PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Report: Dante Scarnecchia to Retire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante and I are contemporaries, and have always marveled at his work ethic.. while most of us retired folks make decisions like is today a good golf day or should I read that book.. he has done an exemplary job here.

What complicates all of this is Joe Judge leaving along with him, both pretty big holes to fill. Will they go with the traditional meritocracy or will they go outside.. stay tuned.

Not sure of the endgame for BB. That his sons legitimacy is firmly established in the NFL?? To get 56 more wins and hold that record?? To show he can win without #12?? Get ring #9?? Not sure what motivates him as this stage of the game, but if and when he does leave will have a replacement plan in place.

BB drafting claims another casualty.

OsHea saw the writing on the wall with the dumpster fire at WR. Scarnechia cant work 16 hours a day trying to make shinola out of 5hit anymore.

Well, as long as we don't replace him with a former radio show host who resembles Chris Farley, we'll be okay.

Sad to see him go but he's more than earned his retirement. Via con dios, Dante!

Googs is available. We'll be fine. He did a great job in 2015.

Great coach, great career. Enjoy a well earned retirement. Will be missed for sure.

Wynn is a bust.

Cajuste and Frohbolt did not last training camp.

Best OL coach ever. The next guy has huge shoes to fill - I wish them both the very best.

I'm not a huge stays guy but an outlier is an outlier.

Edit: From your link.

View attachment 25978
Idk what your trying to say/mean but sure he's an outlier of sorts. Def not many Scars around. I've been lucky enough to see a few of his clinics/teaching seminars online and it's easy to see why he's so good. Very direct, exact & paints a clear picture for guys to follow.

Idk what your trying to say/mean but sure he's an outlier of sorts. Def not many Scars around. I've been lucky enough to see a few of his clinics/teaching seminars online and it's easy to see why he's so good. Very direct, exact & paints a clear picture for guys to follow.

Bruschi posted a story on his facebook page about when Scar was the Asst. LB Coach. He took Bruschi aside after Bruschi got walloped on STs by Larry Whigham and showed him what he was doing wrong with a couple rolls of athletic tape. Bruschi stated that the little one on one time was what made everything click for him..

Bruschi posted a story on his facebook page about when Scar was the Asst. LB Coach. He took Bruschi aside after Bruschi got walloped on STs by Larry Whigham and showed him what he was doing wrong with a couple rolls of athletic tape. Bruschi stated that the little one on one time was what made everything click for him..
Yea he seems like a very direct guy that can use & pull from many experiences/examples but just communicate it so easily many different types of people can understand it. Media loved him bc he's such a straight shooter. Huge loss & the Tedy story kinda magnifies that. Not just the OL that will feel it. TE, DL, I'm sure he was a go-to guy for many players and coaches.

Outlier, to me, means a significant statistical difference. According to your article Scar measured more than twice as good as the second ranked OLC. 223 - 100.

I meant it in a good way if that's what you were asking.

What a helluva run Scar has had

From

kjraseumexxdbp95ikxk.jpg

To

lsawj5anq9jjzs9i2jh8.jpg

And everything in between.

And we aren't the only ones who should be showing Scar some love cause from...

DamienWoodyPATRIOTS8x10onsite.jpg

to

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F1065567260%2F960x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

Scar got some guys SERIOUSLY P-A-I-D...
...even if it was somewhere else

Last edited:
Does it mean that Brady is not coming back?

What a helluva run Scar has had

From

kjraseumexxdbp95ikxk.jpg

To

lsawj5anq9jjzs9i2jh8.jpg

And everything in between.
Scar was ST coach in '85 taking us to the Super Bowl with a mediocre QB when Grogan broke his leg.

Scar is the only coach to have served under all four principal owners of the Patriots.

Knew this was inevitable, nobody lives forever; however I am jumping off the Tobin bridge anyway. I mean I meant to after the Sox went down 3-0 in '04, just never got around to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back