PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Patriots fired up over what they've seen from Jamie Collins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defense is shaping up..........

i think our defense will be much improved over last year...and they were pretty good last year

They have the potential to be the best LB group in the AFC just two years after having bottom end talent. If Bentley can handle MLB & Van Noy, Hightower & Collins can be moved around as chess pieces whew boy.

They have the potential to be the best LB group in the AFC just two years after having bottom end talent. If Bentley can handle MLB & Van Noy, Hightower & Collins can be moved around as chess pieces whew boy.

And given that only two of those guys will play most of the time, that's deep depth.

I'm not surprised. The guy is still very much in his prime and is exceptionally talented. If he buys in he can be a huge asset. I loved bringing him back when it happened and think it will pay off big time.

I'm gonna wait till I see it there's a reason he was traded & the browns bailed on him. But I do hope he brings the Ruckus!!!

I'm gonna wait till I see it there's a reason he was traded & the browns bailed on him. But I do hope he brings the Ruckus!!!

I know what he's doing and it works for both sides he took a one year prove it deal with "New England" you know the stigma we carry and he is gonna go off this season to get one last big payday in 2020.

Think about how everybody has been getting over paid. It takes two to tango. Collins wants to use us as a platform to showcase his skills to get another big payday so he will give it his all as its been reported that we are fired up about his performance and we need him to give it his all so just like in the past with other vets coming here to get a ring/get paid afterward it's a perfect handshake.

Hope it works out

Collins has a tremendous opportunity to excel in this defense. His versatility and athletic ability should put him in position to have a great year and Make tons of plays.

If his head is right, he will dominate.

Agreed on waiting to see how he plays before making any definitive opinions about him.
Disagree on using the opinion of the Browns of all franchises as any sort of indicator one way or another.

Last edited:
Double post. Whoops.

Belichick shipped his best linebacker out because he got too expensive and made a stink, the biggest doormat in the NFL overpays and makes him the highest paid ILB in the league.

New GM enter's dumpster fire, thinks Collins is too expensive despite leading the Browns in LB snaps, total tackles, solo tackles, tackles for a loss, tied for 1st in LB sacks, and one INT on 4 passes defended.

Belichick takes him back at a discount, and the kid accepts because the kid wants one more monster contract.

What's not to like?

In 2014, or whenever he has been on the field and happily paid, he was arguably our best defender. He's one of the most athletic linebackers in the NFL.

Hightower, Collins, Van Noy, Bentley, Roberts, Rivers, Winovich, Sam, Calhoun... health provided we have a lot of good linebackers.

Lets hope he can mentally keep it together this time and not go off script when facing teams where his role is limited because you need more stout run defenders (e.g. Elandon Roberts).

If he still does his job and focuses on this year despite trying to get one more big payday next offseason then the entire thing could be a huge success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down