PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pretty good article about J.C. Jackson

Pretty good is a weird framing be considering that the article illuminates the fact that he is a thug POS.
He's not a #1 cover corner. But some team will be dumb enough to pay him like one. It won't be New England. So at least it will make it easier for me to see him leave because I don't want to have to root for trash. That's the only good thing that came out of this article for me.
But that's the NFL in a nutshell. Great things happening to bad people.

Pretty good is a weird framing be considering that the article illuminates the fact that he is a thug POS.
He's not a #1 cover corner. But some team will be dumb enough to pay him like one. It won't be New England. So at least it will make it easier for me to see him leave because I don't want to have to root for trash. That's the only good thing that came out of this article for me.
How’d you get that? The article frames him as a young man who got in around the wrong crowds, made mistakes, worked hard, and now has his life back on track.

I agree that he isn’t a number 1, and his mega deal won’t come in New England. Not sure if we’ll see him get franchised either. What will the price be, 17-19M? I’d also hate to see him go and the team get nothing in return either.

Seriously? Many NFL players aren't saints. He seemed like someone who had a tough upbringing who could have easily gone the wrong way. Instead he worked hard and responded to the discipline of BB and team. I read that article and felt good that he was able to overcome his background and youthful mistakes to become the Patriots #1 cornerback in 2021. He has said that he wants to return to the Pats, I hope that he and the team can work it out.

Youth has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows well before they reach teenhood that robbing people at gunpoint is wrong. He's just a dirtbag. But I fully expected this type of response. If he's on another team, Tyreke Hill, for example people call him out for what he is. If he is on your team a large part of the fanbase will make excuses, rationalize and justify. It's one of the more gross aspects of NFL fandom. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don't like the guy knowing what I know now. People are obviously free to disagree.

It's absolutely incredible that BB can somehow routinely find diamonds out of UDFA cornerbacks. JC Jackson, Malcolm Butler, Jon Jones. JC has earned every penny he gets later, he's an elite ball hawk who is also solid against the run.

BB's aces out of UDFA CB's really makes up for so many high-draft-pick busts at CB.

And how many corners has Bill given second contracts to other than Gilmore? Somebody will overpay him. It won't be Bill. It seems like he feels like he can coach up that position and he isn't going to break the bank for a guy unless he is special, top three at his position let's say. Jackson is a very good, but not great corner. I would be stunned if he is back here next year.

It's absolutely incredible that BB can somehow routinely find diamonds out of UDFA cornerbacks. JC Jackson, Malcolm Butler, Jon Jones. JC has earned every penny he gets later, he's an elite ball hawk who is also solid against the run.

BB's aces out of UDFA CB's really makes up for so many high-draft-pick busts at CB.
All the more justification I think (in Bill's) mind to not give him top dollar and let him walk.

There are two things in play here. 1. is JC a good person who learned from his mistakes. 2. Is he worth top money as an elite corner. Cam2HarryGOAT is right that 1 is a personal opinion. While members of polite society would agree that you should know not to rob people by the time you are 18, you can't underestimate the pressure on these guys to stay true to the hood and the values that they grow up with. Jackson seems a little different from the other diamonds in that he was a legitimate prospect who ended up in junior college because of his mistakes vs others who blossomed at smaller unknown schools. I am hoping that the two come together in the form of appreciation for what the team did for him and his acceptance of a realistic contract. He is less of a pay me now attitude than Samuel who did not live up to the contract as an elite corner
in Philly.

Good people don't repeatedly rob people at gunpoint. And plenty of people grow up in the "hood" and don't resort to crime. Most, actually. The fact that you think this sort of mentality is reflective of poor black America is disturbing. It's thug culture, not hood culture. Two very different things. JC decided to become a lowlife criminal Nobody else is responsible but him. Plenty of poor youth do the right thing and they don't need the lure of NFL millions to stop victimizing people.

If you don't care that he did these things that's your right. But please stop making excuses for him.

I am out, I never played the race card. You seem very biased about this player for whatever reason. There are many examples of players who were never able to move away from their youth. Aaron Hernandez says Hi.

Then you didn't bother to research the incident and just want to label JC a "thug POS" based on a kneejerk reaction and assumptions. You're going to call him "trash" ... seriously?

If you had researched the incident you would've learned that JC was found not guilty on all charges. Charges weren't dropped, he didn't take a plea deal, there wasn't a backdoor deal; the case went to trial and a verdict was reached: He was found not guilty and acquitted of all charges he faced.

As for the incident itself, apparently JC kept questionable company but he never possessed/brandished a weapon and was not present during the robbery. In fact, he claims he never knew the robbery was going to occur -- the actual robbery happened after JC had left the residence and this was confirmed as true by the victims.

