PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Questions regarding draft points value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've been looking at the value of draft picks and I'm not sure that they are even close to correct.

What I mean is that lets say the Jags wanted to move down to 22 and get a second round pick, well for us to move up there it would cost us 22 and 53 and we would be getting a good deal there by points valuation.

10(1200) for 22(780) + 53(370) = 1150 total.

For me this deal looks like a bad deal when you actually look at the draft and who is available. I'd rather my 22 and 53. Does this points valuation change depending on the year? like for me this year is very deep and as a result the points valuation would not drop nearly as much from pick to pick.

Just wondering if somebody could shed some light on this for me. I want to do a Patriots draft and I was thinking that the Jags might be good trading partners but not at this cost.

Last edited:
I've been looking at the value of draft picks and I'm not sure that they are even close to correct.

What I mean is that lets say the Jags wanted to move down to 22 and get a second round pick, well for us to move up there it would cost us 22 and 53 and we would be getting a good deal there by points valuation.

For me this deal looks like a bad deal when you actually look at the draft and who is available. I'd rather my 22 and 53. Does this points valuation change depending on the year? like for me this year is very deep and as a result the points valuation would not drop nearly as much from pick to pick.

Just wondering if somebody could shed some light on this for me. I want to do a Patriots draft and I was thinking that the Jags might be good trading partners but not at this cost.

For the most part it doesn't change. There have been a couple of independently made charts that devalue the higher picks and give a more equitable distribution through the top 20.

It's not the law of the land, more of a guideline but I know what you mean.

All you are saying is that you woun't make the trade, given your evaluation of the what is available at 22 and 53. Many folks would make the trade in a heartbeat, depending on who is there (perhaps for Morgan or for McClain).

The value chart is a guideline. It take two. For example, if no one want to trade into the top 5, then it won't happen.

It's a good guideline, but teams are always restricted by the picks they actually have. Swapping picks in a round is often a good way to squeeze out more value.

the values changed a while ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents