts and hope no one notices

I stand by everyone of my statements. And I used the November thing to mock you for you said in the game thread that he would be out until at least November. You still ignored my post where I showed that the media said the same things about Welker and AD about being ready for the start of the regular season, but I give myself one to two game leeway just in case they decide to hold out for an extra game or two as a precaution. But if he isn't playing by game three, then I will admit I am wrong.

It's a sunk cost. The hole at TE isn't any less gaping just because that money was spent. Belichick will spend money wherever he thinks it most benefits the team. If it's TE, then that's where it will go.

Imagine what BB could do with, say, GRONK, a second stud TE, Dobson, Amendola/Edelman, and Vereen.

Might be out for 9-12 months. Unbelievable.

Hopefully we can sign Pettigrew or Finley this off season and draft a TE in early 2nd round

Imagine what BB could do with, say, GRONK, a second stud TE, Dobson, Amendola/Edelman, and Vereen.

I don't even want to because then I just get mad that that's what this year was supposed to be.

But yeah, we're still just one tight end away from that. That could be right back to record-setting offense status.

Timetables are meaningless until after surgery and seeing how he progresses during rehab. That said, Heath Miller is a pretty good test subject if he doesn't have any setbacks. Heath tore his ACL and MCL two weeks later than Rob. He missed the 1st two games of the season and has played well since coming back game 3.

Considering how cautious Gronk was with his arm, I can see him missing the first half of next season.

AND he got a concussion...what a day for him.

And like someone said. Look how carefull he was with his arm/back. he will be VERY careful with this as he should...lets see how long he is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back