PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ricky Sapp blogs on private workout with the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Define SOLB? Mike Vrabel was 6'4" (or less when you factor in how NE's published rosters round up) 260.

Sapp is already in that ballpark, he just hasn't learned to sink his hips and lock his arms out - the same thing Mayo and Guyton have been learning. Sapp was asked to pin his ears back and run the edge, so he's got a lot to learn, but he's demonstrated the athleticism and work habits to get it done.

Koa Misi, bulked back up to 260, can come in and play either OLB, and in time ILB. I watched my DVR'd Poinsettia Bowl the other night and saw Misi jack LT Mike Tepper backwards, Tepper will play on Sundays, at least as a reserve. Eric Norwood, bulked back up to 260, can do the same - Misi and Norwood are mid-2 to 3rd round kids. Daniel Te'o-Nesheim is another one.

UDFA projections Barry Turner and Frank Zombo are a couple strong kids whom I'd love to see in camp, I think either could develop behind Burgess and Banta-Cain and be good OLBs. Turner I've seen drop in coverage, Zombo is a converted high school TE who was worked as a TE at his Pro-Day in addition to DE/OLB. Alex Daniels is a late round projection who has played LB, RB, 4-3 DE, and 3-4 DE - NE worked him out on campus.

You've expressed an interest in drafting Dunlap and Hardy earlier, both of whom have flashed incredible talent, but both come with caution flags. I've taken them off my board because their questions are serious enough, but not within my ability to answer with the information available to fans - like Meriweather, BB will have better answers and can make that call.

If NE wants to draft a kid like Sapp or Hughes who will go earlier, kids who don't have the caution flags, just gaps in their strength/technique, then I'd like to see them also take a mid-round and a late round/UDFA project. Spread the risk out, while increasing the competition.

I love Eric Norwood, never bother to mention him as he doesn't come close to our measurables. (6' 1") He had 43 Tackles for Loss, career South Carolina record, 22 career sacks, great competitor. Already has earned his degree, great character off the field. Sounds like a Patriot.
Daniel Te'o-Nesheim: looks like a slightly bigger Tedy Bruschi, his football play and physically looks like him. A football playa! I'd love to have either of these guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back