PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Really looking forward to this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
BB without Brady...

New QB situation... Cam? Stid?

Still a great nucleus of players on defense and O-line....

C'mon boys and girls...

48vufw.gif

;)

Rookies report tomorrow.

I'm assuming that they all get a single room.

So what are all the Virus rules, can the rookies just tackle each other for fun?

Gonna miss the annual TC and watching the new blood perform.... :(

Its gonna be a 5hitshow.

I'm not excited to watch games without any home field crowds. There will be no HFA for any team this year.

this is all about the Goon maximizing profits for the 32 in a year when EVERTHING should be suspended. Lots of something is better than nothing. Remember, this league trotted out freakin' never weres and has beens during a strike and bilked us out of OUR hard earned money pretending like the games really mattered. This season will never be a legit NFL season in historical terms, it'll just be a painkiller...if it takes place at all.

This is going to be the worst looking football we’ve seen since the replacement players. They might start looking normal around November December if we’re lucky. Still wondering if the will to make contact is going to effect the game.

I know a lot of people hate preseason football but I love it. I love the local production TV broadcast, I love seeing all the new players and unknowns who had a good camp, and I especially love that it means summer in New England. I know we may have seen the last of the traditional NFL preseason but I’m hoping they at least keep two games going forward.

I'm not excited to watch games without any home field crowds. There will be no HFA for any team this year.

It's going to be strange, although they may adopt the simulated crowd for TV that was first used in Australian rules football this spring. It's well done. Gillette has been a huge HFA but not bc of the fans. If you've been to a lot of games, the fans at Gillette are often not loud, with some exceptions each year (the on to Cincinnati game, for example....great crowd for that one). I partly blame Kraft, for designing a stadium where aesthetics were more important that acoustics. Opposing teams rarely have to go to a silent count.

Lack of fans or 20% capacity is a big plus for the Pats@Sea and @KC in particular but also @Texans and @Bills.

maybe the lack of screaming fans in the stands , like in Philly and Baltimore, will free the intimidated refs that make such egregious calls against visiting teams, especially in big games, to actually ref reasonably in a fair and balanced manner. Of course I wouldn't count on it considering some of these "crews" we've endured the past ten years.

It's going to be strange, although they may adopt the simulated crowd for TV that was first used in Australian rules football this spring. It's well done. Gillette has been a huge HFA but not bc of the fans. If you've been to a lot of games, the fans at Gillette are often not loud, with some exceptions each year (the on to Cincinnati game, for example....great crowd for that one). I partly blame Kraft, for designing a stadium where aesthetics were more important that acoustics. Opposing teams rarely have to go to a silent count.

Lack of fans or 20% capacity is a big plus for the Pats@Sea and @KC in particular but also @Texans and @Bills.

Indy and Atlanta are already ahead of the game on simulated noise.

BB without Brady...

New QB situation... Cam? Stid?

Still a great nucleus of players on defense and O-line....

C'mon boys and girls...

48vufw.gif

;)
Still a little skeptical that this season is actually happening.

Maybe I missed a report but will there be film crews , press or reporters at the rookie camp ?

Since getting CAM I am too...........but, I can only get so excited since I'm still skeptical if there will even be a season.

There's going to be a season imo, and it'll get better as it progresses. Too much money is being thrown at this virus and a lot of advancements have been made to combat it. The NFL is fortunate that they're the last of the big four out of the gates so they could possibly learn from the other three. Anyway I'm just thinking positive.

Doesn't seem like the NFL has a plan at all. At least the NBA is attempting something to prevent a potential outbreak. Silver is 100 times more competent than Goodell.

Indy and Atlanta are already ahead of the game on simulated noise.

Haha. No, this is for TV viewers only. They capture audio from the prior season for each team at their home stadiums, capturing crowd reaction to as many scenarios as possible. With the help of advanced technology, individuals who work for the broadcasting company react to what is happening on the field and insert the reaction of the "virtual crowd". The English Premier league Is doing something similar but they gave the fan was the option of either using the technology or watching the games in silence.

AFL 2020: Virtual crowd noise, Fox Footy fake crowd noise, Carlton Blues vs Melbourne Demons

NRL 2020: Broncos vs Eels, Roosters vs Rabbitohs, Fox League, fake crowd, crowd noise, virtual audio

Nah, gonna be a 7hitshow! Let's 7ucking goooo!!!

All kinds of injuries with less training. They were talking 3 weeks on IR if you test positive for the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News