PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Predictions

And you want to replace him with Stevenson who fumbled the same amount of times in 2/3s of the carries.
A 900 yard rusher at 4.6 per carry, WITH 15 TDs, on a cheap contract and you want to dump him and doubt anyone would want him. Did he bang your wife?

But he “almost fumbled” :rolleyes:
Stevenson was a rookie in 2021. Harris is now in the last year of his contract. Not that I needed to point that out.

I also didn't say he should be a surprise cut I said *possible* surprise cut. With Stevenson here Harris is redundant. If they can find a taker for him then that's great.

Stevenson was a rookie in 2021. Harris is now in the last year of his contract. Not that I needed to point that out.

I also didn't say he should be a surprise cut I said *possible* surprise cut. With Stevenson here Harris is redundant. If they can find a taker for him then that's great.

Redundant? Backfield by committee is insurance against injury. When you have capable backs on the cheap, you don't trade them away....

1. Pats again finish top 10 in offense and in defense, with a top 3 run offense.
2. Patriots don't draft a WR before round 5 this year, upsetting most fans
3. Mac takes a step forward, getting a better grasp on the playbook to the point that the team is able to play with tempo more often
4. Jonnu Smith has a bounce back season with 800 all purpose yards
5. Ronnie Perkins becomes a mainstay on the defense for years to come
6. The Patriots will add 3-5 more veteran contributors to this team before the season starts.

Except for the fact that Tom ALREADY has another SB ring. Does he have to win the SB every season of his career to prove he's THE main reason why his team's win?

Bill on the hand definitely will run out of time. As strong as the AFC has become, and with Buffalo primed to dominate the East, Bill probably won't see another conference championship game before he retires.

This is a joke. The Patriots assistant coaching depth chart currently reads like the goon squad. Not a single name on there that I would want as the Patriots next HC... especially not Patricia. So if this is Bill's plan then the Krafts to need to step in and ixnay it.

Bill would have to pried off the football field before reaching Shula's record. That and setting up his sons and his friends sons are among his reasons for still coaching.

The 2022 offense is going to heavily rely on the run offense, it's way ahead of their pass offense, and will be key to red zone success and setting up play-action (which plays into a strength of Mac Jones). So trading Harris would be stupid. He's not getting outright cut.

Sweep NYJ, yes. Split with Miami, yes. Split with Buffalo, GTFOH.

As for predicting the Patriots 2022 season right now:

Home
Buffalo L
Miami W
NYJ W
Baltimore W
Cincinnati L
Indianapolis L
Chicago W
Detroit W

Away

Buffalo L
Miami L
NYJ W
Cleveland L
Pittsburgh W
LVR L
Green Bay L
Minnesota L
Arizona W

That's 8-9. Cleveland could be a win if Watson is suspended for that game. Arizona you want to catch in the latter part of the season when they're falling apart like always. Baltimore, Cincinnati and Indianapolis at Gillette I have at 1-2 but that could flip to 2-1... beating all three seems improbable. It'll be quite a challenge for the Patriots to get into the postseason... just too many teams are better (at this moment). I'll reconsider if Jameson Williams drops to the Patriots in the draft.

You must be filthy rich from all the sports betting you are able to do with your rock solid prognostications.

Predictions right now for next year:

1. Pats finish 10-7 again but, unlike 2021, we start slow and finish strong, giving us some optimism for 2023.
2. Mac takes a leap and, aided by a first round receiver and growth from Bourne, Jonnu and Henry, we have a top 10 offense.
3. We finally beat Miami.

Following that:

1. We make it back to the SB with BB as coach.
2. BB coaches another 4 years following 2022 and then moves upstairs.
3. No one has heard of BB's successor.

Pats go 4-2 in the Div (2-0 Jetes, 1-1 with the other two). 10-7 overall, WC again.
Agreed on point 2
Patricia might be a good candidate, but there's still a few years to go.
1 - I think the Jets and Fins are both strong. If I'm wrong I think we're probably worse than 3-3 vs the AFCE and we play a much more difficult schedule than last year. I'll stick with 6-11 overall.
2 - Unless Tom wins it this season I think he's done winning. I don't think that Bill has enough time left.
3 - There's something about Patricia that Bill likes.

You must be filthy rich from all the sports betting you are able to do with your rock solid prognostications.
Are you l talking to me?

1. Pats again finish top 10 in offense and in defense, with a top 3 run offense.
2. Patriots don't draft a WR before round 5 this year, upsetting most fans
3. Mac takes a step forward, getting a better grasp on the playbook to the point that the team is able to play with tempo more often
4. Jonnu Smith has a bounce back season with 800 all purpose yards
5. Ronnie Perkins becomes a mainstay on the defense for years to come
6. The Patriots will add 3-5 more veteran contributors to this team before the season starts.
I like them all but #2

1. Pats finish 10-7 again but, unlike 2021, we start slow and finish strong, giving us some optimism for 2023.
2. Mac takes a leap and, aided by a first round receiver and growth from Bourne, Jonnu and Henry, we have a top 10 offense.

Following that:

I hope the first 3 are right.
The next 3 are going to be tough.

Early for these since it's before the draft but I'll make them anyway.
1. Same prediction as last year. 9-8 give or take a game.
2. Pats lose one to the Jete unfortunately. They're due and look at some of the teams they beat and hung with last year.
3. The Patriots were a bad football team in 2020 and out of contention in November. Now we have a lot of needs but the draft should address some of them. In the end I don't think they're a bad team in 2022 and thinking about how these other teams will beat up on each other like in the AFC West I think a 9-8 record puts them in contention right to the end. Wild card? I'd put our chances at 40%. Depends on Miami.
4. This season will tell us everything we need to know about Mac Jones and his future. I think we'll be surprised and in a good way.
5. Bill has 3 seasons left as HC of the Pats, max. He said he doesn't want to coach into his 70's and I really don't think he changed his mind.
6. Bill falls short of Shula's record.
7. N'Keal Harry has himself a preseason and somehow makes the team. Because of course.
8. Surprise cut: Agholor.
9. A possible surprise cut and this would be a shocker: Damien Harris. I think Stevenson is the guy.
Won't comment on the rest, but the Pats are not losing to the Jete, lol.

Following that:

On point 2 of your second grouping, I wonder how well that would work. And I don't mean because he's a bad GM personnel director. I know that's the opinion of some but I'm ignoring that for now. I just think it puts the new head coach into a real tough position where he basically has to knock it out of the park early on, or there would start to be pressure for Bill to take over some things. It's like if Brady hadn't unretired and instead came here as the QB coach. It's clear he's still mentally and physically capable of playing the position, so every time Mac screws up, there's a rumbling of "Maybe we should just have Tom come out of retirement..." It's just a presence looming over someone's shoulder that doesn't need to be there.

The thread topic is Predictions... so I'm arrogant for playing along??

Just curious... by which season are they leapfrogging at least half of the teams in the conference?

Does anyone know what that is? The asset that Patricia possesses where Bill says I have to have this guy tired to my hip?
Please stop. Most people on here are tired of your schtick......

Last edited:

How is he redundant? When have we ever used only one running back?
What do you possibly gain by cutting him?
This is really a dumb hill you are willing to die on.
Please list all of the teams that would have no use for Damien Harris.

1 - I think the Jets and Fins are both strong. If I'm wrong I think we're probably worse than 3-3 vs the AFCE and we play a much more difficult schedule than last year. .
The jets were in the bottom 10 (power ranking of 27 to end the year)

The jets are in the bottom 10 (28 as of now).

The jets will be in the bottom 10 at the end of the season.
=================
As of NOW, the patriots are down from last year (10 to 13). I expect us to end the season about the same as now, and to compete for a wild card spot.

Please stop. Most people on here are tired of your schtick......
Schtick?? At least you're taking a neutral position.

I haven't posted in a week. Not you but some ppl must be pretty thin skinned. I apologize to Patricia's fan club. And forget what I said about the conference... the Patriots are going to Super Bowl LVII. I may as well recant anything else I said that may have resembled a prediction.

Following that:

I would like to see Mike Vrable come here to succeed BB.

It's a tough list of opponents and it's hard to guess without knowing when we play each team, but I think we win 10 games. If we face Indy and Cleveland early, I think our chances are a lot better than if we face them later, due to new QB's on both teams (and Watson's probable suspension the early part of the season).

Feels like 2002...

Last year I said between 9 and 12 wins (they lost at least 2 games they should have won, d%#*!@t), but I think they're down a game from that, so I'll say they go somewhere from 8-9 to 11-6.

Pats miss the playoffs this year.

Mac takes a big step forward.

New defensive style unveiled.

BB has a 40% chance to get back to the SB, at best, before he hangs it up. That's better than most coaches, by the way.

BB breaks Shula's record before he retires, health permitting.

Brady gets back to the SB this year, but loses.

Pats are big players in next off-season.

Pats are a serious contender in 2023.

Reactions: sb1
Always find it difficult to pick what games they will win and lose, as injuries are often an equalizer, so gonna go with my standard prediction.. the NEP will win between 10 & 13 games...

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back