PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ricky Manning Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes more experienced than Hobbs and Blue, he was the started in SB against us...hes a good player. just the competition in Carolina is a lot more than we imagine.

What's he cost? Are we talking 1-2 year contract for starters (no pun intended)?

I could see doing that for depth and nickel purposes, especially since Troy is getting a little winded. Also, we'd want to keep at least some of those draft picks for other purposes.

Thing is, most DBs cost too much to play with for depth and fill-in purposes. Maybe since he's marginal in Carolina to begin with, not Manning. But I'd rather spend a little on a Brad Kassel type (pending reasons not to of course,) at LB, and use some draft choices to address most of the DB vacancies.

Better yet, when Moulds comes to town, nod sagely when he talks about his 5 mill/year demands, then say,

"tell me this, if we stick you in the nickel, do you think you could draw blood and be a difference maker from a coverage point of view? No? Christ, we get Troy for league minimum and he can do that..."

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back