PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapoport: Antonio Brown to Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, if it comes down between outright release and no one is offering, say, a third round pick or higher, you probably just cut him. His current contract is too much of a deal to be shipping a Hall of Fame receiver still in his prime to a rival for pennies on the dollar.

If I were Colbert/Rooney I'd opt for what's behind door #3. Realizing Brown won't suit up for Pittsburgh and can subsequently be suspended w/out pay without losing his contractual rights but still getting credit back to the cap I'd tell Mr Big Chest it's here or nowhere.

If I were Colbert/Rooney I'd opt for what's behind door #3. Realizing Brown won't suit up for Pittsburgh and can subsequently be suspended w/out pay without losing his contractual rights but still getting credit back to the cap I'd tell Mr Big Chest it's here or nowhere.

Brown and his agent dictating where to go is pathetic. This is turing into the NBA. God I would love the steelers to keep him and for him to sit out

Brown and his agent dictating where to go is pathetic. This is turing into the NBA. God I would love the steelers to keep him and for him to sit out

The Steelers foster a entitled, spoiled superstar culture. These are some of the consequences.

NFL players have the least rights among athletes of any major sport and I’ll never blame them for trying to get a better deal for themselves.

Yeah, I certainly understand the realities but will never be comfortable with an individual not being able to determine who they want to work for in this "free market" society.

NFL players have the least rights among athletes of any major sport and I’ll never blame them for trying to get a better deal for themselves.

Business is business. I never begrudge an athlete in any sport for trying to get a better deal for themselves. Likewise I don't begrudge a team for doing the same. Neither of which I believe is any longer happening in a situation where it may have started out that way but now sees both the team & the player having painted themselves into their respective corners.

Yeah, I certainly understand the realities but will never be comfortable with an individual not being able to determine who they want to work for in this "free market" society.

Lots of folks don’t have that luxury in America. Nothing to do with uncomfortable, everything to do with a cruel reality and a choice. You think it’s a choice when a software center/company closes/consolidates merges? Follow the work or stay home.

Would I want him? If you use the Moss example, it worked, Moss was AB before there was AB. So I guess so.
Ah Cousin...yes there is another place for him. And they will sneak up on this deal. The Eagles. Doug Peterson can handle him.

Pittsburgh saves face. There is a logical trade to be made. Nelson Agholor is a $9mm Eagles Cap Space. Might be a good fit with the Burg. Maybe a low pick plus Agholor gets the deal done. The Cap trade off might work for both Teams.
DW Toys

He is still under contract with the Pittsburgh franchise of the NFL, and as an employee therewith, he should have Zero authority over where he goes.

This isn't the Nazi-onal Basset-ball Ass-ociation...yet.

It’s getting there quickly though. Mr. Big Chest has a $2.5 option bonus due on the 5th day of the league year. Pittsburgh has to pay it or he becomes a free agent. Withholding services is not the leverage Brown and Rosenhaus are playing. They are playing the “he’ll be so disruptive” card. I think he can play it straight to the point the option isn’t paid if he wants. Why would he accept anything less at this point.

It's hilarious what AB is doing to the Steelers. Their fans think he has no say in where he's traded, but he has them over a barrel by threatening to not show up, if traded to a team he doesn't approve of. With limited options, this is all heading towards AB getting exactly what he wants...released.
That can't be possible, all I've heard is that this dude is dumb and stupid. I mean he's got "f*ck you" money and all but, still stupid. :rolleyes:

You’re thinking of Josh Allen.

He’s going in the top handful of picks in this year’s draft, too, but this time he’s coming back as a black guy who’s playing on the other side of the ball.

Nah, pretty sure it's Scamper Sam.

I'm absolutely loving all this drama going on in Pittsburgh. Throw in the fact it's after the Pats won the Super Bowl and it's the cherry on top.
Cherry on top sounds better than the toe curling experience Kraft had down in Jupiter. :eek:

Really hoping to see a rare case of an untradeable contract. When you think about it, the Steelers should be the ones needing to fork over a high draft pick. This is a horrible contract that no one should want, even for free.

The issue is not the contract which is actually an amazing deal where you get AB for 12.6 (+2.5m roster bonus depending on when he gets traded), 11.3 and 12.5 for the next 3 years. Things are just complicated because AB already said he wants a new contract upon being traded with a lot of guaranteed money.

This is what keeps teams away.. the thought of giving up picks AND then having to renegotiate a market level deal with someone who has shown that he doesn't give much of a **** and might even sit out a year.

Could probably get Fitzgerald for a 6th rounder...

:D

And trade for OBJ! 5 WR formation with no TE or RB. What could go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes