PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox 2018 Season

Red Sox cant seem to beat the top teams consistently. Another loss to Houston

Pedroia on the DL with knee soreness. I personally think he is done playing any meaningful baseball

Pedroia on the DL with knee soreness. I personally think he is done playing any meaningful baseball
his career is over. and he still has three years left on his contract. add that to the dead money owed to casteo Ramirez panda Craig. what a mess.

Red Sox cant seem to beat the top teams consistently. Another loss to Houston
And since then they won two games, evening the series at 2-2. A split on the road against a team as dominant as Houston isn't a bad thing.

They're 3-3 against NYY, 2-2 against Houston, and 3-0 against LAA, playing 10 of those 13 games on the road. Thats the best, 4th best and 5th best teams in the AL by record. Boston has the 2nd best record and hasn't played Seattle (3rd best), but of the top teams they've played, they've played very well. Houston has played most of those games in Houston, yet they are under .500 against the AL elite.

Yes, NYY does have a better overall record against those teams, but they have played most of those games in NY. Overall, NYY has played 42% of their games on the road (23 out of 54), while Boston has played 53% of their games on the road (32 out of 60). Despite a schedule with more off days and significantly more home games, NYY is only .002 points ahead of Boston in the standings. Boston is doing fine.

its all part of my plan...talk crap and complain about them and they rise up to make me look like a fool. Its working perfectly lol

its all part of my plan...talk crap and complain about them and they rise up to make me look like a fool. Its working perfectly lol
Always seems to work out that way lol. And just on cue, NYY is complaining about their upcoming schedule that gives them few off days and forces them into playing 3 games in 24 hours in early July. Those rain outs and early season off days can really make the rest of the season more difficult.

What a feckin idiot Dumbrowski is for bringing up some kid who never pitched in the bigs, and who then proceeds to have a deer-in-the-headlights first inning that loses another game for the Dead Sux. I feckin hate that stupid sh!t. Why not just have the 2 dozen relief pitchers they carry pitch 3 innings each? What a feckin waste of a game. I will LOL so feckin much if they lose the division by one feckin game.

i refuse to take the cheese. if they make the playoffs they will lose. worst defensive infield in baseball. they lack mental toughness(see david price) they run the bases like a bunch of jack asses. i dont believe in them.
David Price is on fire, having now won 6 straight. Tonight’s 2-1 victory at SEA was a gem.

David Price is on fire, having now won 6 straight. Tonight’s 2-1 victory at SEA was a gem.
talk to me when he beats the Yankees. and talk to me when he wins in the playoffs. david price is destined to pee his pants. I don't care how good he's pitching now.

talk to me when he beats the Yankees. and talk to me when he wins in the playoffs. david price is destined to pee his pants. I don't care how good he's pitching now.
You may be right, but the games that are being played now matter, too. There’s no getting into the postseason without doing a good job now, and Price is helping the team inch closer to a divisional crown/postseason spot.

With Sale being an ace, and guys like Rodriguez and even Wright showing that they can pitch well, the weight of the team shouldn’t necessarily have to fall on Price’s shoulders. I get where you’re coming from though.

You may be right, but the games that are being played now matter, too. There’s no getting into the postseason without doing a good job now, and Price is helping the team inch closer to a divisional crown/postseason spot.

With Sale being an ace, and guys like Rodriguez and even Wright showing that they can pitch well, the weight of the team shouldn’t necessarily have to fall on Price’s shoulders. I get where you’re coming from though.
it falls on his shoulders more than anybody else. that's what happens when you make 30 million a year.

These H2H games with NY will almost certainly decide the division. It would be a shame to win 100 games and have to take chances in a one game wild card against another team’s ace SP1 or SP2.

On another, very unrelated note, at least I get to see the games when they play the Yankees down here in Western PA. Aside from the Yankee games, my only shot at seeing any Sox action is the once or twice a month airings on ESPN or FOX.

LMAO david price peeing his pants and getting lit up by the yankees yet again. what a turd.

Now this is a fun game.

Looking forward to a Sale vs Severino matchup.

David Price = Garbage, as both a player and person. One of my most disliked Dead Sux employees, ever. F him to hell.

LMAO david price peeing his pants and getting lit up by the yankees yet again. what a turd.
Ugh. You sure called that one correctly. Judging by his record against NY, especially on the road, it’s got to be a confidence issue. That doesn’t bode well for meaningful ball down the stretch in Sept or Oct.

That said, if you’re Alex Cora and you know how he struggles against them, how do you allow him to even stay in the game after giving up a homer, a single, and then a double? I realize the need to preserve precious arms, but I’d have called someone up immediately and stalled so they could warm up a bit, especially considering the postseason type of atmosphere. Sometimes you know that a guy just doesn’t have it, and Price’s first inning was a glaring example of that. It was obvious.

“There are great teams (Red Sox, Astros)
And then good teams (Yankees and Mariners)
Then there’s 50 feet of crap
And then there’s the rest of the AL.”
—- Billy Beane (probably)

Last edited:
Four pitchers with 10 wins at the break and all 4 are in the top 15 in runs scored in support
Rick Porcello 11-3
Eduardo Rodriguez 11-3 (imagine if he could a bit deeper, Sox are 15-3 in his starts)
David Price 10-6
Chris Sale 10-4

Hard not to feel good about this team.

Four pitchers with 10 wins at the break and all 4 are in the top 15 in runs scored in support
Rick Porcello 11-3
Eduardo Rodriguez 11-3 (imagine if he could a bit deeper, Sox are 15-3 in his starts)
David Price 10-6
Chris Sale 10-4

Hard not to feel good about this team.
Sale is proving that he’s likely the best ace in all of baseball, once again. Let’s just hope that he hasn’t peaked too early in the season again and that he’s able to go further into the postseason with comparable success.

I still think they need to trade for another pitcher, although I can’t tell if the need is greater for a starter or reliever. The injury to Rodriguez is huge. Whether Wright is able to return with any reliable success is big, too. Kelly hasn’t been consistent enough, and they can always use another lefty.

If either Price or Porcello can prove to be effective I think they can make a deep run, but it can’t be Sale and a bunch of inconsistent (sometimes/often injured) starters, either.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back