PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quasi-OT: Garoppolo starts Sunday against da Bears

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
49ers announce Jimmy Garoppolo will start Sunday vs. Bears

Why does Jimmy still fascinate? Brady is the GOAT... my favorite player of all time... and yet I want to check out the game... but Jimmy's gone... weird...

source.gif

o_O

I woudn't do it. More experience in system, better career.

I wish the game was available here on tv

Quasi Evil

O/U on number of years Jimmy G will be starting for the 49ers: 2.5.

What d'ya got? I'm taking the over.

Ooh, the Chicago boy starting his 49ers career at Soldier Field! I'll bet half of his home town will be there, deeply torn in their loyalties. :)

O/U on number of years Jimmy G will be starting for the 49ers: 2.5.

What d'ya got? I'm taking the over.
Over. I'm closer to thinking he can be a legit top 10 QB than not. 49ers have to extend him if they like what they see.

Over. I'm closer to thinking he can be a legit top 10 QB than not. 49ers have to extend him if they like what they see.
I think “top 10” is an arbitrary expectation, really. I think they have to extend him, almost no way they won’t beyond a Manziel style flameout (which won’t happen). But if he plays really really well - understanding that it may not be borne out in traditional QB numbers alone because of the team around him - if he does that, his contract will look more like a real starter contract and less Osweiler-y.

I honestly don’t think there’s ANYTHING he can do on the field these last 5 weeks that definitively proves it one way or the other, though many here will beg to differ and come 2020 or so we’ll all claim we “knew” one way or the other in hindsight. So I think the contract he gets will be indicative of what the coaches see behind the scenes in terms of leadership and work ethic and what they can reasonably project from that. JG certainly had a good mentor in that regard...personally I’d say he’s got the tools, has had all the prepatory advantages, time to apply it.

(also don’t get hurt)

Excited to watch him play vs Bears...he and Trubisky could really be part of next Gen at QB - obviously Wentz, Goff, Watson already playing well too. Still think Bears should’ve been front of the line backing up the truck for JG in a trade this spring, but Trubisky has flashed a good arm and been a good athlete who’s made plays with his legs too. This will probably be a terrible football game all things considered, but interesting nonetheless.

****ing Beathard! Why the **** did you have to get hurt. Now the niners are going to win the next 5 games. ****ing hell! this is really bad!:mad:

Wish him the best. Hopefully he can show lots but their d still effs it up. That pick is valuable.

Ooh, the Chicago boy starting his 49ers career at Soldier Field! I'll bet half of his home town will be there, deeply torn in their loyalties. :)
If JG plays well and beats the Bears that really will sadden Bears fans who wanted him as their QB.

New “Jimmy Montana” era...:cool:

As long as Alladin's winning doesn't impact New England, I wish him every success.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back