PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reports: Browns reached out last night about Garoppolo, were told no. Will make another offer today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score

The coaches seem to love Jimmy

On the other hand....

Last edited:
I wonder how far it got? This is just for inquiring minds. Was it, "We'll give you #12 and #53 for Jimmy. "Not interested, need more." or was it, "We love Jimmy, we have a large offer we can make for you, any interest?" "Not interested." Subtle difference, but one says that the Pats would trade him for a huge bounty, while the other says they're not trading him period.

Well, this is a very misleading post. Did they say they don't even want to hear the offer or that the offer wasn't nearly enough? Schefter has had his butt hurt about people doubting his original story that I kinda question his objectivity in reporting this. That is Schefter's weakness. He cannot handle when people doubt his stories.

One other thing, now that Garoppolo isn't getting traded, the "We can't give up the back up QB this year even for three first rounders because the Pats are all in" brigade are going to declare victory.

Unfortunately, we may never know why Garoppolo wasn't traded to the Browns or anyone else. The only way we will know for sure is if he is the Patriots' starting QB in 2018.

JAG had frickin' better be the next Steve Young/Aaron Rodgers.
No worries, he will be....for some other team.

Edit: you're all a bunch of idiots that click on "disagree" without so much as an explanation. This is what may happen if he leaves NE if he doesn't get franchised. Deal with it since it's a real possibility. What, he can't go to another team and be great?

Last edited:
Imagine if these stuanch refusals generated a huge demand for a franchised Jimmy next year?! That would be frickin hilarious.

Probably the 1 + 2 offer Loyko was talking about.

What if they don't like this draft and saw what the Vikings gave up for Bradford and see the opportunity to:

1) Have a great backup on the roster for 5 weeks
2) Trade him midseason for more than they would get during the offseason if some team panics after an injury.
3) Liked the value in next year's draft more than this year's.

Either that or they're seriously going to keep him, which is probably more likely but I wonder...

Imagine if these stuanch refusals generated a huge demand for a franchised Jimmy next year?! That would be frickin hilarious.

Probably not. Next year's QB draft class is supposed to be very good. And if Garoppolo rides the pine all season or has to play and plays poorly, teams may lose interest in him. He will never be worth more than he is now unless Brady goes down for a long period of time and Garoppolo plays spectacularly. But then, the Pats wouldn't trade him anyway.

Pats apparently value Jimmy more than draft picks right now.

I don't watch him in practice every week like the coaches do.

So if they love him, they are basing it on personal knowledge.

A bird in hand is better than two in the bush.

Cleveland will either draft or trade for a QB tonight.

They have a boatload of picks so anything is possible. It'll be fun to watch.

Kizor or Peterman are still available and I wouldn't rule out a K. Cousins or JG trade.

Well, this is a very misleading post. Did they say they don't even want to hear the offer or that the offer wasn't nearly enough? Schefter has had his butt hurt about people doubting his original story that I kinda question his objectivity in reporting this. That is Schefter's weakness. He cannot handle when people doubt his stories.

Yea when someone questions his scoops he takes is as a personal insult. So strange

What if they don't like this draft and saw what the Vikings gave up for Bradford and see the opportunity to:

2) Trade him midseason for more than they would get during the offseason if some team panics after an injury.

Either that or they're seriously going to keep him, which is probably more likely but I wonder...

Or BB thought one year of JG as backup + option to resign him in 2018(if Brady is hurt/declines/retires) is greater than the value of 4 years of a Malcolm Brown + Cyrus Jones(Pats most recent 1st and 2nd round picks).

Others have said it before, but it could also have something to do with BB just not being fully sure of Brissett as the backup QB, and he wants to get a look at him in camp before he is comfortable moving Jimmy. Perhaps Bill felt that he would rather keep Jimmy around a little while longer just in case Brissett is not up-to-snuff and not be caught with his pants down if he moved Jimmy too soon. If Brissett is deemed to be good enough, Jimmy can still be traded to Cleveland, albeit for probably a little less of a "haul" and for picks next year vs. this year. But, this team is stacked already, so most of those picks would've probably been with next year in mind, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back