PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP: Rev. J. Donald Monan, S.J.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanSince74

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Father Monan died this morning at the age of 92. He was a Boston legend, taking BC from a struggling local college to a national powerhouse in nearly a quarter century as the school's President.

As the linked article mentions and as an earlier article in the Globe detailed, Monan played a major role in keeping the Patriots in the Boston area. The image, from the earlier article, of Tom Birmingham, Jack Connors and J. Donald Monan, sitting down together in an office in downtown Boston and cutting the deal that kept the Pats in Massachusetts, brought a tear to my eyes.

Rest in Peace, Father Monan

Rev. J. Donald Monan, who guided Boston College into modern era, dies at 92 - The Boston Globe

5a5739be8cb391fa5a9a7ded479de312.jpg

Too bad Fr Mohan can't send some of his good to the current state of BC "revenue producing" sports - football & hoops.... They've been ****e for a long time in both....and no, going 6-5, 2-5 in the ACC, and winning the blue bonnet bowl is not a successful season...
Football season is even more fun here when BC is good

Sadly I had thought he passed away years earlier. How time flies, I was an undergrad when he retired and Fr. Lahey succeeded him. RIP. They were going to name a building after him ages ago, but never did, because colleges joined pro sports in starting the "naming rights" era in the 1990s. Too bad, but his legacy lives on, he almost single-handedly saved the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back