PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PSA: Patriots are now the #7 seed [edit: now the #6 seed post-week 11]

6th seed now! Maintaining will be a challenge though, it's about to get rough

6th seed now! Maintaining will be a challenge though, it's about to get rough
Hell it’s BEEN rough ! Haha. This team is #6 AND lost to………. The Bears !

We need to go 4-3.

4-3 would get it done. Somewhat a chance that 3-4 and 9-8 overall would too if one of those wins is Cincy:

That would give Cincy 5 losses and we'd only need 3 more losses from them to: @ TEN, vs, KC , vs CLE, @ TB, vs Bills, vs Ravens (week 18 though, unsure if they will have a reason to play). I can see 3 losses in there but again, must win our game head to head with them.

Jets (6-4) would have: vs CHI, @ MIN, @ BUF, vs. DET, vs JAX, @ SEA, @ MIA. I could see them losing one of the easier 3 games and 3 of the tougher 4 games. Wilson is really really bad.

Chargers have a tough schedule too and need 4 losses: KC right now, @ ARI, @ LVR, vs. MIA, vs TEN, @ IND, vs, LAR, @ DEN. This one's up in the air but possible, wouldn't be needed though if the above 2 scenarios go our way.

Of course would much much rather go 10-7 but I'm leaning towards 9-8 would get it done too.

Performance wise it has been rough! I mainly meant schedule wise. The Jets are better than anticipated but those of us optimistic folks saw us at 6-4 or even 7-3 at this point heading into the tougher stretch.

I would like to get excited ... and it is admirable where we are.
But the OL play is subpar ... how much money can we throw at Dante to lure him back?

I would like to get excited ... and it is admirable where we are.
But the OL play is subpar ... how much money can we throw at Dante to lure him back?

I agree about the OL but I'm gonna be hopeful until we are mathematicaly eliminated. Always a chance to get it going on that side. They've got to try something new at C IMO if ANdrews is out as expected, don't care if it's Russey out there what we got to lose ? IF the OL ever does get it together we could be a dangerous team

What if we go the no huddle and play action on steroids with ball being out within 2 seconds . This could help minimize our OLine inefficiencies and I saw Mac doing good being outside the pocket . Maybe with the way the OLine is, being a statue in pocket is useless.

The OL sucks ...no doubt about it....but MAC has to improve his pocket awareness. He can not just stand back there like a statue. Terrible QB coaching. Move laterally or step up in the pocket. No one is asking him to be Lamar Jackson, but he looks like he is made of stone.

The OL sucks ...no doubt about it....but MAC has to improve his pocket awareness. He can not just stand back there like a statue. Terrible QB coaching. Move laterally or step up in the pocket. No one is asking him to be Lamar Jackson, but he looks like he is made of stone.

There's also gotta be a reciever out there who's feet he can throw at when the protection breaks down. He was good today passing wise but has to stop taking so many of these sacks. The good quarterbacks find ways to throw the ball away when inside the pocket too.

The sad part is that BB does so many things great, but identifying offensive talent like QB is not one of them.

Brady was a fluke and throwaway draft pick. There is no way that BB knew the GOAT sitting there and skipped over him 5 times. If BB traded every 2000 draft pick and then some to move up to # 1 and take Brady it would be remembered as pure genius.
Their are 5 QBs from the Pats organization currently starting in the NFL. Brady, Garrapollo, Jones, Brissett and Heinicke.

It’s not like one guy hitting him at times it is 3 or 4 getting to him. They are getting to the running backs too. Last game against the Bills the Jets sacked Josh Allen 5 times, there is way too much second guessing with Jones. The OL is not bad it’s putrid, Andrews and Wynn are out and Trent Brown is a freaking statue.

Their are 5 QBs from the Pats organization currently starting in the NFL. Brady, Garrapollo, Jones, Brissett and Heinicke.
Super Bowl winning QBs.

The Jets have 2 starting NFL QBs.. Are you too g to clam that they are good finding QBs.

Brisset is being replaced by Watson. Jimmy is a losing streak away from the bench.

Heinicke?

Bears are much better than they were early in the season. Tough out for anyone right now with their offense. (not to mention we faced their defense before they had their fire sale)

Brisset is being replaced by Watson. Jimmy is a losing streak away from the bench.

Heinicke?
Was on our practice squad

The Chiefs really have the inside track for that 1 seed unfortunately which means that in all likelihood the 7 seed is facing either the winner of the AFC East or Tennessee.

As a second year QB Mac needs to improve a lot of things, including when to get rid of the ball instead of taking a sack when no one is open. Yesterday the Jets defenders were on him so fast that his only option was to turtle and avoid a fumble there was no time to throw the ball away.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back