PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Record Prediction

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDigital

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I see the Patriots having a rocky start on the offensive side. I'm not expecting a ton from Harry in the first month. With no help from Watson/Thomas/Gordon I see this offense struggling. Not to mention they'll have basically a rookie LT as things stand now.

Steelers L 20-23 - The Steelers get a lot of crap but they were still one of the better teams last year and will be this year. I think our D can hold em down pretty well but IDK if it will be enough.

@ Dolphins L 17-23 - Miami is always a bad place to play for the Pats and this year won't be any different. I see a rare 0-2 start.

Jets W 24-17 - A much needed win against a total crap bag team at home. But it won't look good IMO. Still I think this is Harry's first really good game.

@ Bills L 10-20 - Predicting a loss to the Bills? Yeah, sadly so. This D is legit and I think our offense will be shut down and give up turnovers. The road troubles from last year continue and a 1-3 first quarter is the result. Lots of whispers start up about Brady's decline and the end of the dynasty.

@ Washington W 27-13 - The Pats eyeing a potentially devastating 1-4 have a very solid game against a not ready for prime time thing. Getting Watson back here helps and things on offense (including Wynn and Harry) are finally starting to really mesh.

Giants(thurs) W 31-7 - Not a team that should keep Pats fans up at night anymore. This is going to be a 1-15 dumpster fire and the Pats look more solid by the week. Now back to 3-3 the talk of their demise is starting to quiet down.

@ Jets(mon) W 24-17 - Same score as the first Jets game, but this one looking more impressive and won't be as close as the score says. Nothing to complain about. One or maybe both of Gordon/Thomas comes back this week. The extra time between games helps for getting them ready.

Browns W 33-27 - I see this a bit like the regular season KC game last year. The Browns come in here after a bye week with a 5-1 record and an offense setting the world on fire. They have the first seed in the AFC as of now. This will be a great game with the Pats winning late in impressive fashion. This puts them 5-3 and on their heels the rest of the way.

@ Ravens W 24-10 - The Ravens D is very good, particularly at home. But I don't see their offense doing anything vs our D. The book got out on them at the end of last year and nothing changes.

bye

@ Eagles W 28-20 - Hyped up as a big game but the Eagles just don't look ready to go (coming off their win over the Bears the week before which i predict). The Pats with a SB loss still on their mind don't let them get this one.

Cowboys W 30-16 - This offense is just too easy to predict. Not something that will work on a BB defense. The Pats offense is on the field all day.

@ Texans L 21-24 - The Patriots have historically found ways to beat the Texans but a few game have been close. If they are healthy I think they finally steal one at home, catching a few breaks. I don't want to call this a let down game as the Texans should be a playoff team at home but, yeah.

Chiefs W 30-21 - The Pats beat KC 2 times in very close games, so KC should steal this one and get revenge right? Wrong. I really see KC struggling this year. Some people underestimate how much Hill meant to this team and he's probably not putting on a KC uni again.

@ Bengals W 30-10 - Bungles. Moving on.

Bills W 30-3 - The Bills stole one while the Pats were down their season went down hill after that I think. Typical 'we won our super bowl' situation. The Pats punish them for that loss as best they can and look ready for the playoffs.

Dolphins W 33-7 - Another revenge game for the loss in Miami. This team is now on autopilot but I think the Pats needs to play for this one. 12-4 and a first round bye and probably first seed incoming. After a nightmare start they go 11-1 the rest of the way. Their O now fully on track with their D having been good all year.

Your predictions and thoughts?

My standard answer ever year is that the Pats will win between 12 & 13 games...

Always watched this great sport by the adage, "On any given Sunday"... that is what makes it enjoyable, even though I also enjoy a boring blowout.

I’d love to be the first guy to say 19-0, (no, I wouldn’t) but I’ll agree with Darryl and go with my standard 12-4 prediction that I choose every year.

One at home
One on the road
One in the division
One WTF game

Of course, sometimes these overlap, but this is a good start.

I’d love to be the first guy to say 19-0, (no, I wouldn’t) but I’ll agree with Darryl and go with my standard 12-4 prediction that I choose every year.

One at home
One on the road
One in the division
One WTF game

Yeah, I come down between 12-4 and 13-3 most years in my predicti0ns, but this dynamic above guides a lot of my thoughts on how things will go. The question for me is if the one division game is also the standard road loss game.

I'll have a more detailed prediction after week 4 of the preseason.

6-9-1 ...in commemoration of Gronk :D

12-4

13-3 or 14-2

They are gonna have a great year.

....and lose in MIA again.

One at home
One on the road
One in the division
One WTF game

19-0 ;)

I didn't get my prize for the correct prediction last year.

I'll stick with 11-5.

Pittsburgh @ NE in the BB/TB era

L 36-17 AFCCG
L 28-21
L 55-31
W 33-10 Matt Cassel
L 34-13
L 23-20
L 30-14

1-6 and most of the games weren't even close. Unless Matt Cassel is walking through that door they aren't losing that game.

Another brutal schedule with a bullseye on their back. 10-6.

They'll lose some combination of @ Miami, @ Buffalo, @ Philadelphia and the Chiefs. If things are locked up they could also lose to Miami to end the year.

12 wins. I don't see them losing to HOU.

Pittsburgh @ NE in the BB/TB era

L 36-17 AFCCG
L 28-21
L 55-31
W 33-10 Matt Cassel
L 34-13
L 23-20
L 30-14

1-6 and most of the games weren't even close. Unless Matt Cassel is walking through that door they aren't losing that game.

Some posters (no one who posts regularly) will think I'm wrong, but that 2008 Steelers game is a lot closer if it's later in the year. And the Steelers won the SB that year.

Some posters (no one who posts regularly) will think I'm wrong, but that 2008 Steelers game is a lot closer if it's later in the year. And the Steelers won the SB that year.

The issue was Cassel. He was fine against the average defenses that year but when they ran up against the likes of the Steelers and Chargers he was missing open receivers because he couldn't process at the speed Brady does and they got smoked. Look at the schedule that year and his one great year in KC. They both played NFCW which was awful during that stretch and the Pats played the AFCW which was awful and KC the AFCS which was awful.

12-4 is generally always my guess. Drop a random game against a crappy team. Drop a division game. Drop a road game. Drop the game in Miami.

There are only two non-division games I'm worried about: @Baltimore and @Philadelphia. Add in a random loss or two against Buffalo and Miami...12-4.

I feel like whenever we have these prediction threads, 12-4 should be outlawed. It's just such a standard year for them, it means more to go out on a limb and predict higher or lower than that. Keeps things more interesting :)

I'm going to say 11-5, because like the OP said, I expect the offense to sputter a bit while it rediscovers what it's good at. I'm also curious if any part of the general operation takes a hit while Belichick is focused on being the defensive playcaller? Hopefully between Ernie and Dante they can pick up some of the day to day slack, but it's still a wild card.

That all said, I don't think I'd be terribly shocked by anything between 11-5 and 14-2.

Beat me to it. In all seriousness, I've learned that I absolutely suck at making these kinds of predictions. The tables flip every year and it seems like teams that are supposed to be good end up sucking and teams that are supposed to suck are good. My only prediction is that this team will still be playing in mid-January.

One at home
One on the road
One in the division
One WTF game

Your one WTF game is my "on any given Sunday" (or Monday or Thursday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes