PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

QB and Oline Coaches

Sounds good to me

I understand the criticism of Judge and Patricia but I think people are taking it way to far if you don't think these guys are qualified to be a position coach even if they have been more defensive or STs minded in their careers.

People would rather Bill hire someone we never heard of and had no experience on this team just so they can say Bill did something new.

Judge and Patricia have a history of getting things done for BB in a manner that BB clearly liked or they wouldn't have risen through the ranks.

I think we should all be thrilled to have guys with head coach experience, BB experience, and system experience to coach some position groups.

I have a slight concern over play calling duties but if the positions are well coached and a good game plan installed I think play calling wouldn't be that tricky.

I understand the criticism of Judge and Patricia but I think people are taking it way to far if you don't think these guys are qualified to be a position coach even if they have been more defensive or STs minded in their careers.

People would rather Bill hire someone we never heard of and had no experience on this team just so they can say Bill did something new.

Judge and Patricia have a history of getting things done for BB in a manner that BB clearly liked or they wouldn't have risen through the ranks.

I think we should all be thrilled to have guys with head coach experience, BB experience, and system experience to coach some position groups.

I have a slight concern over play calling duties but if the positions are well coached and a good game plan installed I think play calling wouldn't be that tricky.

That is a good point. I didnt think of that. Judge still scares me though.

The heck

Joe Judge was the HC of the NYG for two seasons in which the Giants offense was horribly bad and their young QB regressed.

Matt Patricia was the HC of the Detroit Lions for two plus seasons with a now Super Bowl winning QB taking snaps and the offense was a disgrace.

Neither of these men should have the responsibility of running an offense or further developing a still young QB,

This is the coaching staff equivalent of the Malcolm Butler benching. Belichick is willfully sabotaging his team’s chance of success because he has selfish motives more important to him than winning.

Ask yourself people. With this in his background, should Matt Patricia have a high profile position with an public business.

1645461648859.jpeg

Those 2 a very qualified to be position coaches and it's win because of continuity.

while they didn’t play the positions professionally, Patricia was a college O-Lineman, and Judge a QB. Patricia also coached line earlier in his career.

Joe Judge was the HC of the NYG for two seasons in which the Giants offense was horribly bad and their young QB regressed.

Matt Patricia was the HC of the Detroit Lions for two plus seasons with a now Super Bowl winning QB taking snaps and the offense was a disgrace.

Neither of these men should have the responsibility of running an offense or further developing a still young QB,

This is the coaching staff equivalent of the Malcolm Butler benching. Belichick is willfully sabotaging his team’s chance of success because he has selfish motives more important to him than winning.

Ask yourself people. With this in his background, should Matt Patricia have a high profile position with an public business.

View attachment 41301

So let's chill out:

Being a HC is _wildly_ different than being a position coach. Until you confront that, your argument doesn't hold up. And when you do confront it, you'll be given example after example of folks who have the tools to be good position coaches/coordinators, but are garbage HC's. Does this mean what they did as an HC is entirely dismissable? No. But it barely holds much weight in this case.

The Matty P. case is... Well, sorry man, but you watch the NFL. We have housed crazy ass players as an org before. The NFL is full of coaches that are bad people. The NFL is ridiculously violent, among many other things, so I'm not sure if going on a thread of morality makes much sense. If we want to be "morale", we wouldn't be watching the NFL lol.

What I see in these hires is a sense of need from Belichick for continuity. The rebuild has been established with the key player, Mac Jones, having a year of the "system" under his belt. Better to get folks who can be a seamless transition rather than someone who will be learning _with_ Mac.

I don't get how Patricia and Judge signal an impending tragedy.
They were good enough coaches here to garner enough respect to receive head coaching positions. They did bomb in those positions, but it seems like the guys that McDaniels left with are deemed more worthy of our trust. Many PATS fans are bummed about the guys we lost even though they're nowhere near what Judge and Patricia were when we lost them. Now they're back, more experienced by a mile, and with very little pressure.
I'm just waiting to see what happens before despair takes over. Too many former HCs have done well after bombing and Mac was who he is before meeting Hardegree and Lombardi.

An interesting excerpt from Reiss:

. Staff taking shape: The more time passes, the feeling from this reporter is that it's less likely the Patriots' coaching staff has any more major additions. If that's the case, this is how I view the core of the staff, with some specific roles/titles/responsibilities still to be determined.

• Offense: Nick Caley, Matt Patricia, Joe Judge, Troy Brown, Vinnie Sunseri, Billy Yates, Tyler Hughes
  • Defense: Steve Belichick, Jerod Mayo, DeMarcus Covington, Mike Pellegrino, Brian Belichick, Ross Douglas
  • Special teams: Cameron Achord, Joe Houston

Jeez...

I guess they don't give a sh*t about Mac's development...time for some more QB sneaks on 3rd and 9...

From what Zo said Fat Matt will also be the play caller, which to me is terrifying. He’s never coached offence and never called plays before.

From what Zo said Fat Matt will also be the play caller, which to me is terrifying. He’s never coached offence and never called plays before.
If that’s true …I’m looking forward to this.

I guess Brady broke Bill too.

Well he did such a great job developing Daniel Jones.

Matt P does have play calling experience, it's just all on defense. I would feel better having BOB, O'Shea or Schulpinski as OC.

I get Matt P. being O-line coach, he has spent a lot of time game planning on how to attack an O-line so he should be able to coach them. Joe Judge as QB coach is worrisome. When I heard Joe Judge was coming back I was hoping it was for special teams.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back