PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski injury: torn ACL, MCL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

Meh it's fine even if it's multiple. I did ACL MCL and Meniscus playing Rugby. Was back running around at 6 months and playing again at 8. It's all abotu how the surgery and rehab goes.

A mate just did his ACL, infection happened, needed to do it again, was out 2 years.

I am hoping Gronk is ready by week 5 next year.

I think we need to sign or draft a TE. I don't know who is out there but we need a good reliable target other than Gronk. I don't blame Gronk's durability for the injury but we can't continue to rely on him 'staying healthy'.

That's ridiculous. Nothing stings worse than losing the greatest QB of all time in game 1 of the season.

Sure, I know what you mean, and I don't want to get into a thing about it. All I can say is, I knew that was a lost season before it started. And there was an element of appeasing the gods of injuries with the sacrifice.

This....I dunno. This just sucks. Doesn't feel fair (he cried....cue fans of other teams rolling their eyes here, I realize.)

You can't blame this on Ward. That was a bang bang play and he did what the NFL has been preaching to these guys about tackling.

Not a dirty play.

This is the new NFL and unfortunately there is going to be an increase in lower body injuries. Defensive players are going to continue to hit low because they don't want to be penalized and fined. I feel awful for Gronk and wish him a speedy recovery.

Meh it's fine even if it's multiple. I did ACL MCL and Meniscus playing Rugby. Was back running around at 6 months and playing again at 8. It's all abotu how the surgery and rehab goes.

A mate just did his ACL, infection happened, needed to do it again, was out 2 years.

I am hoping Gronk is ready by week 5 next year.
I always find it pretty hilarious when people talk about their own experiences with injuries as if it has any relevance whatsoever to the world of professional sports.

They would know if it was the LCL and PCL just like they know it is an ACL. Since there are no reports of any other tears, it is safe to expect at worst there might be an MCL tear which really is minor relative to an ACL tear.
Yeah. The Patriots are always very open and forthcoming about player injuries, so since we haven't heard any reports yet, we have nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

You better watch out, my friend. I said something similar and got attacked with venom on all sides.

heck, who cares. its called an opinion. i agree, i think the Gronk we know is DONE !

get well soon Gronk :(

Sure, I know what you mean, and I don't want to get into a thing about it. All I can say is, I knew that was lost season before it started.
Sorry but that's pretty idiotic too. They went 18-0 and were 1 play away from winning the Super Bowl. What in the world made you think the following season was a "lost season" before it even began??

They might as well pack the league up right now if they are going to allow defenders to dive at knees. They need to revise the rules on head shots to focus on the dirty hits and deliberate shots, not incidental contact, they should not allow what happened to Gronk today period.

They would know if it was the LCL and PCL just like they know it is an ACL. Since there are no reports of any other tears, it is safe to expect at worst there might be an MCL tear which really is minor relative to an ACL tear.

When Brady tore his acl we did not get the official news until the next day. Looking at that hit I guarantee Gronk tore his acl.

Yeah. The Patriots are always very open and forthcoming about player injuries, so since we haven't heard any reports yet, we have nothing to worry about. :rolleyes:

Drew Rosenhaus talks to Mike Florio. Schefter, Breer, and others do get inside information. There has already been reports of a torn ACL. Why would they release that the ACL is torn, but not the LCL and PCL.

You almost want to have Gronk totally blow out his knee so you will be right that he is out until November or longer. Because if it is just the ACL, odds a great that he will be back and ready for the start of the season. Almost a guarantee barring a setback.

Report: Rob Gronkowski tore his ACL

They might as well pack the league up right now if they are going to allow defenders to dive at knees. They need to revise the rules on head shots to focus on the dirty hits and deliberate shots, not incidental contact, they should not allow what happened to Gronk today period.

Where the hell have you been?

Thats been a legit hit since the beginning of time.....but good thing the pats are careful to not hit like that.

It was tough luck, and that play is a ticking time bomb for whoever runs that route

I hate that taking out a players knees is all the defensive players can do anymore.

And I hate the horrible luck this team has.

God d%#*!@t

When Brady tore his acl we did not get the official news until the next day. Looking at that hit I guarantee Gronk tore his acl.

I have said it almost guaranteed an ACL tear. There are already multiple reports that it is an ACL tear. Recent history tells us that with an ACL tear, Gronk will be ready and potentially100% by the start of the regular season.

The only way Gronk won't be ready for the start of the season barring a setback like another infection would be an LCL or PCL tear. But since they are already reporting an ACL tear, it is doubtful he tore either of those ligaments.

Drew Rosenhaus talks to Mike Florio. Schefter, Breer, and others do get inside information. There has already been reports of a torn ACL. Why would they release that the ACL is torn, but not the LCL and PCL.
They haven't released *****. Every single person watching that play said "torn ACL" when they saw it. That's where your reports are coming from.
You almost want to have Gronk totally blow out his knee so you will be right that he is out until November or longer. Because if it is just the ACL, odds a great that he will be back and ready for the start of the season. Almost a guarantee barring a setback.
I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I guess we'll find out. At this point I'm hoping it's "just" an ACL. But I know what my eyes saw and right now I would bet he's not ready by September.

They haven't released *****. Every single person watching that play said "torn ACL" when they saw it. That's where your reports are coming from.

People are reporting is it an ACL tear from sources. it isn't speculation:

Source says Rob Gronkowski suffered what's believed to be a torn ACL. MRI tomorrow to confirm. Not surprising but another bad break for him.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/409802086692687872

Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski is believed to have a torn ACL, per source. MRI to confirm tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/409804694073389057

The medical staff know what ligament(s) he tore. They just need confirmation. So why would they hide other ligament tears.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do. I guess we'll find out. At this point I'm hoping it's "just" an ACL. But I know what my eyes saw and right now I would bet he's not ready by September.

No offense, but who cares what you see with your eyes. I didn't think it looked any worse what happened to Gronk except he went end over end than what happened to Adrian Peterson in 2011. Peterson's knee went the other direction even worse.

And even then, you cannot tell from watching a play how bad a knee is damaged. You see plays where you think the player has a season ender and they come back two plays later. Look at Julius Thomas in Denver. Four weeks ago his knee bent backwards on a play. Looked like he was done for the year. He played today and got a TD.

the problems on this team run deeper than Gronkowski. even with gronk the offense did nothing until the 3rd quarter.

No offense, but who cares what you see with your eyes. I didn't think it looked any worse what happened to Gronk except he went end over end than what happened to Adrian Peterson in 2011. Peterson's knee went the other direction even worse.
Promise me you'll still be here in September, brah. I hope you get the chance to gloat your head off at me. I really do.

People are reporting is it an ACL tear from sources. it isn't speculation:

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/409802086692687872

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/409804694073389057

The medical staff know what ligament(s) he tore. They just need confirmation. So why would they hide other ligament tears.

And even then, you cannot tell from watching a play how bad a knee is damaged. You see plays where you think the player has a season ender and they come back two plays later. Look at Julius Thomas in Denver. Four weeks ago his knee bent backwards on a play. Looked like he was done for the year. He played today and got a TD.
If it's any consolation, I've seen players in the Australian Football League blow out an ACL/MCL, get up under their own power and walk off the field only to miss the entirety of the next season. What something looks like and what it is are difficult to diagnose with a simple this is what it looked like.

Man, this is the 3rd year he has not finished the season. Feel bad for him and the team. Nothing more to be said. Just bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST