PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

un****in believeable. You can't possible have worse luck than the pats this year. It's really gone beyond ******* ridiculous. Refs have raped us all year aside from today and multiple pro-bowlers down for the season. Denver should be ****** embarrassed if they don't win the AFC with the injuries the pats, bengals, ravens and colts have had.

Sorry but that's pretty idiotic too. They went 18-0 and were 1 play away from winning the Super Bowl. What in the world made you think the following season was a "lost season" before it even began??

Well, now you're just being a bit of a ****. Not in the mood to dissect the 2008 team. Suffice to say, I didn't seem them winning a Super Bowl, Brady or not.

If it's any consolation, I've seen players in the Australian Football League blow out an ACL/MCL, get up under their own power and walk off the field only to miss the entirety of the next season. What something looks like and what it is are difficult to diagnose with a simple this is what it looked like.

heck, Rajon Rondo played 10minutes on a torn acl last year

And he's absolutely correct.
No, he's really not. NFL players aren't taught how to tackle correctly. Launching yourself head first at a player isn't tackling, it's launching at a player.

Have a look at the lads playing Rugby League and Rugby Union. They're some of the finest tacklers you'll ever see. Naturally, attrition occurs, but that's to be expected in contact sports.

Watching it now I can see his leg wasn't planted at the time so that will help slightly. He however was not happy while lying there. "It's my M***** F****** leg"

Well, now you're just being a bit of a ****. Not in the mood to dissect the 2008 team. Suffice to say, I didn't seem them winning a Super Bowl, Brady or not.
Sorry but when I see an idiotic statement, I call it an idiotic statement. After going 18-0 and coming within one play of a perfect season, not a single person - including you - went into 2008 saying "this will be a lost season."

After that first game, we were all saying it. But prior to the start of the year, no one was.

No, he's really not. NFL players aren't taught how to tackle correctly. Launching yourself head first at a player isn't tackling, it's launching at a player.

Have a look at the lads playing Rugby League and Rugby Union. They're some of the finest tacklers you'll ever see. Naturally, attrition occurs, but that's to be expected in contact sports.

I posted the GIF in the other thread. Ward didn't launch himself head first. Not even remotely close. And, if you think that was dirty, you would then need to criticize McCourty's hit because they were both similar.

heck, Rajon Rondo played 10minutes on a torn acl last year

Rondo isn't human. So not sure he counts. Speaking of which, how about that ass whooping at MSG today(although I doubt any of us saw it)?

I posted the GIF in the other thread. Ward didn't launch himself head first. Not even remotely close. And, if you think that was dirty, you would then need to criticize McCourty's hit because they were both similar.

CBS Sports disagrees with you...

Rob Gronkowski suffers nasty knee injury, out for Patriots - CBSSports.com

Gronk went up to make a grab across the middle when T.J. Ward dove at Gronk's knee with his helmet, spearing the tight end in the knee.

Gronk immediately fell to the ground and began holding his knee. He was slow to get up and eventually carted off.

826463572.gif

I think we will just have toi disagree on what launching at an opposing player's knee is...I think that is launching helmet first at a player's knee...I think I see the player hitting Gronk's knee with his helmet . You don't. There's no sense in arguing. You see what you want to see, I see what I see.

Sorry but when I see an idiotic statement, I call it an idiotic statement. After going 18-0 and coming within one play of a perfect season, not a single person - including you - went into 2008 saying "this will be a lost season."

After that first game, we were all saying it. But prior to the start of the year, no one was.

I don't know if I said it or not, but that's how I felt. Didn't see it happening, before or after. Enough of this.

If the hit was intentional than I think the player should be fined, suspended, and ordered into counseling for doing such a move on Rob Gronkowski. I think it is totally wrong to try and injure any player in order to win. Two wrongs don't make a right and retaliation is never the answer. With that being said I wish Rob a speedy recovery.

Bingo, IF the moron wraps up around the hips or even the thighs and performs a correct tackle nothing happens to Gronks knee.

He was going for his lower legs, hits with the helmet and shoulder following through, right through the knee. A person that goes for the lower leg, anywhere lower than the thigh, should be fined and suspended. It was basically the same thing as a chop block, which is a penalty.

Head first shoulder first whatever floats your boat. Launching at a player isn't tackling. I think I've got runs on the board to prove I take aim at Patriots players in an objective manner comparable to my appraisal of the wider NFL.

I don't know if I said it or not, but that's how I felt. Didn't see it happening, before or after. Enough of this.
Well, you've been in this forum since 2006, so please show me a post you made prior to Brady's injury that even remotely implies you felt 2008 would be a "lost season."

Put up or shut up.

CBS Sports disagrees with you...

Rob Gronkowski suffers nasty knee injury, out for Patriots - CBSSports.com

Gronk went up to make a grab across the middle when T.J. Ward dove at Gronk's knee with his helmet, spearing the tight end in the knee.

Gronk immediately fell to the ground and began holding his knee. He was slow to get up and eventually carted off.

826463572.gif

I think we will just have toi disagree on what launching at an opposing player's knee is...I think that is launching helmet first at a player's knee...I think I see the player hitting Gronk's knee with his helmet . You don't. There's no sense in arguing. You see what you want to see, I see what I see.

Again I have to wonder what people look at when they see videos and GIF's. The helmet made no contact with the knee. The shoulder pad made contact with the lower thigh. It's right there in an image that plays the hit over and over again. And, once again, if you're going to be critical of that hit then you should be equally critical of McCourty's.

Bingo, IF the moron wraps up around the hips or even the thighs and performs a correct tackle nothing happens to Gronks knee.

He was going for his lower legs, hits with the helmet and shoulder following through, right through the knee. A person that goes for the lower leg, anywhere lower than the thigh, should be fined and suspended. It was basically the same thing as a chop block, which is a penalty.
Except it's nothing like a chop block because Gronkowski wasn't engaged with another player.

BTW, chop blocks are legal when the player being blocked is not engaged with someone else. They're only illegal when one guy is blocking high and another guy goes low.

Again I have to wonder what people look at when they see videos and GIF's. The helmet made no contact with the knee. The shoulder pad made contact with the lower thigh. It's right there in an image that plays the hit over and over again. And, once again, if you're going to be critical of that hit then you should be equally critical of McCourty's.
It was a textbook tackle for a guy going up against a larger, stronger opponent. You don't try to wrap up someone like Gronk because he'll drag you 10 yards. You aim to take out their legs.

He didn't deliberately target the knee. At those speeds, he was just trying to get in front of Gronk and make him lose his footing. It wasn't dirty, despite some in here who constantly have the need to feel the Patriots are persecuted by the refs, the commissioner, the league, other players, etc.

Anyone who watches that image and thinks they see a player launching at Gronk should probably seek corrective surgery for their cataracts.

Well, you've been in this forum since 2006, so please show me a post you made prior to Brady's injury that even remotely implies you felt 2008 would be a "lost season."

Put up or shut up.

What part of "I don't know if I said it or not" don't you understand?

You can now drop out the "a bit" part before when I said you were acting like a bit of a ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST