PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Re-watching Superbowl 39

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsSox363804

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With the re-awakening of the camergate BS and all of the sour grapes that comes with it, Philadelphia has always been one of the loudest whiners. The thing I consistently hear from Philly is "THEY STARTED SCREENING US TO DEATH, HOW DID THEY KNOW TO DO THAT?!" So I watched the 2nd half drives, here's what I saw:

Tied 7-7 in the 3rd:

pass downfield for 8 yards
run
pass downfield + YAC 27 yards
incomplete
incomplete
pass down field 15 yards
run
pass downfield 15 yards
run
Vrabel TD

Tied 14-14 3:35 left in 3rd:

KO return to 35
False Start
Screen to Brown. Our first screen where Philly had SEVEN guys on the line and couldn't have been more obviously blitzing.
Screen to Faulk
run
fake end around pass to Branch
run
run
run
Screen to Faulk
run TD

21-14 with 12:33 left in the 4th

Punt return to Eagles 47
run
pass downfield into tight coverage, awesome play by branch
run
run
run
incomplete
run
FG

So, in summary. The Patriots had 3 scoring drives int he 2nd half and there was a total of 3 screen passes on 1 drive where they were obviously running and using screens as pseudo-run plays to chew up the clock and keep the defense honest. Philadelphia fans need to actually re-watch this game instead of just spouting idiocy.

I remember along time ago when I hated the NY Yankees. Actually, I still do, but I digress. But I always had an excuse for their success, and for the constant dominance over the sox. They had all the money in the world and bought their championships. They had the most influential owner (Steinbrenner), coach (Torre) and players (Jeter, Posada, B Williams, Pettite, Clemons, Rivera, etc) which allowed them to influence calls and the MLB brass. And yes, thought they cheated and bent the rules from time to time.

But then something happened. 2004. The Sox won, beat the Yankees and won the world series. And I realized all those Yankees teams of the past were simply a better team. Period. All these fans and players (former and current) who are complaining about the Pats are losers. Actually, jealous losers. The Pats were/are the better team and they cant handle the truth. And as long as the Pats are in their heads and refuse to except it, the Pats will keep on being the better team. Excuses are for losers.

Philly was one of the most blitz happy teams in the league that year. Wondering how NE knew a screen might be successful is as stupid as wondering how anyone knows guy reported as OUT might not take the field.

Philly fans might be whining, but I gotta respect Reid and McNabb(as far I know?) for not jumping in on the cheating crap. McNabb even said he wasn't sick and it wasn't an excuse.

Philly fans might be whining, but I gotta respect Reid and McNabb(as far I know?) for not jumping in on the cheating crap. McNabb even said he wasn't sick and it wasn't an excuse.

I would deny being fat and out of shape if I was a professional athlete too but good point on the excuse making.

I can respect Reid, but I cannot respect McNabb. He was on the bandwagon last year talking about how Brady would eventually be benched. I don't care that he had a qualifier, he still said it. So screw him. His lazy ass could have been even better than he was and he wanted to try to throw sour grapes at Tom early last season for his own insecurities and shortcomings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes