PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RIP Demaryius Thomas

Too soon is an understatement. 33 years old is way to early. This guy didn’t really have the chance to even find a life after football.

Just sad, especially for children and young adults. Gets me down everytime i hear about it.

RIP, DT.

LaTonya Bonseigneur, a first cousin who grew up with Thomas and was so close they considered themselves siblings, told The Associated Press the family believes he died from a seizure.

Family members were notified by the Roswell police at about 9 p.m. EST that they had found Thomas in a shower at his home.

“He had been suffering from seizures for over a year, and we believe he had a seizure when he was showering,” Bonseigneur said early Friday. “We’re not sure when he died. We just spoke with him yesterday.”

She added, “He was alone and a friend couldn’t get hold of him, so he called his driver, who has a key because of these seizures, and he went into his home and found him in the shower.”

IIRC, Brady really wanted him here but in training camp he had nagging hamstring problems and was traded to the Jete. I remember Brady gifting him some headphones before the Pats-Jets game in Jersey.

IIRC, Brady really wanted him here but in training camp he had nagging hamstring problems and was traded to the Jete. I remember Brady gifting him some headphones before the Pats-Jets game in Jersey.

I think he got squeezed out because we got Gordon back, had just drafted N'Keal, and Meyers was flashing in training camp.

It's a shame though, he clearly wasn't happy at being traded from a team with Belichick and Brady to the freaking Jets and I can see why.

I remember at that point the D looked great, we signed Antonio Brown, Thomas was there, it felt like undefeated wasn't crazy.

Guy seemed like a class act. RIP

This is sad. Only 33 feels like he was in the league forever.

Never shoulDve cut him though.

So sad, RIP. You've got to wonder if the seizures were caused by a long football career.

So sad, RIP. You've got to wonder if the seizures were caused by a long football career.
I was thinking the same thing or maybe he some underlying condition, sad to lose someone so young.

So sad...so young...for sure a great playier i remember so well when he was in Denver...
Riposa in pace...

Horrible horrible! RIP
Way too young!

He's only 33... and it's not like we often we hear about former NFL players having problems with seizures after their careers end.

He had a really bad car accident in 2019. Apparently he moved back to Georgia because he had seizures that were getting more frequent and he didn't want to be alone.

In his prime (with Denver) he was outstanding WR... When he signed with Patriots, kinda knew he was done...

Was he an especially gregarious person? Seems like his death is getting a lot more attention than other nfl player passings

I hope it was sudden death from epilepsy and not an injury during the seizure itself. Rip.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back