PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

R.I.P. Sam Cunningham

Sam Bam was one of my favorite players when i first started watching the pats. He was thunderbolt and Mack Herron was light foot. This death thing is getting out of hand. RIP Sam Cunningham

Last edited:
Here's a pic of Sam Bam with the Stinger and our own Andy Johnson....dyam I loved these guys...

DdXAluMU0AAOS-g

Randall Cunningham is Sam’s younger brother.

I would put on the Patriots uniform my grandparents bought me for Christmas. Fasten the chin strap of my Pat Patriot helmet and practice jumping over the goal line just like Sam Bam onto my bed. R.I.P Sam Cunningham.

That mid 70's team, what a joy it was to us long suffering Pats fans of the Sullivan error... er...um... era.
Damn, sometimes you just get to feeling your years

RIP Sam Bam

Last edited:
RIP, Sam.

Here's a pic of Sam Bam with the Stinger and our own Andy Johnson....dyam I loved these guys...

DdXAluMU0AAOS-g
Damn its also sad seeing Stingley b4 the dirty hit changed his life. He was still a young man when it happened. To this day, no apology from the scumbag- who-wont-be-named.

R.I.P Sam, a little before my time but I have read a lot about him. and seen a lot of highlights. A true Patriot. This has been a bad week . My condolences to his family and loved ones.

that unnamed person is D-E-A-D...just sayin'

Since we are just sayin' about that individual, at least he did get a somewhat karmic ending. Not that anyone should suffer miserably on their way out of Dodge but if someone has to he at least had a bit of it coming. Still his suffering and its duration (it was multiple amputation bad) was less than he inflicted, hence the 'somewhat' karmic ending. Even Grogan, a gentleman's gentleman, when asked for a comment upon his passing said "I just can't do it" as he couldn't think of anything good to say.

Man, I love me some Steve Grogan.

One of my strangest (?) memories is a recent one...learning that he was the older brother of Randall Cunningham.

One of my strangest (?) memories is a recent one...learning that he was the older brother of Randall Cunningham.

One of my strangest memories was reading this post 30 seconds ago. How did I not know this?

One of my strangest memories was reading this post 30 seconds ago. How did I not know this?

It was a different time. We knew considerably less about everyone else and for the most part were better off for it.

He was a favorite of mine. If you got a seat down near the field, you could hear him hit the line.

RIP Sam "The Bam" Cunningham.

BTW - was "The Bam" some sort of Western Mass thing? I'm only seeing "Bam" in the on line obits.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back