PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Revis was worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revis is done. Didn't you see that reception he gave up by the goal line? /Jets fans

Revis is all I expected him to be. We need to be considering how to resign him!

Beast when they let him out of his cage. Please purchase land for a revis island in New England

They're using him properly now and he's showing why he's still the best CB in the league. They need to lock him up. I think he wants to stay here and I'm damn sure Bill wants him here.

Revis is done. Didn't you see that reception he gave up by the goal line? /Jets fans
Too true. I also noticed the great tackle to stop Watkins from getting to the end zone. How many times have we seen a DB miss a tackle like that? Revis showed good strength there.

Too true. I also noticed the great tackle to stop Watkins from getting to the end zone. How many times have we seen a DB miss a tackle like that? Revis showed good strength there.

Exactly my thought at the time, for me it was a spectacular play, maybe his best in the game. Ok they ended up getting the TD but that would be Watkins TD in the last 5 years or so doesn't matter who is the DB. We could have stop them and leaving only 3 in the scoreboard, that kind of thing makes a difference.

Not exactly a surprise since this has always been a strength of his, but not enough is being made of how good a tackler Revis is. Between him, Chung, and McCourty, we have some really strong tacklers in the secondary, and it shows up in the run defense.

Not exactly a surprise since this has always been a strength of his, but not enough is being made of how good a tackler Revis is. Between him, Chung, and McCourty, we have some really strong tacklers in the secondary, and it shows up in the run defense.
Funny how most people only focused on the fact that Watkins made the long catch, but fewer people are talking about the ridiculous tackle he made to keep Watkins out of the end zone.

Man would it be sweet to one day induct Revis into the Patriots hall of fame. Revenge for stealing Curtis Martin. Revis is a smart guy and you'd have to think he loves playing with an intelligent organization vs playing for garbage franchises like the Jets and the Bucs. Even if he had to take a little less perhaps.

Revis is wicked awesome

Beast when they let him out of his cage. Please purchase land for a revis island in New England
Good analogy, as it does seem like NE just unleashes him and says, "Go get him."

Man would it be sweet to one day induct Revis into the Patriots hall of fame. Revenge for stealing Curtis Martin. Revis is a smart guy and you'd have to think he loves playing with an intelligent organization vs playing for garbage franchises like the Jets and the Bucs. Even if he had to take a little less perhaps.
That would be awesome! I'm still hurt over Martin. But, sadly, Revis would not take "less perhaps" to stay with an intelligent organization. That matters less to him. He has always gotten what he feels is fair market value and his play on the field this season is making again painting that picture. He will be able to dictate to any of 32 teams what his terms are and likely get it. NE will set a price and won't pay a penny above even if Revis makes his side of the field disappear ever week, which is kinda what he is doing. That's just how NE rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes