PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Q.I. Sports Mock Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

broadwayjoe

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is a 2 round mock draft and it has the Patriots selecting.

23. Brian Cushing LB USC
34. Darius Butler CB UCONN

I like this mock because it has highlights of the players. Hope you enjoy it also.

http://qisports.com/nfldraft.html

Last edited:
You forgot to mention Connor Barwin at No. 47 and William Moore (who they call Michael Moore) at No. 58. This would be a lovely draft.

You forgot to mention Connor Barwin at No. 47 and William Moore (who they call Michael Moore) at No. 58. This would be a lovely draft.

I think we are set at CB!! We have Bodden, Springs, Hobbs, Wheatley, Wilhite.

I think we need to pick up a guard or a O-tackle to get younger and add more depth at the Oline. We need to protect Brady :D

Thanks for adding that info I got caught up watching highlights (smile) But you're right I would like those picks.

I think we are set at CB!! We have Bodden, Springs, Hobbs, Wheatley, Wilhite.

I think we need to pick up a guard or a O-tackle to get younger and add more depth at the Oline. We need to protect Brady :D

I agree with this. CB seems solidified and competitive with the addition of Bodden and Springs. Doesn't mean they won't draft a CB but I doubt it's on Day 1 now.

OLB, DE-OLB tweener, OL and SS seem like the first 4 picks for us. If BB has a player he intends to add via FA, JTaylor or JPeppers all bets are off how the picks will be used....

I would have no complaints if that is the first day went. I would prefer guys who were available after the picks that they made, Matthews, Beatty, Kruger.

They got Jasper Brinkley in the 2nd round. DJ Moore seems like a Patriots type player. -

You can never have enough quality cornerbacks.

I see it as the least of our needs (along with RB), but I wouldn't be adverse to us using a second rounder on one.

I presume that you would cut one of the players we just signed. Or perhaps you think that we are going into the season with six corners?

You can never have enough quality cornerbacks.

I see it as the least of our needs (along with RB), but I wouldn't be adverse to us using a second rounder on one.

I presume that you would cut one of the players we just signed. Or perhaps you think that we are going into the season with six corners?
I think 6 CB is a possibility as they can usually be good ST players. I'm not expecting a high pick at CB but with Hobbs and Bodden UFA after this year, Wheatley and Wilhite unproven and Spings both an age an injury risk, it's very possible they'll take a CB they like and go with 6.

I think 6 CB is a possibility as they can usually be good ST players. I'm not expecting a high pick at CB but with Hobbs and Bodden UFA after this year, Wheatley and Wilhite unproven and Spings both an age an injury risk, it's very possible they'll take a CB they like and go with 6.

This makes a lot of sense and is very logical. But how high do the go in the draft for one? One of the 3 round two's? Our third is what? #89? Isn't that about where we drafted Samuals? Maybe all the moves at CB are a smokescreen to take Vontae Davis at #23. Did I just say that? Egads!

Unless they are concerned about one of the W's being a wash-out, I'd probably grab a corner that's an UDFA. That said, Sean Smith sounds like he can play Safety, as well. If so, and he and springs are both able to flip-flop, it might cover a need in the secondary, while adding a player for the future at the same time, maximizing the roster space.

This makes a lot of sense and is very logical. But how high do the go in the draft for one? One of the 3 round two's? Our third is what? #89? Isn't that about where we drafted Samuals?
As usual, I think it would be where value meets talent on the board. If they love a guy at #23 they could do it there. Or it could be in the 4th round like Samuel. Or not at all.

With possible picks at WR (Galloway old), OT (Kaczur just OK), OG (Neal always hurt, Mankins UFA), DT (Wilfork UFA), DE (Seymour UFA), OLB (Vrabel gone), ILB (Bruschi old, Guyton unproven), Safety (nothing behind starters) and CB there are plenty of ways to use these picks.

The best news is that other than OLB and ILB none are really need picks right now so they can do BPA from many positions.

I would have no complaints if that is the first day went. I would prefer guys who were available after the picks that they made, Matthews, Beatty, Kruger.

I would agree. I like the Barwin and Moore picks (though I would prefer Louis Delmas, who went #51) but I don't like the Cushing and Butler picks. I don't like Cushing for us at all. I like Butler, but don't see a CB.

Robert Ayers, William Beatty, Connor Barwin and William Moore would be very nice.

As usual, I think it would be where value meets talent on the board. If they love a guy at #23 they could do it there. Or it could be in the 4th round like Samuel. Or not at all.

With possible picks at WR (Galloway old), OT (Kaczur just OK), OG (Neal always hurt, Mankins UFA), DT (Wilfork UFA), DE (Seymour UFA), OLB (Vrabel gone), ILB (Bruschi old, Guyton unproven), Safety (nothing behind starters) and CB there are plenty of ways to use these picks.

The best news is that other than OLB and ILB none are really need picks right now so they can do BPA from many positions.

Again, 100% agreement with your analysis and opinions. No real gaping "holes" except for the vacancy at OLB with the Vrabel trade. The regular posters all seem to assumed a FA plugged in here. Peppers, J Taylor, etc.

This being the case I see our draft "needs" as OLB, DE-OLB tweener type, SS,ILB and OL. In that order too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft