PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RALPH WEBB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I liked what Webb showed. Great patience in reading the blocks and spurting through holes.

Unsure how we will keep him though. I have it as:

Michel
White
Burkhead
Hill
Bolden
and Develin

Yeah, I liked what Webb showed. Great patience in reading the blocks and spurting through holes.

Unsure how we will keep him though. I have it as:

Michel
White
Burkhead
Hill
Bolden
and Develin

I agree. And IMO Michel. White and Hill (yes Hill) are locks.

This year’s Patrick Cobb?

Well the locks are

Michel
White
Burkhead
Bolden
and Develin

Then one of Hill, Gill or Webb makes it I'd think. Unless one of the others gets hurt. Personally I would be fine cutting Bolden. As I have said before, I know he plays a lot of STs but I practically never see him MAKE A PLAY on STs. In the past few years I have seen him screw up more than make a play on that unit.

With that being the case I would be fine cutting him and putting Webb in provided he can play STs too.

If it comes down to Webb vs Hill than you almost have to go with Hill as you want that vet big back that you can depend on if something happens to Michel for a while.

Well the locks are

Michel
White
Burkhead
Bolden
and Develin

Then one of Hill, Gill or Webb makes it I'd think. Unless one of the others gets hurt. Personally I would be fine cutting Bolden. As I have said before, I know he plays a lot of STs but I practically never see him MAKE A PLAY on STs. In the past few years I have seen him screw up more than make a play on that unit.

With that being the case I would be fine cutting him and putting Webb in provided he can play STs too.

If it comes down to Webb vs Hill than you almost have to go with Hill as you want that vet big back that you can depend on if something happens to Michel for a while.

2014 Bolden had 3 huge plays, a forced fumble in the "on to Cincinnati" game, a blocked punt vs San Diego and a huge block on an Edelman punt return TD.

He's one of the top 10-15 special teams guys in the league and - unlike most other elite ST - can fill in in a pinch if needed on offense.

Austin Carr 2.0: Running Back Edition

2014 Bolden had 3 huge plays, a forced fumble in the "on to Cincinnati" game, a blocked punt vs San Diego and a huge block on an Edelman punt return TD.

He's one of the top 10-15 special teams guys in the league and - unlike most other elite ST - can fill in in a pinch if needed on offense.
Also, in Super Bowl 49 he knocked Cliff Avril out of the game with a legal block in pass protection.

Also, in Super Bowl 49 he knocked Cliff Avril out of the game with a legal block in pass protection.

I thought that was when Edelman collided with him.

For a back who averaged something like 3.5 yds/carry, Webb is getting a lot of love

For a back who averaged something like 3.5 yds/carry, Webb is getting a lot of love

What is the deal with people who can't stand to see the rest of us enjoy an unexpected preseason performance from a mostly unknown kid?

Somehow I doubt you just trying to save us from the emotional toll seeing yet another preseason star not make the team. We're tough, we can take it.

Every team in the NFL has a preseason hero running back. I hope the kid keeps going, but he'd need special teams value to make it. Something to get excited about in the hellscape that is the preseason, though.

The two 2-pt conversions are not reflected in the stats, and one of them was an exceptional catch on a bad throw.

One TD run was from the 1 yard line, so that is all that was possible.

In general he hit the holes hard, always fell forward, and got all there was to get. In short, he did a lot of what you want to see.

I was intrigued. What is the tape on him on QB protection??

Webb played in 49 college games at Vanderbilt and rushed for a total of 4178 yards and 32 touchdowns. He also hauled in 68 catches for 572 yards and 3 touchdowns. He had 16 games of at least 100 rushing yards. Webb's career rushing total ranks No. 6 all-time among SEC running backs. Among Webb's additional Vanderbilt records: single-season rushing yards (1,283), rushing yards by a junior (1,283), rushing yards by a sophomore (1,152) and rushing yards by a freshman (907).

This kid's no slouch.

Every team in the NFL has a preseason hero running back. I hope the kid keeps going, but he'd need special teams value to make it. Something to get excited about in the hellscape that is the preseason, though.

Hmmm ...

Not one or two, but FOUR seasons of exceptional production against SEC competition (but also fumbled a lot).

Hgt/wgt nearly identical to White (5092/202).
... 4.49/40, 1.60 10yd .. 27 reps .. 36" vert .. 122" lj .. 4.15 ss .. 7.13 3-cone

Has made more out of his limited opportunities so far than most UDFA rookie RBs (trying to figure out how he went undrafted), certainly way more than Gillislee did.

I'm really hoping he gets some early game snaps against Philly so that we can see if he's a mirage or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back