Worst case scenario, JC assisted in setting up a robbery but never brandished a firearm and was not present as it occurred. Best case scenario, he kept questionable company, but had no knowledge of the robbery and had nothing to do with it. Either way, that doesn't seem like an act so heinous that one shouldn't be able to get a second chance as a result, nor something that makes one a "thug POS ... trash" for the rest of their life.

Do your research, drop your biases, check your assumptions. Your opinion about is both ornery and inaccurate.

Former Immokalee High School and University of Florida football standout Jerald "J.C." Jackson was found not guilty of four felonies Friday, charges that led to his departure from the Gators earlier this year.

Jurors in Gainesville deliberated for about two hours before acquitting Jackson, a 2014 graduate, on three counts of home invasion robbery and one count of burglary. Jackson faced up to life in prison if convicted on all counts.

Gainesville police and prosecutors accused the 19-year-old of helping to carry out a robbery of three men at an apartment in April. The victims said Jackson entered the apartment, left, returned with two other men, then left just before the holdup. About $375 cash and two video game systems were taken at gunpoint.

But Christopher Brown, Jackson's lawyer, argued that Jackson left the robbery scene with no knowledge that a robbery was about to occur. Jackson didn't testify in his defense.

"It surely shows a bad choice in company and that he wasn't using his head, but he didn't have a weapon and there was no evidence he ever obtained any stolen goods," Brown said. "It looks bad, but this isn't proof that he was part of a plan and assisted in the robbery."

Last edited:
Youth has nothing to do with it. Everyone knows well before they reach teenhood that robbing people at gunpoint is wrong. He's just a dirtbag. But I fully expected this type of response. If he's on another team, Tyreke Hill, for example people call him out for what he is. If he is on your team a large part of the fanbase will make excuses, rationalize and justify. It's one of the more gross aspects of NFL fandom. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I just don't like the guy knowing what I know now. People are obviously free to disagree.
I’m not sure who you’re responding to, but let’s clarify something. No one in the posts previous to the one I am responding to said what he did was okay. The story clearly frames him as being someone who has turned their life around. What team he is on doesn’t matter. If he goes out tomorrow and pulls some dirty ****, I’ve been around here long enough to know that most people on this board wouldn’t give the dude a pass. People make mistakes in life. Some learn from it and turn their lives around and have a positive impact on the world. Some don’t.

Tyreek Hill broke a child's arm.

JC was present in an apartment a few minutes before a robbery occurred. He never brandished a weapon and was not present when the actual robbery happened (this is confirmed by the victims themselves - JC was not there when the robbery happened, that's a matter of fact). JC insists he had no idea those two other men intended to commit a robbery. The case went to trial and he was found not guilty on all charges.

Again, just to emphasize this point because it's extremely important: JC faced a full and complete trial. There was no backroom deal, no plea bargain, nor any dropping/altering of the charges faced. The case went to trial and jurors deliberated; based on the evidence, JC was found not guilty - he was acquitted.

Awesome article. I knew he had a bad background, but the number of incidents is kinda mindboggling. Fate is strong with JC.

Also, let me say, if he was a 1st rounder, i doubt wed have so many guys opening to him leaving... I think we truly hit a jackpot with JC and id be very mad if he leaves without a tag

Ps - im more ashamed of people who were hooke by the troll than by his obviously ******ed take

Not gonna disagree about him being overhyped. Would like to see him stay, but not anywhere near the top level $$$ he'll get elsewhere. That being said, he's no saint and made more than a few pizz-poor decisions as a young, black man from sheer poverty. Now, unless you can claim to have a similar pedigree and know of the real-life struggles I would like to hear them because other than that you have no right to pass judgment on a man just from reading a phucking article on Yahoo sports. The kid is where he is because he got a few breaks from a system that doesn't normally do that for someone like him and now he's making the most of it....I say good for him and I hope he pays it forward by trying to be the role model that many kids where he came from could use.

What will the price be, 17-19M?
Tag is at least $17.4M. He’s getting at least that from a one year tag deal from Bill or on the open market. He’s already made the Pro Bowl. If he makes All Pro, someone could pay him a contract that is close or exceeds Ramsey.
I’d also hate to see him go and the team get nothing in return either.
They’d get a 3rd round come pick unless they sign a guy with comparable contract.
It’s really weird how he can’t draft DB’s, but finds these UDFA gems.

Tag is at least $17.4M. He’s getting at least that from a one year tag deal from Bill or on the open market. He’s already made the Pro Bowl. If he makes All Pro, someone could pay him a contract that is close or exceeds Ramsey.

They’d get a 3rd round come pick unless they sign a guy with comparable contract.

Not that weird. The CB/WR draft evals were broken since 2004 after mcd/caserio changed them. Findable on Google

If he leaves after this year, doesn’t last years signings offset that comp pick?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back