PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss stuff on Ghost (+ other nuggets)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under this proposed rule the kickers will be practicing the exact play that would have precipitated an enormous discussion in the last Superbowl. After Edelmen caught a Fair catch at the 35 yard line with 3 seconds left, under an somewhat obscure rule, Belichick could have attempted a Free Kick.

Under Free Kick rules no one can rush the kicker and he can try a low trajectory kick unimpeded by any blockers. Ghost could have tried a kick through the uprights as a Free Kick Field Goal from 75 yards away. Had it been successful the Pats would have won in regulation.

This would have engendered a controversy at least equal to the infamous Tuck Rule play.

It would have been FRIGGIN' AWESOME!! I will go to my grave wishing Belichick had attempted it.

I'm going to consider Jones as if he were a UDFA, just hoping to avoid getting cut, and having few, to no, chances for screw ups. He was so bad last year that BB's got to be looking at him somewhat close to that. He's got to know that this team can't afford (numbers wise) an Aaron Dobson 2.0 situation this year.
A little bit harsh don't you think? How many 2nd rders has BB cut during their 2nd TC? I don't have big expectations for Cyrus but I'll give him at least another TC before writing him off. I mean some guys take time to develop.

Id prefer to hear news about Cyrus training his mind. This “hard on myself“ attitude can be such a boomerang. Of course mental training is much more difficult to do ..

On the flipside, I enjoyed the honesty from Jones. He seems to have reacted by working harder, not by giving up, so that really is all we can ask for anyway. He has talent and could still turn into an important part of our secondary.

How many of us have millions analysing our work performance? I've had days I wanted to give up at my job, and times I've caused fairly major disruption for my company (tinkering in live servers can have really negative consequences, even if you immediately correct the issue), but I've gotten through it by just continuing to put forth my best effort. I'm considered a good teammate, a valuable contributor, and skilled at what I do -- no one else besides me even remembers the flubs of the early days. Like Jones, I tend toward self-deprecation, but it doesn't mean that I've been unable to move past the problems.

Proposed kickoff rule sucks hard
Current PAT rule sucks harder

Now we can all get along.
I obviously disagree. I feel the current PAT adds something good to the game. I actually watch them now, where I would go do something before. It was an automatic, and hence somewhat meaningless, part of the game before. Gost made almost 600 straight before missing. Now, it's not so automatic.

I think of the SEA v AZ prime time game that went deep into overtime precisely because neither kicker was able to make them late in the game. It was a well played close game that, for me, was extremely fun to watch.

But alas, to each his or her own. I like it. Some don't. And of course we can get along so long as you don't make disagreeing with me a habit. :mad:

:D Last line is a joke.

Watch, Belichick will sign Manute Bol to swat kickoffs before they clear the crossbar.
And then the league will institute a certain height limit or where you can line up an extremely tall player.

Gostkowski is extremely handsome and seems unusually sane for a kicker. I see no reason to change. Then again, I had no idea our flex TE was a serial killer.

Gostkowski is extremely handsome and seems unusually sane for a kicker. I see no reason to change. Then again, I had no idea our flex TE was a serial killer.
And our main TE is a cereal killer. :D

I am all in favor of competition. Maybe competition you snap him out of his funk which has existed since the Denver playoff game.

I like this rule. doesn't mean much, but I'd cheer for a booming ultra field goal.

Do I have to be the one that breaks the news that Manute Bol died seven years ago?

Watch, Belichick will sign Manute Bol to swat kickoffs before they clear the crossbar.
It would be a horrible signing as Bol passed away a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes