PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's New Mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep hoping.
The stump has been a disaster from Day One.

What? Jackson has been a disaster since day 1? Really? Were you there when he went to Gillette after the draft? Did his take a dump in Kraft's parking space or something?

I wish people would actually look at the entire situation with Jackson and not make comments that just don't apply. But I guess if people did that, they'd have nothing to complain about.

Maybe you should look at my post history,Before this I started a Pacman thread.And I had said he probably just was having a bad day.I say to you reread all my posts or you could just ignore me.Your choice.

Maybe you should look at my post history,Before this I started a Pacman thread.And I had said he probably just was having a bad day.I say to you reread all my posts or you could just ignore me.Your choice.

Kris -
Your choice of wording in your original post was bad. You said that Reiss was extremely rude and hateful to you and your kids. That IS airing dirty laundry. You're not extrapolating on it makes it look more like sour grapes on your part. Particularly with the claims that you weren't trying to start anything.

Go and re-read your own original post. You started off saying, " I see Reiss gets a lot of love here," implying that you don't understand why and then you hint that you had a bad experience.

Instead of beating around the bush, email Reiss and see what it was all about. He's human. You could have caught him at the wrong time. Heck, YOU and your kids could have done something wrong to upset him for all we know.

Sorry, but your initial post is nothing but inflammatory. Whether you meant it to be or not, that is what it is. So, to make it right, you should post what happened (without your emotions involved) so that you can get the outside opinion you are so clearly looking for. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you are treated poorly because of how you initiated your posting in this thread.

There's a very jealous semi-journalist in the area who has used multiple user names to bash Reiss and promote himself and his draft publication in the past.

It probably has nothing to do with you and that's what i was referring to. Other than that, it's the dead of the dead season and anything will get magnified.

Shouldn't be that hard. Living here in Cowboy land, its amazing how over-rated the team is at times...

I am looking forward to the Pats going up against the Cowboys and the Boys getting beaten. I will wear my Pats jersey and at with PRIDE.

try living in redskins land. they are so freaking bi-polar; either the team is going to win the superbowl or they are the sorriest excuse for a franchise ever. it sometimes changes week-to-week.

oh, and they think the entire world should be watching for redskins-cowboys. When your teams haven't been good at the same time for the last 20+ years, the rivalry is not alive and well from a national viewpoint (kind of like sox-yanks until recently).

Kris -
Your choice of wording in your original post was bad. You said that Reiss was extremely rude and hateful to you and your kids. That IS airing dirty laundry. You're not extrapolating on it makes it look more like sour grapes on your part. Particularly with the claims that you weren't trying to start anything.

Go and re-read your own original post. You started off saying, " I see Reiss gets a lot of love here," implying that you don't understand why and then you hint that you had a bad experience.

Instead of beating around the bush, email Reiss and see what it was all about. He's human. You could have caught him at the wrong time. Heck, YOU and your kids could have done something wrong to upset him for all we know.

Sorry, but your initial post is nothing but inflammatory. Whether you meant it to be or not, that is what it is. So, to make it right, you should post what happened (without your emotions involved) so that you can get the outside opinion you are so clearly looking for. Otherwise, don't be surprised if you are treated poorly because of how you initiated your posting in this thread.
See once again I think you read my first post and none of the subsequent ones.I said myself he was probably having a bad day and that I should not have brought it up.I know Reiss gets much love and that is why I thought it weird what happened and wondered if it was isolated.I am a fan of Reiss's blog and check it several times a day,as I do tomase and breers.

See once again I think you read my first post and none of the subsequent ones.I said myself he was probably having a bad day and that I should not have brought it up.I know Reiss gets much love and that is why I thought it weird what happened and wondered if it was isolated.I am a fan of Reiss's blog and check it several times a day,as I do tomase and breers.

Kris -
I read all of your posts and found you attempting to backtrack and cover up for your initial post.

Just because you said that he was having a bad day later on, it doesn't excuse the fact that you opened yourself up to comments initially. In fact, many people do NOT read through entire threads to see if a person made follow-up comments. And, instead of just throwing the situation out there for others to weigh in on, you acted like a little child with the "I've got a secret, but can't tell you" attitude.

Maybe you should re-read your own posts and stop accusing others of not having read them when they have.

I stand by what I said in the original post.But I regret having posted it.If you want celebrity gossip read the Enquirer.If you want to know what happened send me an IM you will see I am justified in being upset but that it also was no big deal.

Also there are no hard feelings for Reiss from me.

Kris -
I read all of your posts and found you attempting to backtrack and cover up for your initial post.

Just because you said that he was having a bad day later on, it doesn't excuse the fact that you opened yourself up to comments initially. In fact, many people do NOT read through entire threads to see if a person made follow-up comments. And, instead of just throwing the situation out there for others to weigh in on, you acted like a little child with the "I've got a secret, but can't tell you" attitude.

Maybe you should re-read your own posts and stop accusing others of not having read them when they have.

the reason it is a big deal is because you are making it one. Can we accept the mantra of our fearless leader... "it is what it is" and shut up?

No harm meant, no harm done.

No harm meant, no harm done.

Well, I disagree that "no harm was meant". But that's besides the point. It's unfair to do the whole "oh, I know what this guy is really like, I had this experience, but I can't tell you about it" because one's imagination is always going to be worse than reality. And if you throw in words like "hateful", then one's imagination has Reiss doing something pretty drastic.

Last edited:
the reason it is a big deal is because you are making it one. Can we accept the mantra of our fearless leader... "it is what it is" and shut up?

Its a big deal because KrisKanos came on here with an attitude and made disparraging comments about Mike Reiss and then refused to elaborate further. Not because anyone else is making it one.

As for shutting up, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to post your comments here.

Last edited:
Well, I disagree that "no harm was meant". But that's besides the point. It's unfair to do the whole "oh, I know what this guy is really like, I had this experience, but I can't tell you about it" because one's imagination is always going to be worse than reality. And if you throw in words like "hateful", then one's imagination has Reiss doing something pretty drastic.
We get it, it's all been said, and the poster does not want to add anything else. So take it with a grain of salt or a boulder, but it looks like we've reached the end of the road on this topic.

Anybody that wants to know what happened can IM me,I just dont think I should splash it all over the forum,And Bruinz to say I came here with an attitude is way off base.

Its a big deal because KrisKanos came on here with an attitude and made disparraging comments about Mike Reiss and then refused to elaborate further. Not because anyone else is making it one.

As for shutting up, no one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to post your comments here.

You are the little kid in the classroom who didn't overhear the secret saying, "tell me! tell me! tell me! ..."

Heh, did anybody read Mike Reiss' mailbag? (Besides our resident Chad "PWP" Jackson fan ;) )

All Patsfans.com bonding fun aside: Richardson and Gutierrez made positive first impressions. It would be nice to read about the rest of the youngsters before Training Camp.

EDIT: Kiskanos, howdy neighbor, let me add my two cents about the space between sentences. Aging gracelessly as I am "fun with bifocals" is part of my exercise routine as I try to bring posts into focus. I'm assuming you came here to talk Pats and exchange your thoughts (as a fellow practitioner of "I shouldn't have said that" I'm putting this thread in the live and learn column), anywho, defective folks like myself can better read what you write if there are spaces between sentences - those nasty little letters like to run all together on me if given a chance. Please, those extra pokes at the space bar on your keyboard will make it a lot easier to read your views on our Pats. Thanks and Welcome Aboard!

Last edited:
Drama everywhere....but who else of the rooks showed promise??? I really wonder which if any of the offensive linemen were OK....Qs before TC..

Like manna in the desert...

Mike is growing. He's becoming more adept at adding some insight and opionion, but what I really appreciate is it remains extremely thoughtful and measured. He's not a knee jerk what I think I think (or know) mediot.
Fortunately he did not attend the Ron Borges "Criticize the team at every single opportunity because then people will discuss your articles" school of training. He gives intelligent insights, and that's why you can respect his opinion.

If he is giving a compliment to the team or some criticism, you know there's no agenda there.

I apologize for bringing the incident up,I was just curious as to maybe others had experienced what I had with him.I was just looking for feedback and not trying to air his dirty laundry.
You sound like Ron Borges when asked why he hates Bill Belichick so much... his response - I swear I am not making this up and I am doing my best to remember what he said from memory - "I can't tell you what he did to make me dislike him so much but if I told you, then you'd dislike him too."

In otherwords, it was a gutless cop out on his part... not unlike what you have written...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes