SOURCE:NFL.com

SOURCE:mlive.com

SOURCE:Times and Democrat

SOURCE:CBS Boston

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

QB development pattern . The Brady blueprint.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Coolade, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +9,278
    People forget that Brady led the NFL in TDs in 2002. He was a talent from the get go, even if he didn't approach GOAT levels until 2007.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,418
    The things that impressed me most about TB12 were his clutch plays. He very rarely missed when he was needed. He reminded me of Bird in that regard.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. 1960Pats

1960Pats PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12,418
    That ability to throw an accurate swing pass is very important and was one of the first things I noticed about Brady, especially compared to Drew, who wasn't accurate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. zydecochris

zydecochris PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,010
    Sigh...It is true that Tom Brady had and has a genius level of football smarts. But just because his foot speed was slow doesn't mean that he wasn't and isn't a phenomenal athlete. The former Montreal Expos GM says that if he had played baseball instead of football he could have been a Hall of Fame catcher. Tom Brady has absolutely amazing hand eye coordination.

Heck, Larry Bird was also slow and couldn't jump much but both nobody (with any sense) says that he wasn't a superior athlete (his hand eye coordination was also superior).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Coolade

Coolade Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +64
    NFL Network showing replays of early SB wins. The funny thing ( not really) is Brady's best game was the one he didn't get the MVP.. SB 39 against Philly. He threw the ball really well, great stats no picks. 110.2 passer rating!

Branch caught a bunch of balls and fell down after every catch. The MVP goes to the receiver who caught the passes but who threw the ball.? Really ? but they just couldn't give Brady another one .

6. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +911
    A large number of posters on this forum were arguing in 2003 that Brady was the best in the NFL at the time, better than Peyton Manning. I didn't change my mind until mid-season 2004 but I well remember the tenor of the times. Brady was NOT a system QB in 2003; he was already being called the best in the NFL by a lot of (perhaps biased) Patriots fans.

7. Coolade

Coolade Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +64
    He developed fast but he had the confidence to LEARN ON THE JOB... The issue is what happens if Bledsoe doesn't get hurt? The timing was perfect relative to brady being young and hungry and quasi ready... cuz it still was a conservative offense they ran but it worked. Hence the thread.. haha