REVIS!!!! Ridley!!!! Wright!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

woolster22

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Finally, he gets to play some press man, follow the #1 around. Holy ****! He looked like the sixteen(? Maybe Miguel could correct :p ) million dollar CB he is tonight. The holding/PI in the first was a joke, should have been a pick. Then he forces the fumble later in the game. Completely shut one of the premier (and we'll be seeing a few of these types over the next month or two) WR's in the game down. Outside of the Ryan touchdown, what did Green even do?
After two weeks of begging for Ridley to get the premier back touches he deserves, our prayers are answered. They come out with a 2wr/gronk/develin/Ridley set and simply go with it. Finally (think I was begging for this on one thread or another)! They kept Ridley in for the majority of snaps it seemed, and it paid off. I think I heard over a hundred yards rushing for the team before the half?! Thank you McDumbass(he hasn't lost my nickname for him quite yet).

That said, offensively, they tried getting away from what was working on the third drive. Specifically the out to Edelman (I believe) that should have been picked off. Spread nonsense against a good pass defense (good shotgun/spread defense, as we proved) in the late first half sputtered the offense. Hence a couple field goals.

Then there is the inclusion of one TE named Wright. About time. Hitting him early helped open things up for Gronk in the two te sets. He played very well. While he doesn't seem as shifty as AH (sorry, have to reference, same mold of player), he certainly can play the role well enough to open up the outside for our WR's, and could possibly flash outside. Keep this kid involved McDummy.

Speaking of which, Dobson had a great block on the late huge gain by Ridley...c'mon Dobson, get involved in the offense...fix the "football issues."

Gronk?! Looking pretty Damn impressive tonight. Let's keep that going.

F&$K Boger and his lame ass crew. Even my wife was complaining about the flags, once explained (the Dennard drive), even she was asking about five yard bump, let alone Collinsworth laughing at the calls on the replay, especially the first one.

Finally, one huge standing "O" for the "O"line! They played great today. A couple ugly plays in the run game but the other guys get paid too. Stork is the future at center. He needs to get stronger/quicker out of the snap, but shows plenty of strength to limit push once established. Unfortunately, quickness generally can't be taught unless there's a technique issue (Dante....). Everyone else played well from what I remember (didn't watch the second half much, infant in the process of being put back to bed). The one sack was on Gronk IIRC.

All in all, well played, and much needed after last week's bed wetting.
P.S. great game by Collins (outside of the punt), and the Jest still suck.

P.P.S.
The Edelman and Brady spike argument sure was foreboding for the Cinci sideline...loved the scramble and sneak. Brady was fired up and it was contagious.

Last edited:
Speaking of which, Dobson had a great block on the late huge gain by Ridley...c'mon Dobson, get into the offense.
He actually blocked 2 guys on the play the first guy was an average block but gave Ridley an advantage and he locked up the second guy.

He actually blocked 2 guys on the play the first guy was an average block but gave Ridley an advantage and he locked up the second guy.
All the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes