PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions

My prediction: After the joint practices with Carolina we leave Harry and a 5th there and take Robby Anderson with us
Also darnold will throw multiple INT to our DB

Future FA and draft predictions:

-Trey Flowers coming back to replace Wise Jr. a possibility. However, Josh is going to do his best to steal him away.
-I'd also like to see Akiem Hicks back to replace Wise Jr..
-Bill goes front 7 with his first pick and takes a WR no later than the 2nd round. CB and OL will be the day 2 priorities as well.

Brady gets back to the SB this year, but loses.
I agree with the first part. He wins it if it's vs Buffalo... his winning percentage against them is .917

My prediction: After the joint practices with Carolina we leave Harry and a 5th there and take Robby Anderson with us
Also darnold will throw multiple INT to our DB

Or we leave Harry, take nothing, and let the frantic calls from the Panthers front office go straight to voicemail.

Brady wins MVP like he should have last year. With the extra game I say he beats one of Manning's season TD record or Brees's season yardage record

Ohhh....my turn to play!!

1.) 11-6 wild card berth.

2.) 4-2 in the division. We split with the Jets/Bills and sweep Miami.

3.) Here is where we stand with Belichick vs. Shula:

Shula 347–173–6

Belichick 321-156-0 (through 2021)

49 more games to do: 26-17-6

I think BB is a good bet to do 3 more seasons or 51 games plus playoffs. If he does 11-6 this year..wins a playoff game...then wins a SB in 2023 with 15 wins...I think he rides off into the sunset...if not..3 seasons.

4.) N'Keal surprises us all with 10TD receptions and leaves in free agency, LOL.

Ohhh....my turn to play!!

1.) 11-6 wild card berth.

2.) 4-2 in the division. We split with the Jets/Bills and sweep Miami.

3.) Here is where we stand with Belichick vs. Shula:

Shula 347–173–6

Belichick 321-156-0 (through 2021)

49 more games to do: 26-17-6

I think BB is a good bet to do 3 more seasons or 51 games plus playoffs. If he does 11-6 this year..wins a playoff game...then wins a SB in 2023 with 15 wins...I think he rides off into the sunset...if not..3 seasons.

4.) N'Keal surprises us all with 10TD receptions and leaves in free agency, LOL.
29-20 = 26-17-6
So that’s 10-7, 10-7, 9-6 with 2 games left in 2024 (plus and playoff games)
Looks like a lead pipe lock.

Brady wins MVP like he should have last year. With the extra game I say he beats one of Manning's season TD record or Brees's season yardage record
55 TDs will be pretty hard for anyone to beat ever. Even with the extra game I don't see Brady reaching 50 TDs. I'll change my mind if they do something crazy like trade for D.K. Metcalf. The yardage record (also held by Manning) Brady could have had a shot at this past season had the second Saints game not gone sideways with the injuries. This record probably will get broken several times over the next decade.

55 TDs will be pretty hard for anyone to beat ever. Even with the extra game I don't see Brady reaching 50 TDs. I'll change my mind if they do something crazy like trade for D.K. Metcalf. The yardage record (also held by Manning) Brady could have had a shot at this past season had the second Saints game not gone sideways with the injuries. This record probably will get broken several times over the next decade.
Right my bad that's also Manning's record not Brees. Brees had the career yardage lead which of course Brady broke last year.

Or we leave Harry, take nothing, and let the frantic calls from the Panthers front office go straight to voicemail.
I feel sorry for the voicemail

I predict we never hear anything about Gruden suing the league.

I predict we will draft a player that will be as impactful as Gronkowski or Seymour.

I predict we land another starter on a one year prove it deal.

1. Pats again finish top 10 in offense and in defense, with a top 3 run offense.
2. Patriots don't draft a WR before round 5 this year, upsetting most fans
3. Mac takes a step forward, getting a better grasp on the playbook to the point that the team is able to play with tempo more often
4. Jonnu Smith has a bounce back season with 800 all purpose yards
5. Ronnie Perkins becomes a mainstay on the defense for years to come
6. The Patriots will add 3-5 more veteran contributors to this team before the season starts.
I see point 2 as a distinct possibility . If we don't take anyone by round 3 , most of us are gonna be super pi***d. Maybe it's just Calvin Austin or Kyle Phillips for us .

Christian Watson is going to be drafted by chiefs and put up hill like numbers and we would be cursing our front office for not drafting him.

So this thread has morphed into a Tommy thread, thanks to @sb1

Early for these since it's before the draft but I'll make them anyway.
1. Same prediction as last year. 9-8 give or take a game.
2. Pats lose one to the Jete unfortunately. They're due and look at some of the teams they beat and hung with last year.
3. The Patriots were a bad football team in 2020 and out of contention in November. Now we have a lot of needs but the draft should address some of them. In the end I don't think they're a bad team in 2022 and thinking about how these other teams will beat up on each other like in the AFC West I think a 9-8 record puts them in contention right to the end. Wild card? I'd put our chances at 40%. Depends on Miami.
4. This season will tell us everything we need to know about Mac Jones and his future. I think we'll be surprised and in a good way.
5. Bill has 3 seasons left as HC of the Pats, max. He said he doesn't want to coach into his 70's and I really don't think he changed his mind.
6. Bill falls short of Shula's record.
7. N'Keal Harry has himself a preseason and somehow makes the team. Because of course.
8. Surprise cut: Agholor.
9. A possible surprise cut and this would be a shocker: Damien Harris. I think Stevenson is the guy.
delete 7&9 - #5 I think Bill is gone after this season on a "mutual agreement".

since we're doing predictions....2022 Pats play the most zone they've played in years and have an all time bad Pats pass defense. it will be like the Terrence Wheatley, Darius Butler, Alfonso Dennard era

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back