PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Feel really bad for Gronk but starting with this offseason the Patriots need to start to move away from him as a key player in the offense. Sorry but Gronk isn't going to get healthier as he gets older and this team cannot continually be in a position of having the reshape their O after Gronk's annual injury. They need to look at Gronk as simply an O lineman on the depth chart and retool the TE position.

They have to re-shape the entire receiving corps IMO. Belichick was ahead of the curve with the whole TE-centric offense, but it's now officially over I think. Obviously they have to look at TE in the off-season, but not like it's the end of the world if they can't find Gronk or Hernandez type guys. I'm pulling for Dobson, KT, etc., but it's time to bring a top-tier WR or two in here. 2007 all over again.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 10m
Unusual locker room vibe: A mix of heartfelt emotion from Patriots teammates for injured Rob Gronkowski & elation from improbable comeback.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 9m
Captain Mathew Slater on Rob Gronkowski: "It is like you are in a bad dream. You wake up and hope it wasn't really happening."

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 8m
Matthew Slater: "I am totally heartbroken for Rob and what he is going through. We're going to try to keep playing for him..."

We still havent had one full playoff with gronk healthy. has possibly cost us 2 SBs. Just bad luck.:bricks:

Yes I never denied that ACLs could be torn to varying degrees,
"Sorry, but that's not true. There are varying degrees of tears." - SB39, post 32

"No! An ACL tear is an ACL." - Rob0729 in response, post 36

Please continue humiliating yourself. It's quite enjoyable.

I'm beginning to think that Gronk is just TOO good.

The only way to defend him is knock him out of the game.

Kind of like hockey where they start a fight with the opponents best player to get him off the ice.

"Sorry, but that's not true. There are varying degrees of tears." - SB39, post 32

In the context that I believe he's speaking, it doesn't matter what the grade is because the nature of the game pretty much makes surgery mandatory which ends his season. In the NFL, an ACL tear is an ACL tear because they replace it either way. His road to recovery depends upon other structural damage.

This might not be the right thread to write this, but, after the hit on Gronk today, I thought it might be OK.

Here is a theory… Do you know who is responsible for the current state of the game???

You are.

And by “you,” I mean modern American society. I mean all the die-hard fantasy football owners. I mean all the Madden players. I mean all the money that changes hands (both legally and illegally) in Vegas and other locales.

Modern American society loves… LOVES and thrives on over-dramatizing and over-sensationalizing things. Football is no exception. The pyrotechnics and smoke at the beginning of games. The blaring music and light shows. The Faith Hill and Carrie Underwood intros to night games. The Super Bowl halftime shows and commercials. The over-inflated salaries.

Americans LOVE the glitz and glamor. They love watching millionaires running around the football field. And they love HIGH SCORING football games!!!!

Fantasy football owner love HIGH SCORING football games.

Madden players love HIGH SCORING football games.

And Las Vegas is Las Vegas. Money… LOTS of money, as it does to most things, has corrupted and ruined the game.

And how do you get high scoring football games? You change the rules to favor the modern passing game. You basically can’t hit the QB. You can’t lay a finger on a receiver before they catch a ball. And you can’t hit a receiver high. And if a defender tries to hit a receiver in his mid-section, and the receiver ducks, and the defender inadvertently goes helmet-to-helmet with the receiver… And now, with Gronk’s injury and the other injuries that are happening to receivers as a result of defenders “going low,” I expect more rules (i.e., limitations) being instituted that will further limit defenses to play football.

Long gone are the days of rock ‘em, sock ‘em, run the ball 60% of the time, defensive struggles (although they do sometimes still happen). Long gone are the days where the final scores are 14-10, 10-7, 7-6, 17-13. What fun is it for modern America to watch games like that? Do fantasy owners like to see outcomes like that? Would Madden be as popular as it is if games were still like that? Would Super Bowls be as glamorous with games like that?

Although I don’t like Goodell, he is just responding to what you and the American public wants.

Gone are the days of Ronnie Lott, Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White. As a matter of fact, with the current rules, all of those players would be drummed out of the league after paying some hefty fines.

While I don’t like the current state of the game, I still watch it. I still root for the Pats. But… I miss my “old” game.

I'm sending good thoughts to Gronk for a speedy recovery.

you must think you really hit the nail on the head with that post...you didn't. Baddell is responding to only the wishes of the OWNERS. Las Vegas money corrupting the games??? Laughable. The money being made by the owners off the NFL fanbase is the REAL motherlode of all bonanzas. The fix is owners/networks/advertisers. The fix is Harbaugh Bowl being trademarked in February BEFORE the season ever starts. The fix is Jerome Boger being picked to work a Super Bowl with one of the worst crew ratings ever, calling ONE defensive penalty in the backfield of EITHER team, when 41 CLEARLY IDENTIFIED infractions occurred, probably more. The fix is Ray Lewis wins in his final appearance and an hour later, getting a seat in the ESPN corporation. The fix is the Torrey Smith 100% PI call in the first half NOT being called and the pass interference by the Ravens on Crabtree at the end NOT called, even though clearcut, 100% defensive pass interference. They make that call, Ray Ray's scripted finish goes in the crapper. THERE is your fix.

If I remember correctly, WW tore his ACL during the last game of the season in Houston and was back for the start of the next season. Gronk can do the same.

If I was Gronk. Dr.Gill comes nowhere near surgery

Just have Dr. McElattrache do it. He did pretty well on Brady's.

you must think you really hit the nail on the head with that post...you didn't.

Like I wrote, it is just a theory.

I forgot to write about (and agree with you) about the owners and the media.

If you (or anyone else) is looking for a "cyber fight" from me, you aren't gonna get one. I have too many "real world" matters to attend to.

Peace...

************, calm down you freak.

omg I need to change my sig and ****.

Look at Peterson get carted off with a leg injury too.

The NFL just lost 2 of its biggest stars, possibly for the rest of the season, all because of sheer ignorance and a pathetic attempt at changing the rules such a huge aspect to the game (HITTING).

You are the only one who is humiliating yourself. Again!!! ACL tear is an ACL tear from a treatment purpose. It doesn't matter if it is a partial tear or a complete tear, the treatment and the recovery time is basically the same. you are the clueless one in this and you continue to be too stupid to realize it.

I said the ACL tear is an ACL tear to your totally ignorant post that this could take a lot longer to recover because it look really bad. I didn't mean that a partial tear is exactly the same as a full tear. I was saying the treatment and recovery time is the same.

I really hope I educated you on this, but you appear to be a lost cause.

They have to re-shape the entire receiving corps IMO. Belichick was ahead of the curve with the whole TE-centric offense, but it's now officially over I think. Obviously they have to look at TE in the off-season, but not like it's the end of the world if they can't find Gronk or Hernandez type guys. I'm pulling for Dobson, KT, etc., but it's time to bring a top-tier WR or two in here. 2007 all over again.

Agree. You simply cannot go into next season with Rob Gronkowski in the role of an indispensable part of the offense.
This is the 3rd year in a row......
Consider him an O lineman on the roster, rebuild the TE position and include Gronk in the O but this team needs to move away from him being the man.
This is the 3rd year in a row......

https://twitter.com/tomecurran

Tom Curran says the ACL is suspected but not confirmed. This is supported by him saying it's not a fracture.

Reading between the lines, they probably are substantially certain that it's the knee, with the precise nature of the knee injury being more of an educated guess pending the MRI.

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

https://twitter.com/tomecurran

Tom Curran says the ACL is suspected but not confirmed. This is supported by him saying it's not a fracture.

Reading between the lines, they probably are substantially certain that it's the knee, with the precise nature of the knee injury being more of an educated guess pending the MRI.

I am hoping that miraculously it's not bad

Am I too late for the posts about Gronk being a "disappointment" or "made of glass?"

Losing Brady in 2008 was far worse. No comparison.

Disagree. That season was the hangover season of all time. No way the Pats were winning the Super Bowl that year. This year, the Pats have taken SO many hits....but at least Gronk was finally all the way back. Gronk injuries have already cost the Pats probable Super Bowl wins. And now this. Agree with the poster who said it was the worst.

But it this way...today was an INCREDIBLE victory. Are you happy?

I don't know how we are going to win anything in the playoffs with so many injuries. We would be the best team in the league right now if it weren't for injuries. Can't do much about it...just gotta move on and take it one game at a time.

I agree. A friend from work texted this to me after I said Gronk is out for the year.

"They have won in every possible way this year. You can not ever count them out. Man I hate that! Until they lose in the playoffs, to me they are the team to beat."

I hope he's right, but I've never seen a team with so many KEY injuries go far in the playoffs. Gronk, Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Vollmer, etc. Just too many. And let's not forget, key players have missed major chunks of games too. Gronk had missed 6 games before he played a game, he'll miss 9 games total, Vereen missed 10, Amendola missed a bunch of games, our key rookie receivers are now hurt. The football gods really hate us this year, yet THIS team refuses to give up !

I don't know how we are going to win anything in the playoffs with so many injuries. We would be the best team in the league right now if it weren't for injuries. Can't do much about it...just gotta move on and take it one game at a time.

The 2010 Packers say "Hi". They had 15 players go on IR plus one player suspended.

Am I too late for the posts about Gronk being a "disappointment" or "made of glass?"

Nope. Not too late. In fact they'd be quite accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST