Reactions from Northern California to Patriots' 30-17 Victory Over 49ers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

John Morgan

Some New England fans and certain sports talk radio hosts are whining about the New England Patriots not looking impressive enough in their latest win to improve their conference leading record to 8-2. For another perspective here is a sampling of reactio

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

John Morgan

Some New England fans and certain sports talk radio hosts are whining about the New England Patriots not looking impressive enough in their latest win to improve their conference leading record to 8-2. For another perspective here is a sampling of reactio

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)
It was DeBartolo Jr. who insisted they keep Montana when everybody else wanted to dump Joe after he hurt his back in '86. At least the Niners looked like the Niners, yesterday at least. Can't say the same about the Americans, I mean the Elvises, or the Krafts, or whatever...

It was DeBartolo Jr. who insisted they keep Montana when everybody else wanted to dump Joe after he hurt his back in '86. At least the Niners looked like the Niners, yesterday at least. Can't say the same about the Americans, I mean the Elvises, or the Krafts, or whatever...

You know, you've got a lot of knowledge about the game, and you routinely make interesting posts, and I'm glad you're a member here. I appreciate the perspective you bring.

I just really wish you would just drop the crap about the current Patriots somehow not being the real team. You're thisclose to my ignore list because of the constant harping on this issue--it's downright obnoxious, particularly to younger fans who have grown up with this iteration of the team, and don't actually like the original colors or logo as well as the current iteration. Change isn't always a bad thing.

I get where you're coming from, but the Patriots are never going to revert to their earlier branding. It's just time to let it go. It's also nowhere near the level of significance of a country, so the analogy is a bit skewed. In fact, if you want to talk about changing the flag, maybe you should look at how many times our flag has changed over its history. We haven't always had the stars and stripes in its current version.

"The current design of the U.S. flag is its 27th; the design of the flag has been modified officially 26 times since 1777."

Flag of the United States - Wikipedia

Checkmate.

I get where you're coming from, but the Patriots are never going to revert to their earlier branding. It's just time to let it go. It's also nowhere near the level of significance of a country, so the analogy is a bit skewed. In fact, if you want to talk about changing the flag, maybe you should look at how many times our flag has changed over its history. We haven't always had the stars and stripes in its current version.

"The current design of the U.S. flag is its 27th; the design of the flag has been modified officially 26 times since 1777."

Flag of the United States - Wikipedia

Checkmate.
220px-Hopkinson_Flag.svg.png
...the 1777 version.
th

@Actual Pats Fan Are you in the fashion industry?
Unfortunately, Mr. Kraft has let a mutant strain of nonfan be (in)bred, and continuing to fail to correct the problem has only made it lots worse since Tom Brady showed up, and the team here started winning.

Unfortunately, Mr. Kraft has let a mutant strain of nonfan be (in)bred, and continuing to fail to correct the problem has only made it lots worse since Tom Brady showed up, and the team here started winning.

I don't even know what this means, other than an attack on my fandom. But I'm done. Away you go.

Inbred? Well now you've officially crossed the line.. I can deal with constant, lame whining, but your childish insults I will not. Congrats, you're the first addition to my ignore list. Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
You know, you've got a lot of knowledge about the game, and you routinely make interesting posts, and I'm glad you're a member here. I appreciate the perspective you bring.

I just really wish you would just drop the crap about the current Patriots somehow not being the real team. You're thisclose to my ignore list because of the constant harping on this issue--it's downright obnoxious, particularly to younger fans who have grown up with this iteration of the team, and don't actually like the original colors or logo as well as the current iteration. Change isn't always a bad thing.

This post had me confused until I realized that I am "Future You" (except for wanting the red as an alt jersey :D ):cool:

Last edited:
More flag stuff, for those interested: Flag timeline

Maybe we should use the New England flag for our logo. We can be the NE Trees. o_O

I'm so grateful for posters here being so honest, and thus revealing.

I'm imagining people in Green Bay, for example, with regard to the fifties, saying "The loser Packers are dead and buried." People in Pittsburgh, regarding the sixties, saying "The loser Steelers are dead and buried." People in...San Francisco! Re: the sixties, late 70's, right now, "The loser 49ers are dead and buried."
th

So first, most on this site agree 100% with mediots, the league, and imbeciles amongst former and current players, coaches and fans who dismiss the Patriots as worthless (I'd love to see one of you tell John Hannah to his face that he is a loser), their accomplishments on the field somehow do not count, they damaged the league, they broke rules, they were either punished fairly or underpunished, Kraft's apology to the league was justified,...

what? what's that? well? . . . Make up your mind.

This is harder than getting a rape victim to acknowledge the truth and stand up for herself.

An out-of-town jerk came here, pissed all over us, spat in our faces, and the new owner said, "My, isn't the rain refreshing!" and it was 22 years before most people began to comprehend what was going on, obviously not including most on the team's fan site.

You know, Pats ought to go for a 0-16 season or two. You know, to separate the REAL fans from the fake ones :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back