PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre Game Thread- We are on to the Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got Mac breaking 300 yards this game, he's going for 302 yards, 3 TD's and 1 interception.
So, you have doing better against a better defense than he has done all year? ok.

So, you have doing better against a better defense than he has done all year? ok.
Better than who? Dallas is 31st against the pass.

Better than who? Dallas is 31st against the pass.
and the pats played the 32nd worst and didnt get near that....it really has not mattered, but dallas still has playmakers on the defense and they get turnovers. For him to get those numbers he would have to pass like 60 times. You are looking at yards. Teams that score a lot give up a lot of passing yards because teams are passing late. If you look at the QB rating the cowboys give up its 85 which is 7th in the league. Pats have played 2 teams way down at the bottom of QB rating given up and did not even get close to that numbers. So unless the pats start getting beat by 30 points, he will not see those stats.

Cajuste is a good player. Our offensive line is fine
Said no one whatsoever. Did he or did he not statistically have a better game then the previous RT fill-ins thus far this year?

Yes, I see him starting to break out. He's figuring out how to use the TE's, I think they are starting to gel. I see a good game in his future. Plus the Cowboys are #15 in Points Allowed, so they aren't that great of a defense, middle of the pack

Yes, I see him starting to break out. He's figuring out how to use the TE's, I think they are starting to gel. I see a good game in his future. Plus the Cowboys are #22 in Points Allowed, so they aren't that great of a defense.
So you are doing a complete guess based on nothing? Ok. I guess that works. I am sure he will have another good game at some point, they still get to play the jets and jags this year.

and the pats played the 32nd worst and didnt get near that....it really has not mattered, but dallas still has playmakers on the defense and they get turnovers. For him to get those numbers he would have to pass like 60 times. You are looking at yards. Teams that score a lot give up a lot of passing yards because teams are passing late. If you look at the QB rating the cowboys give up its 85 which is 7th in the league. Pats have played 2 teams way down at the bottom of QB rating given up and did not even get close to that numbers. So unless the pats start getting beat by 30 points, he will not see those stats.
275 is pretty close to 302.

So you are doing a complete guess based on nothing? Ok. I guess that works. I am sure he will have another good game at some point, they still get to play the jets and jags this year.
For real you are criticizing how well Jomes has played in his first 5 games?
The crazy in this place is something else.

275 is pretty close to 302.
1 td is not close to 3....He said 302 and 3 td's. Since his throws are about 5 yards, he will need to throw about 55 times to get to that number.

For real you are criticizing how well Jomes has played in his first 5 games?
The crazy in this place is something else.
You did not follow this conversation did you. Ok. Give me Jones end of the year stats so we can see if you contradict yourself. No, nobody criticized anything. I said he is probably not going to get to those stats that someone estimated. I do not criticize anything in 5 games, I just do not compare QB's to all time greats after 5 games either.

1 td is not close to 3....He said 302 and 3 td's. Since his throws are about 5 yards, he will need to throw about 55 times to get to that number.
6.5 is not 5.

You did not follow this conversation did you. Ok. Give me Jones end of the year stats so we can see if you contradict yourself. No, nobody criticized anything. I said he is probably not going to get to those stats that someone estimated. I do not criticize anything in 5 games, I just do not compare QB's to all time greats after 5 games either.
These were your words.

I am sure he will have another good game at some point, they still get to play the jets and jags this year.

That is severe criticism.
It implies he had one good game and at best will have 2 more, and is beyond ignorant.

6.5 is not 5.
God I just picked some horrible low number, is it really 6.5? I thought it was around 7 or 8. Is it really only 6.5 a throw? 6.5 is his ypa, that is not how far he throws it per pass. If he throws a ball behind the line on a screen and it goes 10 yards, his ypa is 10.

These were your words.

That is severe criticism.
It implies he had one good game and at best will have 2 more, and is beyond ignorant.
No, its the truth. I would say prove it wrong, but you do not really have any way to do that, so what I said is true until shown to be wrong. I mean he has faced two of the worst pass defenses in the league in 5 games, and he has 5 td's and 5 ints. The one top 5 pass defense he played he was awful. I have to go by what I have not what I want to happen. Right now 25 td's and 12 ints does not look like a good bet.

God I just picked some horrible low number, is it really 6.5? I thought it was around 7 or 8. Is it really only 6.5 a throw? 6.5 is his ypa, that is not how far he throws it per pass. If he throws a ball behind the line on a screen and it goes 10 yards, his ypa is 10.
What?

No, its the truth. I would say prove it wrong, but you do not really have any way to do that, so what I said is true until shown to be wrong. I mean he has faced two of the worst pass defenses in the league in 5 games, and he has 5 td's and 5 ints. The one top 5 pass defense he played he was awful. I have to go by what I have not what I want to happen. Right now 25 td's and 12 ints does not look like a good bet.
What you said is wrong. Flat wrong. He has played well in 4 of 5 games. He has competed 71% of his passes.

What you said is wrong. Flat wrong. He has played well in 4 of 5 games. He has competed 71% of his passes.
He has 5 td's and 5 ints. That is average in 5 games. Actually in todays football, that is not even average. 71 percent, has he thrown a ball farther than 15 yards in the air? Like 1? I actually looked this up. He has 2 passes 20 yards in the air all year. 2. To put that in prespective. Qb's have 40 of such passes. He is throwing safe passes and that is fine, becuase that is what you want him to do, but that does not lead to 300 yards and 3 td games like was mentioned unless also like I said, he throws 50 times. Everything I said, in response to what was said, is true. Its not a knock, its what he is being asked to do.

To go through every metric.
PFF he is ranked between Tyrod taylor and David Mills. 23rd
in Qb rating he is between Heinike and Darnold 25th
In QBR 23rd.

This is what he is right now, thats it. It does not mean its bad, it means he is young and not asked to do a lot. QB's not asked to do a lot, end up not doing a lot.

So saying he has played well? Well it depends on where your bar is set. He is in the bottom quarter of the league in 3 used metrics.
So no, I am not wrong, which is why I said, I cannot predict something that he has not done yet. I am funny like that, I have to actually see this be done.

Your expectations are way out of whack. 6.5 seems about average for top qbs making their first few starts. Im guessing very few qbs historically have been up in the +7 ypa range starting out. Here’s a great post by Pape on another thread that compares his 5 starts against some other QBs.
here's a look back... isolated the first five career starts of the top ten on the current leader board, with Mac slotted in... just to frame the reference

tkcex8p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday