PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ray Lewis: "Jets An Attractive Option"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray, you may want to check out the Jets cap situation. A few days ago you said you weren't going to give the Ravens a 'hometown discount'; unless you are going to give the Jets a 'favorite coach discount' I don't see how this can happen.

Jets An Attractive Option" ........:rofl::rofl::rofl: Yeah right,I think being water boarded would be a fun option too. :rolleyes:

He mentions "media capital" as being an upside to the situation. Of course he also says this:
"I don't feel no pressure, not about playing football," Lewis said. "Football is too easy for me to worry about pressure.

LOL Brett will love this guy:D

Last edited:
Ray Lewis for the Jets would simply be Brett Favre all over again - just on D.

Ray Lewis for the Jets would simply be Brett Favre all over again - just on D.

Those 2 egos in the same locker room :popcorn:

Do we really want to face Ray Lewis this often :eek:

Honestly I would hope they sign him. Though he is good he is past his prime and IMO won't make a remarkable impact, at least not comparable to the further damage he'll do to their cap situation. It will only put them further back in rebuilding which is their only option right now if you ask me.

He's past his prime but he can still bring some heat-he's far from washed up. But I agree about denting the Jets' purses which is always a good thing, plus his personality "can be a bit strong" at times:D

I wonder if he'd be as effective without Suggs,etc. He played with an awesome defense in Baltimore.

The Jets do have an opening at ILB, and knowing NY fans they will be calling for a big name signing to make up for last years disappointment. They'll have to get rid of Favre to be able to sign him though.

He's past his prime but he can still bring some heat-he's far from washed up. But I agree about denting the Jets' purses which is always a good thing, plus his personality "can be a bit strong" at times:D

I wonder if he'd be as effective without Suggs,etc. He played with an awesome defense in Baltimore.

Yeah I'm not saying he's washed up or anything, but he will be 34 when the season starts and like you said won't be surrounded with the guys he had in Bmore. Either way, with Brady back the Jets will not be a threat to us anytime soon. If they want to put all their eggs into winning now I'm all for it.

Did anyone notice in the NFL Network interview, he was wearing a Boston Red Sox hat. Wonder if he has any interest in coming here and reuniting with AD.

Would hate to see him leave the Ravens for the Rivalry Factor. But, if he's going to leave...guess that makes the Ravens no longer a "tough game" He is the leader of that defense, without question. Without him, the "fear" is gone from that D.

I heard he also mentioned Dallas as an option. That would be priceless.

Funny how Ray mentions the Jets and Cowboys as options; he was on WEEI last week and when asked if he'd consider coming to New England, his response was "I really don't want to talk about another team, that's not the right thing to do in this situation"..........funny how he's done a 180 in less than a week.

Would hate to see him leave the Ravens for the Rivalry Factor. But, if he's going to leave...guess that makes the Ravens no longer a "tough game" He is the leader of that defense, without question. Without him, the "fear" is gone from that D.

I heard he also mentioned Dallas as an option. That would be priceless.

He'd fit in down in Dallas just fine. They love those bad-boys, big mouths, whiners, etc there. Seem like a match made in heaven.....or hell, whichever. :D

He'd fit in down in Dallas just fine. They love those bad-boys, big mouths, whiners, etc there. Seem like a match made in heaven.....or hell, whichever. :D

Haahahah so true :)

I still like Ray Lewis but if he goes to the Jets then that is over with for me. He then becomes the enemy. Let him go to gang green, actually. He can continue his tradition of hand-feeding cheeseburgers while naked to Ryan in private. :cool:

I still like Ray Lewis but if he goes to the Jets then that is over with for me. He then becomes the enemy. Let him go to gang green, actually. He can continue his tradition of hand-feeding cheeseburgers while naked to Ryan in private. :cool:

Well, if he goes to the Cowboys, you guys get the advantage of seeing Ray-Ray pounding Eli into the turf at least TWICE a season! :D

Well, if he goes to the Cowboys, you guys get the advantage of seeing Ray-Ray pounding Eli into the turf at least TWICE a season! :D

That would be a consolation prize though. I still want him in New England if we can't nab Terrell Suggs (which doesn't look like a possibility at this point).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes