PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Day Results

But the contract he got makes him basicly untradeable - 33m over 2 years ! They could still do as you points out, but then Johnny would have to sit the first year and learn.... And what happens if Sam plays a season without a injury?

I don't know if that's an untradeable contract anymore with QBs getting 20m plus.

@caplannfl: Lonnie Ballentine/S/Memphis... Pro Day #s: 6-3, 219, ran 4.38-4.40, 38 VJ, 18 Bench. Worked out for NE; visits with Az, KC soon.

giphy.gif

Wow. I'm intrigued.

But the contract he got makes him basicly untradeable - 33m over 2 years ! They could still do as you points out, but then Johnny would have to sit the first year and learn.... And what happens if Sam plays a season without a injury?
The contract lowers his value but he has enough perceived value to be able to trade him for something decent. As for whether he stays healthy, he hasn't impressed me when he's played, he looks like he'll top out at above average to me.

I'm ruling the Rams out as a team that will take JFF but not as one that should.

If I were them I'd draft JFF #2, hope to get Evans with their second #1 and trade Bradford for as much as I could get. Add Evans to Austin and Stacy with JFF and things could get interesting.

Bradford is an overrated albatross with mediocre play, always getting hurt and owed $30M the next two years.

Completely agree that would be a good play the thing is I don't know what they could get for Bradford.

I'm ruling the Rams out as a team that will take JFF but not as one that should.

If I were them I'd draft JFF #2, hope to get Evans with their second #1 and trade Bradford for as much as I could get. Add Evans to Austin and Stacy with JFF and things could get interesting.

Bradford is an overrated albatross with mediocre play, always getting hurt and owed $30M the next two years.

If I was some sort of pathetic, pedantic putz, I'd say something like:

Would you give this man 30 Million Dollars???

sam-bradford-football-headshot-photo.jpg

I just thank God I've got more Class than that. :snob:

hqdefault.jpg

I missed this. Rutgers DE Marcus Thompson (6-2, 260lbs) ran a 4.57 at his pro day inclusing a 6.87 3-cone:

Going by his Pro Day numbers, Thompson arguably had the best day of anyone, jumping 33-5 in the vertical jump, 10-4 in the broad jump and running 6.87, 4.33 and 11.63 in the 3-cone, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle drills, respectively. His 4.57 40-yard dash was also considered strong.

http://www.mycentraljersey.com/arti...20063/Rutgers-football-Pro-Day?nclick_check=1

There's talk about him switching to the offense (or at least trying):

To see Marcus Thompson running routes and catching passes at Rutgers Pro Day on Wednesday was weird, as was the 6-foot-2, 260-pound defensive lineman discussing the possibility of doing those things at the professional level.

Then again, maybe it isn’t so crazy once you consider his history.

Long before the Oakland Park, Fla. native registered 5.5 sacks and 51 tackles as a true senior for the Scarlet Knights in 2013, Thompson came to Rutgers out of Boyd Anderson High School as a running back, amassing 832 yards and four touchdowns as a senior.

He split limited playing time as a freshman in 2010 between fullback and defensive lineman before moving to the defensive side of the ball full-time in 2011.

Now, as he continues to ready himself for a shot in the NFL, Thompson will not rule out the possibility of running a route here or catching a pass there if it is asked of him.

Thats a real gem you have found there Manx - Wonder how he could go this fare unknown to this community? "Jack of all trades, master of none" is a REAL BB player.

Tackle Austin Wentworth timed 5.06 in the forty, 4.54s in the short shuttle as well as completing 29 reps on the bench and 28.5 inches in the vertical jump. All good marks.

Altippett has had him in his mocks for months.

At least he doesn't even need to punch a cop to be a day 3 option. :D

Nice athleticism, but from what little I can tell his production has been minimal. Maybe others know more about him.

Very minimal by all accounts (like played in only one game minimal).

It's interesting that I saw that 3-cone compared to Revis' which was pretty remarkable. Even more remarkable for me was Revis' 10 yard split of 1.48 :eek:

Can someone remind me why teams waited until the middle of the first to take Revis?

At least he doesn't even need to punch a cop to be a day 3 option. :D

Nice athleticism, but from what little I can tell his production has been minimal. Maybe others know more about him.

Nate Ebner and Malcolm Williams suggests that This guy might be on the radar. He will draft DBs without significant production. And this guy fits Ebner's athleticism profile.

Our local paper reported Bloomsburg University had their pro-day yesterday. One of the board binkies Larry Webster Jr. worked out at te and de. In the te positional drills he didn't drop any passes. Shouldn't be a big surprise. He did play hoops for 3 years. I've seen Mel and McShay talk about him. I think he's going to go much earlier than people think. A few years ago Jahri Evans went in the 5th to NO. I think Webster might go in the 4th now. Due to success Evans had and his pedigree. Pops played in the NFL.

Our local paper reported Bloomsburg University had their pro-day yesterday. One of the board binkies Larry Webster Jr. worked out at te and de. In the te positional drills he didn't drop any passes. Shouldn't be a big surprise. He did play hoops for 3 years. I've seen Mel and McShay talk about him. I think he's going to go much earlier than people think. A few years ago Jahri Evans went in the 5th to NO. I think Webster might go in the 4th now. Due to success Evans had and his pedigree. Pops played in the NFL.

Webster has HOF sleeper, small school, binkie written all over him.

Wow, Webster as a tight end is intriguing. His build and the way he moves just look wrong for a DE -- all long limbs and downfield strides. Take a look at his combine workout drills:
2014 Combine workout: Bloomsburg defensive end Larry Webster - NFL Videos

He numbers at combine vs Ebron are much better, hands from basketball, what not to like? Round 3-4 TE thing

I was just reading the WR Kelvin Benjamin thread, and was amused by this thought:

Benjamin 6'5" 240 4.61 32.5" 09'11"

Webster 6'5 3/4" 252 4.58 36.5" 10'03"

That being said, not only is Webster a total projection, but I'm not sold on his ability to make quick cuts. Slow 3-cone, and in workouts he kept stumbling when he had to change direction.

Nate Ebner and Malcolm Williams suggests that This guy might be on the radar. He will draft DBs without significant production...

Exactly. Tavon Wilson is proof of that.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back