PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Super Bowl Thread- On to the Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like our chances this year better than last year. Rams will be tough but I don’t think they’re any harder than LAC or KC, just different. The Rams defense will put up a stiffer test than KC, but the game is indoors on a neutral field. They have weapons on offense no doubt, but not like KC. I think we’re also way more battle tested this year. No easy path to the SB. In fact, I’d say this was our hardest path since 2001! 2 pro bowl QBs, one of them the league MVP, a top 10 defense in LAC, an historic offense in KC and a host of elite pass rushers that we’ve defeated. I think it’ll come down to the QBs, and we have the GOAT so I’m feeling ok about this matchup.

Ok, I am going to speak for all the over 60 year olds here. For all you YOUNG KIDS:) You are watching something that you will NEVER SEE AGAIN IN YOUR WHOLE LIFES. This is NOT NORMAL, the team you root for does not EVER EVER EVER win all the big games, have so many big moments, make seemingly all the Superbowls, and win so many of them.

In a way I feel bad for you, because if you are in your 20s, there is NO WAY you can experience how horrible our teams were, and then how incredible history is now. Im fearing that you will be doing this whole timeline in REVERSE, sooooooo

ENJOY YOUR YOOTH!! This is a one in a billion:)

BTW - I didn't see if Mahomes actually went onto the field at the end.. All I saw was a quick flash of him running to the locker-room.. Was he "throwing a tantrum" the way people claimed that Brady did when he lost big games?

A man can only wear so many hats for god’s sake.
I've got mine on a shelf above my Computer. I started collecting the Danbury Mint Coins. They don't take up as much room.. LOL.

BTW - I didn't see if Mahomes actually went onto the field at the end.. All I saw was a quick flash of him running to the locker-room.. Was he "throwing a tantrum" the way people claimed that Brady did when he lost big games?

He was out trying to get to Brady but could not locate him in all the pandemonium. Brady later on came by the Chiefs lockerroom and asked if he could talk with Mahomes.

Thanks so much for that. This is so much better than the castrated version we will get from the Pats. Nice nugget to hear that our OL actually is happy they get to face Suh. Also great little nugget with Hoyer/Slater about the coin toss.
Yeah I was surprised to find this. I was just randomly searching on youtube for post game analysis and found it. So much better indeed!

Kudos to some unsung heroes:
Trent Brown - No False Starts and played a helluva game.
Lawrence Guy - What a pick up he's been. Just does his job.
Adrian Clayborn - Played a helluva game.. Helped open things up.
Elandon Roberts - He's doing much better at hitting the correct holes.
Malcolm Brown- Played the game of his career imho. Was very stout at the POA.

Kyle Van Noy - Yep.. according to some he's only a #4 LB in a 4-3 defense and shouldn't be on the field otherwise.

He was out trying to get to Brady but could not locate him in all the pandemonium. Brady later on came by the Chiefs lockerroom and asked if he could talk with Mahomes.

I knew about Brady going to find him afterwards.. Saw that last night. Like I said, I hadn't actually seen Mahomes go on the field.. Just head to the locker-room..

Yeah I was surprised to find this. I was just randomly searching on youtube for post game analysis and found it. So much better indeed!

Honestly I think you should make a separate thread with it so it doesn't get lost. It is the best thing we will get all week in terms of SoundFX/Behind the scenes stuff..

Mahomes is the most likeable young star I have seen in a while, really hope he doesnt get injured. This game was the first AFC Championship EVER I was going to root for the other team in the SB if they had lost. NEVER could have rooted for Denver, Indy, Ravens, Jets, or any other team that beat us in the playoffs. Kid is tiny though, and he moves around a lot, hope he stats healthy.

Rams offense w/ Kupp (8 games):

465.6 yards per game
33.4 points per game

w/o Kupp (10 games):

384.8 yards per game
31.6 points per game

Jared Goff w/ Kupp:

69.2% comp pct.
329.6 yards per game
111.6 passer rating

w/o Kupp:

60.1% comp pct.