PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB vs HC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you didn't want to get caught up in an excursion?

Your post are awful. They reek of old man smell and old spice.

Obviously Warner was a lot farther ahead of Brady. You must have missed the part where I said look at the teams as a whole. Look at all 3 units.

Again though, football 101. You need your guys to execute that scheme. You can't just run anyone out there and expect it to work bc of scheme. It doesn't work that way.

Some players are better fits for different systems. Zone/Gap, Man, Press, Inverted etc and on and on.

You need the right players.
I guess the NFL should take the Belichick Super Bowl XXV defense out of the Hall of Fame.

If the talent was that lopsided we wouldn't have held them to about 40 points in both times we played them that year.

Also lets not pretend like going for fg instead of sitting on it was some brilliant decision. We've seen teams do that forever.

Sorry you're old and have no idea what you're talking about. Go whinge and weep some more.

I knew the Pats were for real when they played that Rams team well during the season. If not for a fumble down at the goal line they could have won that game. Instead they won all their remaining games.

I knew the Pats were for real when they played that Rams team well during the season. If not for a fumble down at the goal line they could have won that game. Instead they won all their remaining games.
Rams had all the hype. Remember this was back when we were still a laughing stock to a lot of league.

We obviously had tons of talent or again would have been blown out.

Bill puts his stamp on every game but it's the players that make it go ... Credit due though it's Bill that picks the talent. He's a football god.

I wasn't trying to make it a Brady vs Belichick argument, though I do believe that QB's are more important than HC's. What I thought I showed was that more below average HC's make it than below average QB's
My apologies for the misunderstanding. Though, I wouldn’t say that a lot of those guys are below average. Maybe below average all-time, but a lot of those guys are tops in the league at the time. BB, Coughlin, Reid, the Harbaughs (I hate to admit that). Jury is still out on Shanahan and McVay, but they are both very forward thinking offensively. Payton, Carrol and Holmgren have been great for the game as well. Really though, my apologies for misunderstanding the intent of your post. My bad.

I'm a big Belichick fan, loved him the first time around with the Patriots in the 1990s, and believe he's 50% responsible for all of this, with Tom being the other 50%, but he has set himself up for a negative narrative if Tom does well in TB, which I expect.

He'll always be the NFLs greatest coach, but this might leave a stigma in attracting FAs and in getting top Patriots to stay here.

If Belichick were 10 years younger, I'd have more faith in him that he could overcome it. But how many more years does he have? The same doubts he had about Brady's longevity are going to be used against Belichick by players who need to decided to remain with or join the Patriots.

I still feel he would have done himself credit by coming to an arrangement with Tom long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back