PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Remaining FAs (Sign the Beast LXVII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really hoping La'el Collins signs with us, presuming he looks like he will clear his charges.

Hopefully, but he will have his pick of teams. We have 1 chance in 32, maybe better with the Pats' reputation for success, but he may just be looking to get paid or play closer to home.

To boil it down, if he signs with the Pats it would be found money but I don't think our chances are good.

Is he a tackle or is he projected to guard?

Last edited:
Worth noting the Pats have about 11M left in cap space. After signing rookies and setting some aside for emergency that is about 6M to play with.

I would be willing to use it anywhere really. CB be best but if no one is there then what can you do?

The Pats have 12 projected Draft Picks for 2016 (Picks for Round 1-7, 4 compensatory (1x 3.Rnd 3x 6.Rnd) and a 7.Rnd for Mallet). They have loaded the Front 7 with young players in this years draft. So why not trade one of the picks for a #1 Corner like Jason McCourty.

Additionally they are certainly going to sing some May12-cut veterans and FA.

I'm personally interested in who gets cut to sign the May 12th FAs, since the team is already at 90.

I just don't see Collins (provided he's as innocent as he claims) signing with the Pats. He'll want to make his money as soon as possible and this means a starting position. He would be a back-up (behind Solder and Vollmer) his first season with the possibility of starting in the second (provided the Pats let Solder go). Better playing opportunities out there and he doesn't have any NE ties to help sway him.

I just don't see Collins (provided he's as innocent as he claims) signing with the Pats. He'll want to make his money as soon as possible and this means a starting position. He would be a back-up (behind Solder and Vollmer) his first season with the possibility of starting in the second (provided the Pats let Solder go). Better playing opportunities out there and he doesn't have any NE ties to help sway him.

Pretty sure he'd be moved inside to LG

where is wes gonna end up if anywhere?

Hopefully, but he will have his pick of teams. We have 1 chance in 32, maybe better with the Pats' reputation for success, but he may just be looking to get paid or play closer to home.

To boil it down, if he signs with the Pats it would be found money but I don't think our chances are good.

Is he a tackle or is he projected to guard?

He can want to get paid all he wants, but the most he is getting is an 80k signing bonus, and that is only if a team signs JUST him as an UDFA.

Collins best option to "get paid" right now is to play a couple of years in the CFL, assuming hes cleared of these murders and canada lets him in.

I can only imagine the breadth of football insight he could impart on Edelman, LaFell and Dobson. IMO it would be well worth a cheap veteran deal for a year and carving out a spot for him even if only for him to mentor.
We all know how this team is built. If you cannot play special teams you have an uphill climb in making the game day roster. If you do not play special teams, you better have serious game to make the game day roster.

At this point in his career, Wayne meets neither one of those criteria.

We all know how this team is built. If you cannot play special teams you have an uphill climb in making the game day roster. If you do not play special teams, you better have serious game to make the game day roster.

At this point in his career, Wayne meets neither one of those criteria.
That's likely to be the case, I don't think Wayne will end up here either. Just a nice thought.

I wouldn't mind having Reggie Wayne on a 1 year deal.

If for nothing else, to give Colts fans the pleasant image of Wayne wearing red, white and blue.

That's likely to be the case, I don't think Wayne will end up here either. Just a nice thought.

It is. I do think Wayne still has gas in the tank and absolutely has value. He was dealing with a triceps issue 1/2 the year and later a hamstring injury which made him useless and basically a decoy. In 2010, BB signed Torry Holt so he's brought in veteran WRs before. With that said, in 2010 the WR situation beyond WW was dire. Not the case in 2015, IMO.

Hope we bring dane fletcher back

JAke Long as LG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case