PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens WR Anquan Boldin? If he is released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He may hit free agency after all ??? Unless he retires that is ....

@ravens RUMOR MILL: Anquan Boldin reportedly rejects #Ravens offer, prepared to test free-agent market | http://bmob.us/588

But is boldin really much better than lloyd, boldin will fight more for the ball, but lloyd is a year younger, a little quicker, and can also make some spectacular catches. But if boldin comes at a cheaper price than lloyd, then thats a good deal for the patriots. If the pats truly want a fast deep threat they should sign donnie avery(i think he ran a 4.27), maybe devery henderson, or draft a rookie(i wish we could get tavon austin and sign edelmen to repleace wes).

Boldin made some amazing catches down the sideline this year..buy lloyd also has great hands...bring in boldin guys!

1. The only way Boldin plays for the Patriots is if we WAY overpay him. Not just overpay him, but hilariously bad overpay. Joe Flacco level overpay.

2. Boldin had a great superbowl run but he's been a pretty mediocre receiver for the past couple years. Watching him, I distinctly remember thinking "this guy was considered better than Fitzgerald??".

Good player, is an elite #2 and can obviously be a big time player. But a large part of his success this post season was due to teams being deathly afraid of Torrey and refusing to let him win deep. Giving him a big contract at his age and expecting him to be the #1 is a pretty terrible idea. Throw in the fact he's a known Patriots hater and would demand a pretty substantial overpay to even consider signing here and it just screams "STAY AWAY".

In Madden, on a 2 year deal? Sure. In real life? No thanks.

1. The only way Boldin plays for the Patriots is if we WAY overpay him. Not just overpay him, but hilariously bad overpay. Joe Flacco level overpay.

You have no idea what you are talking about

I distinctly remember thinking "this guy was considered better than Fitzgerald??"

Again...no idea what you are talking about

Guy isn't good he had one good super bowl run look how mediocre he was for his time in Baltimore.

He's actually had two pretty good super bowl runs.

What I like about Boldin is that he's tough as nails. Played with his jaw wired shut in Arizona once. He also makes first downs. 22 catches in the playoffs, 19 for first downs. Say what you want about the Patriots, but that's one stat that keeps the engine running.

Welker was good for 4.5 per game. That is a ton of first downs to make up. Boldin is a start. I don't know what he wants, but he's a good player.

He's actually had two pretty good super bowl runs.

What I like about Boldin is that he's tough as nails. He also makes first downs. 22 catches in the playoffs, 19 for first downs. Say what you want about the Patriots, but that's one stat that keeps the engine running.

Welker was good for 4.5 per game. That is a ton of first downs to make up. Boldin is a start. I don't know what he wants, but he's a good player. He's also tough as nails. Played with his jaw wired shut in Arizona.

according to tonyto the pats will have to spend 10+ mill on Boldin :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST