PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ranking pass catchers for all 32 teams (Pats are not last)

I mean, these kinds of exercises are always subjective, but if we're talking about pass catchers there are a lot of teams on that list I wouldn't trade the Pats group for. I won't go through them all but a few I noticed:

Arizona
Tennessee (after Hopkins, who scares you? Henry is a good runner, but he's not a pass catching back).
LA Rams (again, after Kupp, it's pretty rough).

I mean, these kinds of exercises are always subjective, but if we're talking about pass catchers there are a lot of teams on that list I wouldn't trade the Pats group for. I won't go through them all but a few I noticed:

Arizona
Tennessee (after Hopkins, who scares you? Henry is a good runner, but he's not a pass catching back).
The team that jumps out at me is the Bills.
Diggs and not much else. Gabe David has not shown he can be a 2 yet and wr3 wr4 are barely nfl caliber players.

Let’s note that this was written by a fantasy football writer.

Arizona

Yep, kind of silly, the article doesn't even mention the rookies, one of which will definitely make the team. I'm not sure what they should be ranked, neither does the author.

Well that was worthless. Forget that Giardi almost immediately admitted “stink, stank, stunk” was too harsh. This writer wants to believe it, so that’s the basis for his ranking.

Let’s note that this was written by a fantasy football writer.
Which entirely changes the term "best."

Throw out blocking. Throw out air-war-by-committee. Running TDs are a detriment.

The Patriot have the Chiefs best WR from last year, the Dolphins best WR for a couple of years, SF's former #3 WR who is dynamic, two top pass-catching TEs, and Zeke (not to mention a couple of rookies who look like the real deal, which is more than I can say for some of the guys listed on other teams' rosters.

I think they're okay.

My take away is the Pats are bottom of the league for pass catchers. They play (2) of the top teams this season. Eagles and Cowboys.

Arizona
It's pretty subjective.

have to admit, stink, stank and stunk is a pretty good line. agree or disagree, it hit home even with the players.

I'd put the Pats above Carolina, Arizona, NY Giants, GB and possibly Chicago.

LA Rams are too high.

Buffalo is where they should be. After Diggs they are mediocre. The Bills will not win anything until they do a better job building around Allen and Diggs. Defense is trash in big games.

Atlanta is way too high.

Ditto with Cleveland.

Minnesota is way too high until Addison proves himself.

Miami too low.

I don't think they're as bad as 31st. It wouldn't be hard to argue that overall, they're better than the Colts (25th) and the teams in-between them.

Last edited:
have to admit, stink, stank and stunk is a pretty good line. agree or disagree, it hit home even with the players.
Being a **** usually hits home, if by hitting home you mean people tell you to F off.

Last edited:
I remember a few members went to Ian last year trying to ban a long time member for saying we had a below average receiving core early last year.

Some people just aren’t as impressed with Thornton turning heads in the film room as other people

Last edited:
I remember a few members went to Ian last year trying to ban a long time member for saying we had a below average receiving core early last year.

Some people just aren’t impressed with Thornton turning heads in the film room as other people
Well that makes the BS detector go off.

I kind of like all the talk that the Pats stink.

Even during the Brady years, a lot of folks said they didn't have the talent (which led to BB getting too much credit, imo, and I am thrilled with BB as a coach).

The team this year looks light-years better than the team that missed the playoffs on a couple of terrible calls and a fluke lateral. Even their defense, which was solid as a rock last year, seems very much better this year.

Of course, that's all on paper. And they have a much tougher schedule...on paper. Although I don't expect the Bills or the Dolphins to be as strong as last year.

But still, let teams fall asleep the week of the Patriots game. Won't end well for those teams.

Imagine if the 2 rookies actually make the team and make a contribution to the team ? After all of those years of either missing with high picks, or never even trying to draft ANY receivers in great WR drafts. It would be unbelievable to hit with two 6th round rookies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back