PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss - Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most talented, most exciting (and maybe best overall) WR in NFL history. Didn’t have the longevity and consistency of Rice (or Hall of Fame QBs every year), but in his prime for one game, I’d take Moss over Rice.

From 2012:

“He’s the greatest deep-ball receiver I think that’s ever played,” Bill Belichick said Wednesday during a conference call with San Francisco reporters. “Nobody runs better patterns, better at the deep part of the field, than Randy Moss can. I still see him doing that. You have to respect his ability to stretch the field so deep and get behind you. It’s hard to take that away and defend everything else that he can do. He’s an explosive, dynamic player. Probably the smartest receiver I’ve ever coached. I know he absolutely knows what he’s doing, knows what the defense is doing.”

Video tribute:

Last edited:
I bet his days with the Patriots secured him for the hall of fame.

If Gary Anderson doesn't miss his first kick of the 1998 season at the absolutely worst time, Moss is competing against Elway for a ring. the Patriots are healthy for the 2007 season, Moss probably has a ring. If Brady doesn't lose the ACL in 2008, Moss probably has a ring. Such are the fortunes in the NFL that one missed kick, and two injuries to his QB, may well have been the difference between Randy Moss having 0 Lombardies and Randy Moss having 3 Lombardis.

He's now in the HOF, and nothing's standing in the way of that. Congrats, Randy, and thank you for 2007.

I miss watching him run deep. He makes it look effortless. Moss making Revis pull his hammy with a one handed catch is prob one of my favorite plays of his.

There are certain players that should have been HOFers while still playing. Moss is one of those guys, even with the OAK years mixed in. He's a generational talent.

Well deserved he loved Brady, BB and the Pats.

If Gary Anderson doesn't miss his first kick of the 1998 season at the absolutely worst time, Moss is competing against Elway for a ring. the Patriots are healthy for the 2007 season, Moss probably has a ring. If Brady doesn't lose the ACL in 2008, Moss probably has a ring. Such are the fortunes in the NFL that one missed kick, and two injuries to his QB, may well have been the difference between Randy Moss having 0 Lombardies and Randy Moss having 3 Lombardis.

He's now in the HOF, and nothing's standing in the way of that. Congrats, Randy, and thank you for 2007.
And just think . . . Brady is playing in his eighth this evening with a chance to win his sixth. Football is truly a game of inches and good (or bad) fortune.

Some of the individual performances we've got to witness get overlooked around here by the team success but I feel lucky to have witnessed Moss play.

We've witnessed 4-5 GOATS. Brady, BB, Gronk, and Vinatieri for sure and Moss makes 5 though Rice is probably the real GOAT. I might even try to slip Slater in there too but Tasker is probably considered the GOAT STer.

Incredible door presentation/invitation to new part of life. Kudos sir, and Randy.

Some of the individual performances we've got to witness get overlooked around here by the team success but I feel lucky to have witnessed Moss play.

We've witnessed 4-5 GOATS. Brady, BB, Gronk, and Vinatieri for sure and Moss makes 5 though Rice is probably the real GOAT. I might even try to slip Slater in there too but Tasker is probably considered the GOAT STer.
Slate would probably agree with you on Tasker.

There’s only 2 guys I know who have their names immortalized.

You got Mossed and you got Gronked. So blessed they play for us.

Some nice catches in this NFL network video - which has him at only number 2 for the 2000 decade (because of Oakland dip):

(Marvin Harrison was their number one pick because of consistency).

Congratulations to Randy Moss, he may not have the numbers Rice had but he’s the best WR I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft