PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reportedly, it's hard to repeat as SB Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070520/COLUMNISTS01/705200420/-1/LOCAL17
Now comes the hard part for this franchise. You thought leapfrogging New England and finally winning a Super Bowl was a monumental feat? Now it gets even bigger and tougher. There have been 41 Super Bowl champions. Only eight have repeated. It's been even more difficult in the salary cap era, with two teams repeating in 13 years.
For true enlightenment on the subject, go to the bottom of the page and click through to the Indy fans comments on the piece. :rolleyes:

Are you for real? It's hard to repeat?

Damn.. I should have asked '05 Pitt, '02 Tampa Bay, '00 Ravens, '99 Rams, '96 GB.. yeah.. you get it.

Last edited:
It's hard to win a Super Bowl and, yes, it's hard to repeat. But historically speaking, you're better off being the defending champion than being any other randomly selected team.

Last edited:
It's hard to win a Super Bowl and, yes, it's hard to repeat. But historically speaking, you're better off being the defending champion than being any other randomly selected team.

yes, let's just say it's a GREAT problem to have

I mean, after all, should we NOT root for the Patriots to win it this year because it will be tough to repeat in '08?

yes, let's just say it's a GREAT problem to have

I mean, after all, should we NOT root for the Patriots to win it this year because it will be tough to repeat in '08?

And if we win in '07 and '08, I'd be very worried about '09.

Who would have thunk.

Are you for real? It's hard to repeat?

Damn.. I should have asked '05 Pitt, '02 Tampa Bay, '00 Ravens, '99 Rams, '96 GB.. yeah.. you get it.

How bout the 01 Patriots? Can't forget your own...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand