PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ravens not happy with officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to roughing the passer penalties both teams were flagged for very similar fouls. You can argue about the Suggs penalty but those kind of calls happen at times - Vince Wilfork was flagged for legal play on Week 1.

That's why i don't really understand those complaints by Ravens players.

When it comes to roughing the passer penalties both teams were flagged for very similar fouls. You can argue about the Suggs penalty but those kind of calls happen at times - Vince Wilfork was flagged for legal play on Week 1.

That's why i don't really understand those complaints by Ravens players.

Suggs dove right at Brady's legs on that second one, and should be fined for that. If Brady hadn't hopped out of the way, his season might be over again. The first call was no worse than the one on Wright.

The players need to know the rules.

This marks the second straight time we've defeated the Ravens and Ray Ray and the other whiners on that team have blamed it on the rules, and I emphasis RULES, as in both games, the ref correctly made the calls, but they thought the refs took the game out of their hands in doing so.

Want to know what's "embarrassing", Ray Lewis a) that you're playing professionally football when two people are dead either directly or indirectly b/c of you b) that you ran off the field celebrating like you'd just been acquitted after Sammy Morris converted a 4th & 1 b/c you are so motherf**king dumb that you thought it was 4th & goal c) that you're team had chances to win and you blame it on calls that were within the rules, but that you feel shouldn't have been made d) that you complain about the refs more than Tommy Heinsohn.

Honestly, this Ravens team is pathetic. Truly pathetic. We've played them twice and they've leapfrogged so many teams on my most hated list. Players complaining about the refs after a lost is really embarassing.

Harbaugh and the Ravens are apparently sending tape of the game to the NFL complaining that Brady got "preferential" treatment:

Ravens: Brady got preferential treatment | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

I must say, Harbaugh's gone down a step in my estimation. What a lot of whining. It sounds like the Ravens have rubbed off on Harbaugh as much as Harbaugh has rubbed off on the Ravens.

Harbaugh and the Ravens are apparently sending tape of the game to the NFL complaining that Brady got "preferential" treatment:

Ravens: Brady got preferential treatment | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

I must say, Harbaugh's gone down a step in my estimation. What a lot of whining. It sounds like the Ravens have rubbed off on Harbaugh as much as Harbaugh has rubbed off on the Ravens.

Coaches shouldn't spend that much time talking to the refs, period. They are grown men and they have a job to do. He may have cost his team the game by focusing on the refs instead of doing his job.

Well after a 24 hr news cycle one thing is clear, Ravens fans can sleep well tonight knowing that the rest of the world outside of New England sees it our way.

I guess everyone else has it all wrong, and the Pats fans are the only ones who have it right.

Harbaugh said today in the presser that Flacco was hit 5 times with the crown of a defender helmet leading and only on the 6th one was it finally called. Other players said the same thing after watching the tape today. They showed one of the instances on Monday Night Countdown where the defender takes 2 full steps and leveled Flacco with the crown of his helmet, no call.

That is just ONE example, and I am sure Harbaugh had no problem finding about 10 others to send to the league. he said all he wants is the game to be called fair and equitable, and that is all we want as fans to. It clearly was not being that the guy they made all these sissy rules for was behind center for one of the teams. I could go on and on and on with other examples.....

who cares ? espn is a bunch of jets fans you guys are a bunch of whiners. anyone who watched the game knows the pats dominated the ravens.

It was an easy call and no one would have said a thing about it has it been someone other than Brady. If it were Peyton Manning or Brett Favre Suggs would have been suspended and we would have spent the last day hearing about how they just shook off and led their teams to victory.

Everyone hates Boston at this point, I've acepted this, but it's absurd that anyone can look at that play knowing the new rule and say it wasn't a penalty. Further, they are emphasizing the new rule, so they're going to call anything even close, the Ravens need to know this before they go diving at knee caps.

some interesting tidbit from TMQ as well

Brett Favre proved that he can still play, writes Tuesday Morning Quarterback - ESPN

Sweet 'N' Sour Play: Trailing New England 3-0 and facing a third-and-4, Baltimore came out with an unbalanced line left and a trips left. Then a man went in motion right. Joe Flacco play-faked to the tailback running right, then threw a hitch screen back left -- first down and a touchdown on the possession. So the play looked to the defense like a heavy overload left that was really going to be a run right, but the ball ended up back on the overload side -- sweet. What was sour? Baltimore offensive tackle Michael Oher was 3 yards downfield when the catch was made; the play should have been called back. (So Baltimore, the officials don't always favor New England; see below.)

Really? Easterbrook not blindly hating the Pats? I have a hard time believing that. Gotta go rewatch the play now.

I find it interesting that in one season, the ravens coach turns into a clone of the previous coach. Just why is this? Anyone know?

So... no fines for Ravens players. I guess they weren't criticizing the officials.....?

Just saw from Reiss that the league isn't going to fine Harbaugh or the Ravens. What a friggin joke. If that had been Belichick who got the penalty with Brady and Moss making the post game comments that those losers Lewis and Suggs made, the Pats would be getting record breaking fines. Talk about a friggin joke. Ray Anderson is a piece of garbage and must be giving Lewis and Suggs some special lip service or something because not fining them is BS.

Just saw from Reiss that the league isn't going to fine Harbaugh or the Ravens. What a friggin joke. If that had been Belichick who got the penalty with Brady and Moss making the post game comments that those losers Lewis and Suggs made, the Pats would be getting record breaking fines. Talk about a friggin joke. Ray Anderson is a piece of garbage and must be giving Lewis and Suggs some special lip service or something because not fining them is BS.

If we did that they'd take away our 1st round draft pick.

The media always seems to neglect the calls that go against the Patriots. Maybe because they don't whine about it, they don't draw attention to it. And there were plenty of calls that went against the Patriots. Aiken catches the ball cleanly and takes two steps with the ball, gets hit and then the ball comes out once he is down. The referees call incomplete pass. I thought that should have been challenged, but BB did not pull out the red flag. Then later the Ravens receiver slides out of bounds with the ball obviously bouncing around on his chest and they call it complete. Ravens had plenty of calls go their way.
What quarters were those?? Just curious...

Well after a 24 hr news cycle one thing is clear, Ravens fans can sleep well tonight knowing that the rest of the world outside of New England sees it our way.

I guess everyone else has it all wrong, and the Pats fans are the only ones who have it right.

Harbaugh said today in the presser that Flacco was hit 5 times with the crown of a defender helmet leading and only on the 6th one was it finally called. Other players said the same thing after watching the tape today. They showed one of the instances on Monday Night Countdown where the defender takes 2 full steps and leveled Flacco with the crown of his helmet, no call.

That is just ONE example, and I am sure Harbaugh had no problem finding about 10 others to send to the league. he said all he wants is the game to be called fair and equitable, and that is all we want as fans to. It clearly was not being that the guy they made all these sissy rules for was behind center for one of the teams. I could go on and on and on with other examples.....
The world KNOWS you are a bunch of whiners..thugs and idiots.. Harbaugh?? He vcouldn't coach pee wee football team.. Let's see him take teh audio and let all listen??? He doesn't have teh guts to do that...WHY?? Because ANY person with any knowledge would KNOW what an A**** he was. Lewis should be in jail..and Suggs?? All big mouth punks...go cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes